2008 MLB All-Star Game

Cujo

Uggla's off the hook. Now he can breathe again.

McCann hits a pinch-hit HR here in the 11th. I can sense it.

If Hurdle actually plays him. I don't understand why he didn't hit him in the 10th.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uggla should not be in. (Josh Hamilton should be by now)

1. Hamilton already left.

2. They're on different teams.

3. Hamilton plays OF.

And Peter Abraham of the LoHud blog:

12:04 p.m.: That?s some kind of pitching by Dennis Cook.

OK, that was meant to be Brandon Phillips.

LvZYtbZ.png

Now, taking out the DH in an ALL STAR game, does that eliminate the "DH is out, Pitcher has to hit" rule?

Or are they really strict about that?

Where did they take out the DH? Longoria took over the spot of the DH, so he functions as such.

I meant for the NL and Wright. Isn't the rule if you take out the DH for a PH or move the DH to the field, you lose the DH spot and the pitcher is inserted into the order?

You can pinch hit for the DH, that would result in the new hitter becoming the DH. Now, if you move the DH to the field, then you lose the DH.

LvZYtbZ.png

3. Hamilton plays OF.

Who's not on the All-Star team, try again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

3. Hamilton plays OF.

Who's not on the All-Star team, try again.

Who should have been in place of Utley.

LvZYtbZ.png

Uggla! Uggla! Uggla! You're the MAN, yeaaaaah!!!

We love your last name and your lasting way of play!!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

and Ludwick is wearing his home batting helmet with his road uniform. Paul Lucas is going nuts right now.

thinking Ludwicks helmet is a Phillies helmet with the road STL logo slapped on it, Albert was wearing a blue coolflow helmet though which the Cardinals as a team dont have.

If someone's recording this game, (and I hope you got MLB and Fox's expressed written consent), I believe I saw Jason Justin Morneau's batting helmet with the Red Sox's number font on the back of his helmet.

Now, taking out the DH in an ALL STAR game, does that eliminate the "DH is out, Pitcher has to hit" rule?

Or are they really strict about that?

Where did they take out the DH? Longoria took over the spot of the DH, so he functions as such.

I meant for the NL and Wright. Isn't the rule if you take out the DH for a PH or move the DH to the field, you lose the DH spot and the pitcher is inserted into the order?

You can pinch hit for the DH, that would result in the new hitter becoming the DH. Now, if you move the DH to the field, then you lose the DH.

OK, I wasn't sure about the Pinch Hitting aspect of that...because I was wondering if they let that slide in the ASG to save some players on the bench for later innings.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh no.

(and don't expect him to win a game, apparently)

damnit Beat me to it. I was going to say that Corey Hart needs to stop wearing his sunglasses for night games. That's the way he's playing tonight.

PvO6ZWJ.png

and Ludwick is wearing his home batting helmet with his road uniform. Paul Lucas is going nuts right now.

thinking Ludwicks helmet is a Phillies helmet with the road STL logo slapped on it, Albert was wearing a blue coolflow helmet though which the Cardinals as a team dont have.

If someone's recording this game, (and I hope you got MLB and Fox's expressed written consent), I believe I saw Jason Justin Morneau's batting helmet with the Red Sox's number font on the back of his helmet.

Been that way all season. Not sure why. The whole Twins team uses Red Sox numbers on the helmets.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I am, I'll look it up.

Selig has to be in his suite right now drinking shots of Jack with the situation it's in right now.

Edit: They just showed him on TV a second ago and he was just dumbfounded.

If they don't have some kind of plan if this game keeps going Selig will officially be the dumbest man in sports. With all the crap that he took for the tie in 2002, you would think that some kind of plan would be in place for future all star games.

CanadiensBanners.jpg

banners-1-1.jpg

Archived