Atlanta Braves Concept

Anomalied

I moved the tomahawk to the shoulder... I always thought it looked awkward. Changed the hat a little. Made a new alternate because their current red one is atrocious. Plus, the white script on blue reminds me of the Hank Aaron era.

f_bravesconcem_b26a351.jpg

These remind me ALOT of the mid-80s look of the Braves, and this is basically what it would look like if it were updated. I do like the idea of the tomahawk going to the sleeve, and moving the numbers to the chest was a good idea as well, so as to make the chest look less bare. I'd add a navy outline to the home numbers, but that's the only thing I can really think of adding at the moment.

The primaries aren't better than the current primaries, but the alt beats the hell out of the alt that the Braves have now. So yeah, this is good, if only because it fixed the problem of the Braves and their bad alts.

I like what you have done, and I don't know a bigger Braves fan than me. The blue alternate is beautiful and although the 80's were not kind to Braves fans, this is an excellent update on that look. Here is what I would suggest to make your concept even better:

- Make the tomahawk a little smaller. I'm assuming you left it bigger so people could see it, which is fine, but on the jersey, it should be smaller.

-Since we are on the subject of the sleeve, instead of a tomahawk, try the 'A' alternate logo with the tomahawk going through it on the shoulder. You would have to change the colors to fit the rest of the uniform, but I think it would look great.

-Do put an outline around the numbers on the home jersey. That will complete it.

Again, great concept. The Braves have a popular set, even with the alternates that fans can't stand. (I like them, but I'm in the minority) Again, great work.

I echo TFoA saying this definitely has a retro feel. Everything is well done and looks good. The alternate miles ahead of the Braves' blue alternate because the wordmark stands out from the jersey and the red alternate because it's not as "in your face." I wouldn't mind the Braves using this alternate instead of either one they employ now. I feel the rest of the set, while good, isn't an upgrade over what they currently have. I think it's almost "too retro" to be an every day look.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Changed the concept a bit based on your feedback. Added a border to the home numbers and changed the tomahawk to the alternate hat logo.

You know, I'm still on the fence about which logo you should use for the sleeves, but other than that, this concept is just perfection. The home jersey looks a lot better now, and I can't think of a way to make it look sexier. Awesome job, dude. Hell, I'd send this to the Braves, even! :P

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

That's flippin beautiful.

I actually really like the elimination of the tomahawk under the scripts, makes room for the numbers you've added to the fronts. And I never really loved the bulky piping onb the current braves uniforms, good job making it much simpler.

Beautiful.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 2 weeks later...

I really like what you've done here. This is a clean and well thought out concept. Something about the white wordmark on blue thought just looks off. Maybe try TB Bucs style numbers (triple outline). B)

spacer.png  I just love penguins......always dressed for the occasion. spacer.png

The numbers on the gray jersey should have the same navy outline as the ones on the white one.

Also, I think these may look better without front numbers. Something about having them on there takes away from what is actually a pretty well-done script. Maybe if the front numbers were plain to the point where there were no outlines (think Dodgers) they would serve to accentuate the script, but as they stand now, I'd just drop them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived