Guess What? Another OKC NBA concept!

fishheatcats

I'm taking a break from my USL series to join the onslaught of OKC concepts, and this is my first NBA set in a long while. I wanted to steer clear of the oil baron or cowboy theme and go with the tornado identity for OKC. It was tricky to do something without using a straight up Tasmanian Devil style tornado. I chose Twisters over Cyclones because it's more unique in sports. The primary is a basketball being engulfed in a thunderstorm about to form a tornado. The secondary is the ball with OKC and the tertiary is simply the ball with the wind swirling around it. The colors are close to what the Grizzlies wear, but from what I've heard they are in line to, ironically, move back the the Pacific Northwest and become the new Sonics. C&C!

okcrj6.gif

UPDATE

okc2en5.gif

Awesome job. This is probably my favorite out of all of them so far. I like the colors, logo, and the font/wordmark that you used for the numbers and city name. Great work...

I was thinking the same thing. This is definitely the best concept put on here so far. And I really like that you stayed away from any cowboy or oil references.

gYH2mW9.png

It's a gorgeous design, but for some reason, I look at the ball and the wind swirling around it, and I immediately think about a claw grabbing the ball.

Everything about this is awesome, though. I agree with the posters above me; make the stitches on the ball either a really dark gray or black.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Changed the ball stripes to charcoal and tweaked the number placement/away script. Both are up for comparison.

In response to the Ducks comment, I can see how you see the resemblance. The combination of the colors, numbers, and the little points on the script do give off a bit of a Ducks vibe. I was about halfway through and I noticed the resemblance myself. I still think of them as teal and purple and as the Mighty Ducks, so it took me awhile to catch it. Also on the ball looking like a claw is gripping it, I think that's partly due to the similar colors to the Grizzlies. At first it really looked like a claw, but I have it now where at least in the primary it's wind first claw second, at least when I look at it. P.S. thanks for the comments! It's always nice, and relieving, to knock one out of the park like this lol.

Archived