New Arkansas Razorbacks Jerseys This Year

arkansasdolfan

Petrino mentioned at SEC Media Days Friday that the Hogs would have a new, "tight" jersey. There is a picture in the article that I honestly looks a bit fake. Thoughts?

http://nwanews.com/blogs/slophouse/2008/07...tight-uniforms/

Also, rumor on the Hog boards from someone who apparently has friends on the team (so take it for what it is worth) is that Arkansas will have a black alternate.

dolphins2.png

So Petrino likes his players in tight uniforms? :huh: Should they be worried?

As much as I hate the hogs, I think their basic uniform look has been great. They tried the weird shoulder things through Adidas a few years back, but went back to the basic look. And a black alt.? What's Petrino's deal? He have to have a black alt everywhere he goes? Louisville, Atlanta (ok, it was there before him, but now we know the true reason he took the job.) And with his record of quick leaves, what's next a black alt for the Miami Dolphins? Penn State? The Wendy's flag football team?

• 2 weeks later...

Houston (errr I mean Bobby) we have pics of the new unis. The home was modeled today at media day.

MKXEHNSBRLSSKRV.20080805141211.jpg

Overall I am indifferent. I think they are better than the last two years jerseys that were the OU knockoffs. The bigger numbers are throwing me off but I like the fact that they have gone back with the look they had from 2002-2005 (but the color of the jersey is actually our color and not the off-maroon that was in those jerseys). The piping is a bit troubling for me, but I guess I like how the torso is supposed to look like hog horns. Overall a slight upgrade.

The link to the news story is here http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArti...;DB_OEM_ID=6100

dolphins2.png

I remember joking that with Petrino at the helm that there'd be ridiculous new uniforms and that there'd be a black alternate.

I'm no Razorback fan, but I always thought that their uniforms looked alright. These, not so much.

sheppardmg8.jpg

If an eight letter nameplate is going to overrun one of the more prominent features of your design, you need to either go without nameplates, narrow your nameplate lettering, or re-work your design. As it stands, these look significantly less impressive from the back because of this glaring error.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

With the exceptions of the stripes on the side that runs to the back, the jerseys are nice. IMO, I don't like the stripes on the side. Makes the jersey messy looking. However, the piping on the shoulders is nice.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

sheppardmg8.jpg

If an eight letter nameplate is going to overrun one of the more prominent features of your design, you need to either go without nameplates, narrow your nameplate lettering, or re-work your design. As it stands, these look significantly less impressive from the back because of this glaring error.

i noticed that but didn't mention it. that's a pretty bad error and bad design in general. even if you did screen print the names, longer names could run into the piping. the only way to avoid that is use really small font or put the piping over the nameplate which wouldn't really be possible.

Archived