2008 NFL Uniform Combos

tohasbo

Jets in all-white with white socks. Is this the first time for this look?

Nope. The Jets have used white socks on the road for several years now.

I actually like the solid green socks combined with the white pants, as they better complinemt the green sleeves they wear on the road.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints wore the "ballet-leotard" black pants at home with the white jerseys yesterday:

black.jpg

Man, I hate that look and those pants. Gold/White/Gold is the best... and of course, we won in them, so you'll probably see them again next week against the Vikings on MNF....

It is what it is.

Saints wore the "ballet-leotard" black pants at home with the white jerseys yesterday:

black.jpg

Man, I hate that look and those pants. Gold/White/Gold is the best... and of course, we won in them, so you'll probably see them again next week against the Vikings on MNF....

Which raises this point: is something going on with the Saints' black jerseys this year? Two home games...both in white. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd sense something was amiss here.

BUT...also, here's this: they're playing the Vikings. On Monday Night Football next week. Might we see something special? New black jerseys?

Or perhaps that gold alternate they broke out last time they had the Vikes in the dome???????

(One can only HOPE...me anyway)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

black.jpg

I think the uniforms the Saints wore yesterday along with the Jags and Ravens and whoever else does the solid pants with matching socks are the absolute worst uniforms in sports. IMO the gold helmet makes it slightly better looking than the black helmet that the Jags and Ravens wear but nevertheless its disgusting. And you're right, they probably will wear these stupid things again because they won. I'm a Saints fan and I hate the fact that we ever added the black pants. I thought that I loved the all black at first, but as we wore it more and more and more and more and I began to hate them. We just wore them too much and wore them out.

2623arr.jpg

Week 3 and 4 updates up except for the Ravens/Steelers matchup....

UniWatch says tonight is a Steeler throwback night ... but as I write this, I get that we still don't know the Ravens' pants choice

They were laying out a yellow helmet for their MNF display, so that confirms the throwbacks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Which raises this point: is something going on with the Saints' black jerseys this year? Two home games...both in white. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd sense something was amiss here.

I haven't heard anything official, but I know that when Sean Payton became coach, his original plan was to wear white at home. The players preferrred black (remember the all-black look?) and since they were winning, he went with it. But since the Saints went 7-9 last year, I think it's back to Payton's call... I prefer the home whites, too (LSU and Georgia Tech grad; big surprise there, hunh?) but just not with the black pants.

BUT...also, here's this: they're playing the Vikings. On Monday Night Football next week. Might we see something special? New black jerseys?

Or perhaps that gold alternate they broke out last time they had the Vikes in the dome???????

(One can only HOPE...me anyway)

GOLD JERSEYS AGAINST THE VIKINGS?!? Last time we had the Vikings in the dome and wore the gold jerseys (with black pants, which looked HIDEOUS) we allowed the Vikings to score near the end of the game. The Vikings then went for TWO to WIN; Culpepper fumbled the snap, but still managed to score the conversion for the win.

I don't think we'll ever see gold jerseys again, and certainly not in the Dome against the Vikes....

Black (or white) throwbacks WOULD be nice, however, for MNF.......

It is what it is.

In other news, Cowboys wore white at home with their metallicsilverblue pants...except for Demarcus Ware, who wore the silver pants:

Linky

Will he get fined for that?

The sad part is that Ware was the only 'Poke on on the field whose uniform somewhat matched...

...matching silvers. Imagine that! :rolleyes:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...

Archived