2008 NFL Uniform Combos

tohasbo

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty boring weak for uni combos (which just added to some of the boring games of this weak).

Lots of colored pants have not seen much action this year:

-The Vikings still have just worn the purple pants once in 2 years.

-The Falcons have worn the black pants once all year.

-The Texans red pants, still have not made an appearance on the road.

-The Rams, after wearing the gold pants in all pre-season games, have worn them just once in the regular season.

-The Jags have still never worn the teal pants.

Speaking of the Jags, why won't they wear the teal jersey's with the black pants anymore? They did it a few times a year, until I believe last year. If there was any game I thought they would bust them out, it was yesterday's against undefeated Tennessee, in a late afternoon game. But, nope. And, predictably, they lost (again) at home. Teal with black, works because the black pants match the helmets. Just like, the Eagles green pants would work with the black jersey's, because the green pants match the helmets. That is the key. And, I would like to see the teal pants, on the road with the white jersey's every-now-and-then too. All teal, would suck. But, with the white jersey's? They would look kinda like the current Titans road look (which is excellent, BTW). The black pants on the road, would still be the main look. But, for a couple of games, the teal would work.

Some alts, that we have not seen (and may not, since these teams would tend to wear them on prime-time games) are Atlanta's blacks, Baltimore's blacks and New York's reds.

I think the Bills might be wearing the royal blue throwbacks tonight. The header on their website says 'Monday Night Football' and all four pictures of Bills players are wearing the throwbacks. This will be a good uniform matchup against the Browns.

EDIT: I didn't see the thread that says they are wearing them against the 49ers, but the game tonight would look great if they were in throwbacks.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think the Bills might be wearing the royal blue throwbacks tonight. The header on their website says 'Monday Night Football' and all four pictures of Bills players are wearing the throwbacks. This will be a good uniform matchup against the Browns.

No dice. The Bills are in their primary navy blue garbage.

The Browns are looking classy on the road, as always. I would rather see them with white facemakes though.

6uXNWAo.png

Just giving you a heads up, the main blogger for the Falcons reported that they're going to be wearing all-black this weekend.

Which raises this question: have the Falcons ever gone red-on-black with their current sets before? I seem to remember them doing that at least once before, but I can't really remember and Google ain't my friend right now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just giving you a heads up, the main blogger for the Falcons reported that they're going to be wearing all-black this weekend.

Which raises this question: have the Falcons ever gone red-on-black with their current sets before? I seem to remember them doing that at least once before, but I can't really remember and Google ain't my friend right now.

I believe they have - in 2005, against the Jets and Packers (ironically, Favre's last two teams) and at the Dolphins.

Sources - http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...c=46364&hl=

EDIT: Found a few pics on the Getty Images site:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Detail.a...amp;id=78519814

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Detail.a...amp;id=56189641

sig1.gif

Pretty boring weak for uni combos (which just added to some of the boring games of this weak).

Lots of colored pants have not seen much action this year:

-The Vikings still have just worn the purple pants once in 2 years.

-The Falcons have worn the black pants once all year.

-The Texans red pants, still have not made an appearance on the road.

-The Rams, after wearing the gold pants in all pre-season games, have worn them just once in the regular season.

-The Jags have still never worn the teal pants.

I for one just don't get how a team like the Vikings could spend so much time, effort, and research into re-designing their uniforms...and then not wear part of them. They've only worn the purple pants three times, including once with the all-purple Easter Egg combination. Why did they even bother with the purple pants, then?

The Texans need to try those nice red pants with the blue jerseys, too. And the Rams might as well not wear any pants at all, since they lose no matter what they pick out of the laundry.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Tennessee is also scheduled to wear their "old" primary jersey's (the navy blue) this week, for the only time in the regular season.

How much you wanna bet it'll be paired with the smurf blue pants???

[Luniz]I got five on it.[/Luniz]

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

sweet, Panthers in "Winter Whites" then, plus they moved the time to the later game (4:15pm)

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Tennessee is also scheduled to wear their "old" primary jersey's (the navy blue) this week, for the only time in the regular season.

Nah, they will wear them with the navy blue pants. Can almost count on that.

Nah, they will wear them with the navy blue pants. Can almost count on that.

Now that you say that...I might have to rescind that five. (I ain't think about the mono navy look.)

Anybody know if the Saints will be in white or black on Monday night? I want to make sure to wear the correct color Packers jersey. Have they worn white every home game so far?

To my recollection, yes. If they don't pull them black shirts out for MNF, we may not see them at all this season.

(Which further makes me believe the Saints got something planned for next season...)

Anybody know if the Saints will be in white or black on Monday night? I want to make sure to wear the correct color Packers jersey. Have they worn white every home game so far?

To my recollection, yes. If they don't pull them black shirts out for MNF, we may not see them at all this season.

(Which further makes me believe the Saints got something planned for next season...)

The Saints wore their black jerseys for the "home" game in London against the Chargers, and wore them at Washington earlier in the season.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived