London 2012 Olympics Concept *Update*

josh_cat_eyes

I got an idea at work last night and I sketched it out and did it in paint this morning. I have to work this afternoon, but this is the basic idea. Hopefully you well see what it is suposed to be. C&C please!

London2012.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I like the idea. A sword has a lot to do with the whole King Arthur story. I think thats an interesting part of English history to portray. It could be executed a bit better and I don't like the font, but, it is indeed a bit better than what they have now.

The sword idea is absolutely, 100 percent wrong for any Olympics concept. Being anti-sword, at least metaphorically, conceptually, and symbolically, is the whole point of the Olympic movement.

However, change the angles of the blue and green lines slightly, make the whole thing less vertical, and change your cover story from "sword" to "Big Ben" or "henge" and you have a winner here. The overall look and feel is fine; it's your explanation of the concept that doesn't work.

20082614447.png

My first thought was "What is it?" just like Nordiques. Without your explanation it would have taken me a while to see the imagery. Right now it looks incomplete and rushed. I can think of better symbols to represent London than a sword, since they're pretty universal, and that kind of looks like a Scottish claymore.

I like the idea. A sword has a lot to do with the whole King Arthur story. I think thats an interesting part of English history to portray. It could be executed a bit better and I don't like the font, but, it is indeed a bit better than what they have now.

erm... you know the king arthur story is a myth right? not 'a part of english history'.

I thought it might be related to the "Shard" aka London Bridge Tower:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge_Tower

I thought that it looked more like the Canary Wharf:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_Wharf

josh_cat_eyes, it's interesting how you chose a sword shape for your concept... but to be honest, anything's better than the eyesore that they really use now. Can't wait to see what you do with it later! :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

erm... you know the king arthur story is a myth right? not 'a part of english history'.

false. King Arthur, Golden Compass, Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter IS English history.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

london_olympics_logo.jpg

I still don't know what this is. Because all I see is SH:T.

And for the concept, It's a good idea for that shape, but I'd agree and say model it after Big Ben

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Tomorrow I have a day off so I will work on a sketch for a big ben version. It will be pretty simplified and basicly just show the top of the tower down to the clock and then it will have a clock. btw, how do the colors work?

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

*Update*

I just have a quick update here. This basicly the main graphic that I will use for big ben. I just need to at the clock inside the big square, I am just having a little bit of trouble doing so. Also the time on the clock is going to say 7:27 (July 27th, the opening day of the 2012 games.) How do things look now?

London2012-1.png

Also I have sadly come upon the paralypic games logo aswell...:puke:

300px-London_Paralympics_2012_svg.png

Archived