Creamer NCAA Top 25 Poll

Gary

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Texas or Penn State, if you're doing it right. :P

Penn State arguably. Texas? No way.

Really? They are undefeated and beat the #1 team. I don't think they are the best team in the country but the way these (real life) polls go I think they're attractive to the voters.

btw, are you putting the poll together this week?

Texas or Penn State, if you're doing it right. :P

Penn State arguably. Texas? No way.

Really? They are undefeated and beat the #1 team. I don't think they are the best team in the country but the way these (real life) polls go I think they're attractive to the voters.

Yeah, Texas is number 1 now in the real polls

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

One, yes really. Although when I look at my rankings, saying Texas is definitively not #1 might be a little strong, I stand by statement. According to my system, Alabama and Texas are 1-2 in "Rating/Game". They are both 6-0 and while Alabama has only beaten 4 teams with a record of .500 or better (compared to Texas' 5 such teams), Alabama's opposition has achieved their records against stiffer competition (and are therefore assumed to be better and indirectly rewarding Alabama. It is pretty close, but I'd give the edge to Alabama. With respect to total "Rating" Alabama and Texas are 3-4 behind Utah and Penn State. Those two teams are currently ahead due to them being 7-0 instead of 6-0. I realize why real life voters put Texas #1, but that doesn't make it the right decision. (See Oklahoma)

Two, I don't know. I can if need be, but it's not set in stone.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

[+3]1. Texas(4) 242

[--]2. Alabama(3) 240

[+2]3. Penn State(1) 232

[+4]4. Texas Tech 195

[-4]5. Oklahoma 193

[+8]6. Florida 176

[--]7. Brigham Young(1) 174

[+1]8. Southern California 170

[+6]9. Oklahoma State 159

[--]10. Utah(1) 151

[+1]11. Georgia 145

[-9]12. Missouri 143

[--]13. Ohio State 141

[+2]14. Boise State 115

[+5]15. Michigan State 103

[-10]16. Louisiana State 99

[+1]17. Virginia Tech 83

[+5]18. North Carolina 80

[-2]19. Kansas 77

[-1]20. South Florida 69

[+1]21. Ball State 65

[+2]22. Wake Forest 43

[-12]23. Vanderbilt 34

[NR]24. Minnesota 26

[NR]25. Texas Christian University 23

Other Receiving Votes: Tulsa 21, Pitt 10, Western Michigan 8, California-Berkeley 8, Northwestern 6, Connecticut 5, Florida State 3, South Carolina 1, Cincinnati 1

New this week: Minnesota, TCU

Dropped out: Tulsa, Northwestern

btw anyone interested in basketball? Send polls to the same address except let me know what sport you are specifying

I'm down with doing hoops

Me too, any deadline on the first poll for that?

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I'd do football as well.

But we might want to start a new thread though, it would get kind of confusing.

Also how often would do the basketball poll?

one per week, just like Football

A vote for BYU #1? Seriously? I think 95% of the teams currently in the top 25 would beat BYU.

Shun the non-believer! I think you underestimate them my friend. I didn't get my ballot in this week but they would have been in my top 5. Personally I think Penn State is #1.

A vote for BYU #1? Seriously? I think 95% of the teams currently in the top 25 would beat BYU.

That would be me. Call me crazy, but after doing a poll of my own, BYU came out to be number 1

Shun the non-believer! I think you underestimate them my friend. I didn't get my ballot in this week but they would have been in my top 5. Personally I think Penn State is #1.

After seeing what the SEC has done to the Big 10 for the last few years, I can't take the Big 10 seriously, and thus I hope it is a Big12-SEC championship game.

After seeing what the SEC has done to The Ohio State for the last few years, I can't take the Big 10 seriously, and thus I hope it is a Big12-SEC championship game.

There fixed it for you. OSU has given the reason why no one is big on the Big Ten the last few years. I believe there are teams from the Big Ten that would give the Big 12 and the SEC a scare. This year is a down year for the Big Ten, but I think the only legitimate threat would be Penn State. If you gave me Bama or Penn State, i'm taking the Lions.

[+3]1. Texas(4) 242

[--]2. Alabama(3) 240

[+2]3. Penn State(1) 232

[+4]4. Texas Tech 195

[-4]5. Oklahoma 193

[+8]6. Florida 176

[--]7. Brigham Young(1) 174

[+1]8. Southern California 170

[+6]9. Oklahoma State 159

[--]10. Utah(1) 151

[+1]11. Georgia 145

[-9]12. Missouri 143

[--]13. Ohio State 141

[+2]14. Boise State 115

[+5]15. Michigan State 103

[-10]16. Louisiana State 99

[+1]17. Virginia Tech 83

[+5]18. North Carolina 80

[-2]19. Kansas 77

[-1]20. South Florida 69

[+1]21. Ball State 65

[+2]22. Wake Forest 43

[-12]23. Vanderbilt 34

[NR]24. Minnesota 26

[NR]25. Texas Christian University 23

Other Receiving Votes: Tulsa 21, Pitt 10, Western Michigan 8, California-Berkeley 8, Northwestern 6, Connecticut 5, Florida State 3, South Carolina 1, Cincinnati 1

New this week: Minnesota, TCU

Dropped out: Tulsa, Northwestern

Updated for the wins and losses of the week

I can honestly say the top 5 will be unchanged, although, I will say USC could come knocking on the door. There will be a new member to the top 10, and there will be new members to the top 25 next week.

All in all

9 out of the top 10 were either idle or won

14 of the top 25 won

3 were idle

8 lost

Archived