Buffalo Pro Hockey

buffaloprohockey

rozilla - i like #3 the best....would look great on both light and dark sweaters

sterling - your wordmark is perfect.....i was also working with serpentine and had a similar treatment...i guess i can stop, because you nailed it!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling84: This thing took a left turn at good, another left turn at better and when it got close to perfect you made a U-turn back to better.

I think that this is a classic case of over designing a good idea. I find that your earlier version (with the two hoofs in front and making the point of the shield) is much stronger and far more effective. The strong horizontal line below the simplified dust on either side creates a logical place for a type treatment and a four color pallet will prove more useable in the long run.

A few little tweaks and a unique type solution and this thing is ready for prime time.

--

Joe

The Joe Bosack Graphic Design Company Inc.

www.joebosack.com

Sterling...

You've done it my friend! I mean...WOW!!! The BEST yet.

My one quibble is with the version that includes the wordmark. I'd try and figure out some way to have your wordmark follow the contour of the bottom of the shield. Layering it over the bison obscures too much of the "stampeding" action. Just a thought.

Rozilla...

After further review, I would say version # 2.

Brian in Bsoton

Mr. Rozilla,

I love the logo you have done for the Blast. Truly great. I may have an opportunity for you. I am wondering if you could adapt it for my fantasy team. Only the team is in Rochester, New York, and the name is Iron Men.

I can pay you $50.

Alright. Just kidding. An early April Fool's joke I couldn't resist. Even so, these kind of requests are oddly familiar... Anyway, on with the thread.

Ok guys, opinion time. I went back and subbed the silver/grey with the ice blue. I along with some others were concerned about the black/blue being too dark together. As Sterling observed the Caps do a remarkable job of balancing out their color scheme. I have the last version of my logo along side 2 other recolored versions. What do you think works best?

I'm leaning toward option 3. Not too concerned that the possible secondary logo doesn't include black. Maybe that goes on a black jersey to offset it.

I think #2 has the best contrast and depth. The first looks too dark, the third too washed out.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Good luck to everyone on this last night before the deadline! Joe is going to have some tough decisions to make thanks to all of the hard work from the designers and the input from the boards. I will post some samples from my final package when I am finished. I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to better my work and to those who made this a spirited competition. Man this sounds sappy. :cry: This is simply why I enjoy coming to this forum. Looking forward to seeing all of the submissions.

Hey all. I was going to work on those final tweaks and text treatments last night, but I just crashed. Been putting in way too many hours the last two weeks.

I suppose, IF and when one of mine was chosen I'd have to address those issues then.

At any rate, great job to all involved, and by all I mean the critiquers and feedbackers too.

Good luck.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Wow, I must say I've very impressed with all the ideas brought forth on this project. I'm kind of sorry I missed it. I would have loved to throw my hat in the ring with this contest. Maybe next time :) But congratulations to whomever gets selected, you'll truly deserve it.

well guys today is the day. anything submitted after midnight tonight will not be accepted. this has been great working with you all. the winner will be notified by me before next friday. payment will be made before april 5, which is our next press conference. the winner will be invited to participate in the press conference in buffalo. we want to promote all of your work. thanks again guys, and good luck. joe

i'm wondering if i should do something with the space between the 't' and the 'a'...haha t&a....it looks a little odd to me after further inspection...maybe i'm being a little too critical of myself before anyone else posts something......i think filling it with white would look odd, and filling it with black would look odder.........dunno.....maybe it works as is.....maybe not.....i really don't know.

Nope...that looks too much like "Stamrede", which just ain't good.

Maybe a more angular font...when I think of a stampede, I think of force and movement...round edges don't remind me of that.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, I like it. I like the colors, I like the lowercase.

That t to a kern might be an issue.

I'll tell ya though, quite honestly, that the biggest issue is that , as Joe B said, this logo leaves little "instinctive" place to put text in the first place.

On of my pending mods, aside from the lighter brown dust and Sy's chin, is the idea of shifting the viewers persepective a tad. Right now we are above the stampede. We can see the top of the hoof and dust on the ground. I dont want to shift much but just imply a shift by looking level at the hoof and perhaps curving the horizon the other way so text can be nestled up under the logo in a more natural way. Plus this would be a more natural place to fear a stampede...i.e. in its path.

I dont expect you guys to wait for me to accomplish this today, as it may be very close to midnight when it happens.

But , in case you want to further develop this, just hack off the bottom and experiement.

More like this on the bottom.........but everything else current.

ten.jpg

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

well guys today is the day. anything submitted after midnight tonight will not be accepted. this has been great working with you all. the winner will be notified by me before next friday. payment will be made before april 5, which is our next press conference. the winner will be invited to participate in the press conference in buffalo. we want to promote all of your work. thanks again guys, and good luck. joe

Good thing I didn't go forward with my original Blast logo...P-Funk is in town on April 5, and I don't wanna miss that!

Make my funk the P-funk...I want my funk funked up...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Joel, to fix that kerning issue between the T and A, I'd bring it closer together and merge the bottom of the T right into the bottom of the A. Maybe play with a horn-like treatment with the T's crossbar as an option. Just a thought.

As promised, here is a sampling of what I submitted to Joe. I made my final color choice and secondary marks along with a simple application of the logo.

BuffaloBlast8.gif

Thanks again for all of the comments/feedback. I'm pretty happy with the package I came up with. I'll keep checking in to see if I can offer anyone else some insights. Good luck to all.

Archived