Buffalo Pro Hockey

buffaloprohockey

Thanks BinB. I have been playing around with the colors and just posted this version. I'll try to reintroduce the "ice blue" instead of the grey/silver. I was concerned with the darkness as well. Using the black and blue like that reminds me of the Schlitz Bull. Still some time to get the tweaks out.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know, of all the complex issues coming forth in knocking this out........using the Caps color scheme is right up there. I've expressed my fondness for it on many occasions so I'm not griping.

But to go back into Washingtons logos and look closely, they've been executed so carefully with color being used black, bronze, white, blue from most to least on the eagle and bronze, white, black/blue on the building. Even though you might list their colors as blue, bronze, black, white from memory. They were excellent at balancing that, understanding the blue cannot work near the black and letting the unis work the blue for them.

Just great. And now, as I attempt to scale the tones in my fashion...the rules just aren't the same. Tricksy.........Yeeeeeeeeeees.

SO. What did that all mean? Nothing. Just an example of the level of detail that has to be thought about to make these effective. Just think that over, especially on Rozillas, that white and bronze (as well as ice blue) may be your biggest star colors. Its ok to relegate the cobalt (or whatever it is) to a minimal role.

Brian. Dust. I'm all over it. My next version. Will be the one. Guaran-dang-teed.

probably.

Man, overwhelming negative response to the spittle huh? Awesome. Now I have a new challenge. Create a logo where the drool fits. The Rhode Island Rabid Dogs? For the record, I dont think if "works" for this either. But I really like looking at him and his crazy tongue. think it looks cool.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Ok guys, opinion time. I went back and subbed the silver/grey with the ice blue. I along with some others were concerned about the black/blue being too dark together. As Sterling observed the Caps do a remarkable job of balancing out their color scheme. I have the last version of my logo along side 2 other recolored versions. What do you think works best?

BuffaloBlast7.gif

I'm leaning toward option 3. Not too concerned that the possible secondary logo doesn't include black. Maybe that goes on a black jersey to offset it.

Tony,

You amaze me with your designs everytime! Great job!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

OK Playas..........I am done! Maybe not with wordmarks, maybe not with secondaries, and yes.......if one of you makes a brilliant observation of course I will jump back in head first and try it out. But I think this is pretty solid.

I tweaked the dust. I added a impact thingy of dust on the lead guys foot. I added colors: browns, bronzes (Moose colors) to lighten up the design and utilize my staggered tone style. I like it. And unless something changes drastically between now and Friday, this'll probably be my entry for the primary.

Joel mentioned earlier tackling a wordmark with me.....which is awesome. Anybody else wants in, I'm listening.

nineteen.jpg

And with the jersey of course too....

eighteen.jpg

Hey Sterling... I hate to suggest something minor when you're done/close to it, but the bison could use some chin/lower lip definition IMO... not sure I'm huge into the foot impact thing, and I'd have put more dust in... but that's sweet. Ro's work is looking slick too...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hey Sterling... I hate to suggest something minor when you're done/close to it, but the bison could use some chin/lower lip definition IMO... not sure I'm huge into the foot impact thing, and I'd have put more dust in... but that's sweet. Ro's work is looking slick too...

Thats ok Sy. I still appreciate it.

Impact - i like it, but I'll look at it without.

Lower lip - copy that. I'm on it.

More dust - I had more.. ANd......it ended up looking like it was impeding the back guys....like it was something they couldnt get over/past/through. I need some black. POint taken though, thanks.

Here are some various secondary and word applications. I borrowed Ro's notion of using serpentine for the font but kept it simpler cause I have too much busy everywhere else anyway.

twenty.jpg

The guy in the middle is just right IMO... slobbering bison just aren't as intimidating...

Thye might be if they slobber on you!

Any way--I like it better without the tongue hanging out--and the logso and wordmarks above are fantastic...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Aww, snap! That's a great wordmark to go with a great logo. I'd be curious to see what the coloured wordmark would look like on the logo as well.

I love the shield secondary, but I'm not so big on the B with the horn, it looks kindof unfinished and unbalanced.

Terrific work.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sterling thats awesome... but to be honest i dont really like either secondary... i think you should work the "hoof-stomp" into some kind of shoulder patch or maybe i have just been up too long...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

thirteen.jpg

sterling, alough u did a nice job combining the dust and shield ideas, i think this desighn u did better complements the white jersey u desighned a while ago. however, i think that that ur newest desighn would be a close second as to which one will work with the white jersey (which, imo, is the best jersey you have come up with for this buffalo pro hockey contest).

rozilla, im going with number 1, just because i think it will look best when used on a caps jersey.

Archived