Buffalo Pro Hockey

buffaloprohockey

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you not, perhaps, arch the wordmark over the logo itself? Or place it above and oh-so-slightly behind to create the impression that the bison are coming towards you, and are already past the wordmark itself?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Could you not, perhaps, arch the wordmark over the logo itself? Or place it above and oh-so-slightly behind to create the impression that the bison are coming towards you, and are already past the wordmark itself?

That's a nice suggestion. What if you arched the wordmark over the buffaloes to create the top edge of the shield shape in past versions of Sterling's mark?

How about this for a little change of pace?

stampede_wordmark_2.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i'd love to try more treatments, but my heart isn't in it right now....i just found out my car might need a new motor and i barely have enough money to pay my existing bills.....i'm sure that's more info than any of you need.....oh well....sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

[sarcasm] i can't wait to get home to tell my wife. [/sarcasm]

ok, i sucked it up....personal problems aside, i decided i had to finish this out....i think i have it..... presenting #7......i hope someone likes it.

final_stampede_wordmark7.gif

that's it...i know midnight is the deadline.....good luck rozilla, sterling, and everyone else who did something......thanks to joe from buffaloprohockey for bringing this opportunity to the community! it's always a pleasure to work with these amazing designers.

I think this is my final update for this contest.

I've

1) addressed the chin as best I could

2) increased the contrast ever-so-slightly amoung the brown tones

3) plopped a wordmark on the bottom which I guess I wouldnt hate them using on the jersey

4) grayed out the dust so you dont get lost in a sea of brown.

Crossin my fingers.

twentyone.jpg

EDIT: to Joe or whomever else may be reading this at the eleventh hour, I do see now some chinks in the armor. But they are production quality issues from redoing this poor bugger twentyone times. If I'm selected, I'll revectorize it from scratch, center everything and all that good jazz. Good luck all.

RO: Awesome man. Just awesome. If I can't win, I hope you do. We got to watch that thing grow from a thumbnail that kind of resembled Stimpy to a rock solid set. I love it. :notworthy:

-peace

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Sterling and Rozilla-

Great final designs. I enjoy both immensely.

I appreciate teh feedback everyone gave me for my blast designs. I took them all into consideration and tweaked my logo appropriately. I am very pleased with the final produce. Unfortunately, I can't show the final designs because Angelfire doesn't allow remote linkingto images; they shut me down and that's why I can't show.

And as Sterling madea comment to Joe, I thought I'd do the same. Joe- my emails with my submissions get bouced back to me. I don't want to miss the deadline!

Poor me a Guiness! Brillllliant! Excellent final edits and placement of the wordmark Sterling. You've added more oooomph to the stampede. It really jumps out at you. You've also achieved a nice balance with the colors. Just a great effort. I'd also be more than happy to concede to you if yours is picked. :notworthy: I just love how different our concepts are. Especially when you throw in Obiwantok's soldier theme.

And I'm glad I posted the evolution of my mark on the boards and solicited feedback. It helped me step back and show me what I had to do to get to the bar you established from the get go.

Good luck to all and good luck Joe on picking ;)

the wordmark on the last sterling's concept really pullled the entire logo togetehr great work. I personally think that rodzilla and sterling's concepts are both great, both with very different tastes and feel and either one has a great chance of being choosen depending on what the team is looking for.

Doh!

DAMMIT ... I just got my computer back up and running after a peculiar hard drive crash that put me out of commission for the past 5 days. I have about 3 sketches done, that I am yet to put into a digital format and get online. I guess its pretty much too late for that though, its a shame, I really wanted to get these done and in consideration.

Sterling, good job on the updates, I still see some things I don't like in the rendering style, a bit too much detail at certain points, but those are things that I'm sure can certainly be tweaked later. All in all, excellent job, same for you RO, fantastic work, making Blast into a useable concept.

Hopefully, no matter who gets selected out of these, I hope we can then have some time to work on a matching wordmark and other tweaks if neccessary.

DAMN .. I hate to ask for exceptions to the rules, so I won't ... but I think I am going to finish up these sketches anyways and just toss em online for you guys to see.

Here are the designs I sent in yesterday. I went a different route in my design from what some of the others had posted. I tried using Philadelphia Flyers jerseys and colors to make it stand out more, but I guess there more interested in the Capitals colors. There are some outstanding designs, so they should like one of them. Copy and Paste the links.

Buffalo Blast (Flyers Colors)

Buffalo Blast (Capitals Colors)

Archived