YES Network (and more)

Nesi427

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Corrected (with OUTS as well, letsgomets1212):

Also Pitch Speed would come up in the area with the pitch count.

YEScopy.jpg

Here is the batting scenario as well:

YESbatting.jpg

Outstanding. I agree it's SO much better than what YES Network has now. I wouldn't mind with what they've got, but I hate the fact the team abbreviations are squeezed into their locations and skinny as hell. They should've been the same size as their regular font lettering.

Love the at-bat graphics, too... but for some reason, I feel the Derek Jeter nameplate is lost with its size just blending in with the rest of the graphic. Maybe see about making his name slightly bigger (maybe the same as that #2 in the lower left corner).

I like your YES Network concept very much -- superior use of space.

However, the use of partial team logos in the box is a terrible idea. MASN has been using that style on Nats games this year, and while it looks kind of cool the first time you see it, it really doesn't stand up. Think about it: Who will recognize a team on the basis of a partial logo, like that Red Sox one you have there, which in this case isn't even the team's actual logo? Answer: Only people who don't need to be told which teams are playing anyway, because either they're such devoted fans that they already know who's playing today or they can recognize all the teams in the league at a glance.

This style adds color, yes, but it actually reduces the information available to the viewer. Rather than saying "this is who is playing today," as the old "NYY" and "BOS" would have, this new style says, "these are the logos of the teams that are playing today." A subtle, but critical, reduction in direct utility of the box. The casual fan, tuning in, is going to have to stare at the box for a moment or two to puzzle out who's playing, or worse wait for the announcers to mention a name or two that can be recognized.

But that aside, this is a generally excellent design for the box. The Mets design is a bit too busy, but ease up on the interior angles just a bit and you'd have another better-than-what-they're-actually-using concept with it.

20082614447.png

The YES Network score bar looks too much like the current NESN one for my liking. I doubt highly a Yankees network would want anything to do with its Red Sox counterpart.

The SNY one, on the other hand, is sharp. I like it a lot.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The YES Network score bar looks too much like the current NESN one for my liking. I doubt highly a Yankees network would want anything to do with its Red Sox counterpart.

The SNY one, on the other hand, is sharp. I like it a lot.

This YES concept and NESN look nothing alike...google it and check it again.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

these are god. this is kind of what i do for a job.

im doing the champions league hockey stuff and the victoria cup rangers vs metallurg at the moment.

in reality all of these would have to sit within a 4:3 safe box .the area of the screen which all televisions will

display. 16:9 widescreen and old 4:3 tvs. youd be surprised how small this area actually is.

im doing the champions league hockey stuff and the victoria cup rangers vs metallurg at the moment.

in reality all of these would have to sit within a 4:3 safe box .the area of the screen which all televisions will

display. 16:9 widescreen and old 4:3 tvs. youd be surprised how small this area actually is.

I realized this and I made sure that I attempted to do this. While it may not be exact, none of the graphics should go outside of the 4:3. What software do you use for this in the 'real' world?

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I realized this and I made sure that I attempted to do this. While it may not be exact, none of the graphics should go outside of the 4:3. What software do you use for this in the 'real' world?

the 4:3 area on a PAL screen is only about 645x510. dont know what that equates to in NTSC. 537x425 or something like that? we use adobe after effects and things like illustrator to draw it all up.

However, the use of partial team logos in the box is a terrible idea. MASN has been using that style on Nats games this year, and while it looks kind of cool the first time you see it, it really doesn't stand up. Think about it: Who will recognize a team on the basis of a partial logo, like that Red Sox one you have there, which in this case isn't even the team's actual logo? Answer: Only people who don't need to be told which teams are playing anyway, because either they're such devoted fans that they already know who's playing today or they can recognize all the teams in the league at a glance.

This style adds color, yes, but it actually reduces the information available to the viewer. Rather than saying "this is who is playing today," as the old "NYY" and "BOS" would have, this new style says, "these are the logos of the teams that are playing today." A subtle, but critical, reduction in direct utility of the box. The casual fan, tuning in, is going to have to stare at the box for a moment or two to puzzle out who's playing, or worse wait for the announcers to mention a name or two that can be recognized.

I like they way NESN handles that...when coming back from a commercial break, the graphic in the team box is just the team's logo. It remains for a few seconds then fades into the printed team abbrevation.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i've been wondering, being new to all of this stuff; how do you get the sig to show up? i can't seem to figure it out!

first host the image you'd like to have in your sig (photobucket.com works)

or type the text you want there, etc.

then go to my controls

then to "edit signature": on the lefthand-side column

paste the %7Boption%7D link in the box

then click "update my signature"

and it should work

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived