Overhaulin' the Bills

Blitz

Da Bills have been my team for as long as I can remember.... Wanted to try an update on the logo(s), while doing the opposite to the set.... brought back the royal blue, diched the navy & neon.... looking for some thoughts on these....

BILLSNEWset.jpg

Thanx to "Milton" for pinning the temps.....

canada.png

The primary logo looks nice; however, the secondary logo, wordmark, and uniforms are nowhere close to the primary. For the uniforms, try getting all the blues to be the same.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Thanks for the input so far. Honestly... I hate doin' uni's & wordmarks, and I should have left em off - just did 'em so nobody asked "are there sets?". My focus was mainly on the primary, and I thought I had something there with the alt, maybe not though.

canada.png

one too many blues on the logo. reduce it to two so the overall colors are 4 instead of 5.

Does the white count as a color? I'll try that but I think it's going to screw the contrast & DP..... cheers though....

(BTW Arsenal has 5 colors (if white counts) & their logo is fantastic....J/K)

canada.png

one too many blues on the logo. reduce it to two so the overall colors are 4 instead of 5.

Does the white count as a color? I'll try that but I think it's going to screw the contrast & DP..... cheers though....

(BTW Arsenal has 5 colors (if white counts) & their logo is fantastic....J/K)

I'd leave one with the extra colors as a "print" logo (logo with the shading detail), and one with out the extra shaded blues/reds for reproduction purposes and for use on jerseys (possibly helmet, too.)

Hey man I think you did an excellent job on the primary and secondary logos. I think the jerseys could use some work, maybe download the NFL number fonts and try some of those out. But I liked the logo so much I did a quick clean up for ya, I hope you don't mind.

buffalo.png

Hey man I think you did an excellent job on the primary and secondary logos. I think the jerseys could use some work, maybe download the NFL number fonts and try some of those out. But I liked the logo so much I did a quick clean up for ya, I hope you don't mind.

buffalo.png

Cheers TL, much obliged.....

canada.png

I am not crazy about the Sabre's snot smear being used as the head of this bison. If you could draw your own bison head on there, I think it would make it alot better.

That's not the buffaslug head. See:

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.gif

It appears to be the head from the Bills' proposed secondary in 2002 with this set. Although similar to the buffaslug head, it's noticeably not the same. Wouldn't matter, the Bills' unused secondary was made about 5 years or so before the introduction of said snot smear.

EDIT: After further review, the forehead portion above the eyes is very similar. But still different enough (in my opinion). Plus used far more superiorly than the Sabres.

Also, here's my little color variations, taking away the shading. The first is the darker royal you used AS the shading. The second is a slightly darker royal:

buffalo2.png

buffalo3.png

BTW, you did a kick @$$ job on that logo. Many props. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived