Team's white jersey that look better than their dark jersey

DallasSports

I'd have to say LSU, if only because the purple/gold/purple shoulder stripes on the white jerseys stand out much better than the gold/white/gold stripes on the purple ones (which look like one solid stripe from a distance). I've heard that there was a gold jersey occasionally worn way back when (probably in the late '50s), that had purple/white/purple shoulder stripes. Would like to see a photo of that.

Never heard of a gold jersey in the 50s, but LSU wore gold jerseys at home against Vanderbilt in 1996:

alanstansberry201.jpg

and wore gold jerseys (with white helmets) in the 1997 Independence Bowl against Notre Dame:

Rondell-Mealey.gif

Neither, however, featured the shoulder stripes.

Re: in general white looking better than dark, just about ALL of my favorite teams: Georgia Tech, LSU, New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Hornets-- look better in their white jerseys. In fact, in the NBA and MLB, most teams look better in white, while in the NFL and NHL, most teams look better in dark. I don't know why, it just is that way for me....

It is what it is.

I'd have to say LSU, if only because the purple/gold/purple shoulder stripes on the white jerseys stand out much better than the gold/white/gold stripes on the purple ones (which look like one solid stripe from a distance). I've heard that there was a gold jersey occasionally worn way back when (probably in the late '50s), that had purple/white/purple shoulder stripes. Would like to see a photo of that.

Never heard of a gold jersey in the 50s, but LSU wore gold jerseys at home against Vanderbilt in 1996:

alanstansberry201.jpg

and wore gold jerseys (with white helmets) in the 1997 Independence Bowl against Notre Dame:

Rondell-Mealey.gif

Neither, however, featured the shoulder stripes.

Re: in general white looking better than dark, just about ALL of my favorite teams: Georgia Tech, LSU, New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Hornets-- look better in their white jerseys. In fact, in the NBA and MLB, most teams look better in white, while in the NFL and NHL, most teams look better in dark. I don't know why, it just is that way for me....

they wore a different gold jersey against Florida. I'm not sure if that was the same year. I know it was all in the jerry dinardo era. lsu.jpg

2623arr.jpg

I like the Chargers white a lot better than thier navy, but the powder blue beats both :)

GYI0050901830102823_1024x768.jpg

Blue

340x-3.jpg

White

The only reason I like those darks better than the whites is because the pants and socks are contrasting colors, which looks way better than the "leotard" look.

Anyone else think a monochrome white set would look sickkk!?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like the Chargers white a lot better than thier navy, but the powder blue beats both :)

GYI0050901830102823_1024x768.jpg

Blue

340x-3.jpg

White

The only reason I like those darks better than the whites is because the pants and socks are contrasting colors, which looks way better than the "leotard" look.

Anyone else think a monochrome white set would look sickkk!?

Yeah if they had a white monochrome set that would be awesome!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived