Music from NFL Films

BlueSky

Don't recall seeing a thread on this before. I've always been a big fan of the Music from NFL Films. My favorite track is The Pony Soldiers. What's yours?

One note...I think at least some of these songs were 'inspired' by known songs, for example, Waltz of the Goliaths sure sounds a lot like the battle theme from Gladiator, which coincidentally was released a year or so before Goliaths.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't know if I can name a favorite, but I got the 8 or 10 disc set from the library and I was impressed. I had only known of the songs that were on madden, but once I listened to it I liked about half of them. I thought they would sound the same after a while. There were three or four that stuck out but I can't think of them off of the top of my head.

Don't recall seeing a thread on this before. I've always been a big fan of the Music from NFL Films. My favorite track is The Pony Soldiers. What's yours?

One note...I think at least some of these songs were 'inspired' by known songs, for example, Waltz of the Goliaths sure sounds a lot like the battle theme from Gladiator, which coincidentally was released a year or so before Goliaths.

That happens a lot with production music. If you go back to The Power and The Glory CD you'll find a song that sounds like it was lifted straight from the soundtrack to the original Planet of The Apes. On topic, I really like the beginning of "A New Game."

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Yeah, my friend had a copy of "The Power and the Glory". The voice of John Facenda and the music of Sam Spence. Great stuff.

I've always been partial to Peter Gunn-ish "The Lineman" and the jazzy sounds of "Ramblin' Man from Grambling"

It is what it is.

I can't pick a favorite...although "The Equalizer" is in my mind the quintessential NFL Films score.

"Magnificent Eleven"..."The Raiders"..."The Game that Got Away"..."Golden Boy"..."High Black Shoes"...all some of my favorites.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Maybe someone can help me out....what's the name of that oft-used song in sports, where it has what sounds like wind chimes or church bells in the beginning of the song?

You might be thinking of the one I mentioned. It's called "A New Game" and everyone uses it for things like third down stops etc. You can check it out here.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Maybe someone can help me out....what's the name of that oft-used song in sports, where it has what sounds like wind chimes or church bells in the beginning of the song?

You might be thinking of the one I mentioned. It's called "A New Game" and everyone uses it for things like third down stops etc. You can check it out here.

Absolutely love 'A New Game'. Nothing says old-school, hit 'em in the mouth, uniforms covered in mud, win at all costs football like that song.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, my friend had a copy of "The Power and the Glory". The voice of John Facenda and the music of Sam Spence. Great stuff.

I've always been partial to Peter Gunn-ish "The Lineman" and the jazzy sounds of "Ramblin' Man from Grambling"

Ramblin Man from Grambling and Roundup are definitely two of my favorites.

I always turn off the contemporary music on Madden and turn on the NFL Films music (and remixes). That's just perfect football music.

dude i can't pick one everyone defines football and gives me chills just to hear it. The Equalizer, Pony Soliders, Ramblin' man from gramblin, any sam spence piece. I think he did the NFL Primetime highlight music too which are great also

moss_moon.gif

When I think NFL Films, I think of only one thing, "The Autumn Wind is a Raider..." I used it for a type piece in a class. That is a great poem and the music that goes with it awesome. And this is coming from someone who hates the Raiders. That peome as read by John Facenda is a classic.

When I think NFL Films, I think of only one thing, "The Autumn Wind is a Raider..." I used it for a type piece in a class. That is a great poem and the music that goes with it awesome. And this is coming from someone who hates the Raiders. That peome as read by John Facenda is a classic.

The autumn wind is a pirate

Blustering in from sea

With a rollicking song he sweeps along

swaggering boisterously

His face is weather beaten

He wears a hooded sash

With his silver hat about his head

And a bristly black mustache

He growls as he storms the country

A villain big and bold

And the trees all shake and quiver and quake

As he robs them of their gold