Virginia Tech wore throwbacks with current helmets vs FSU

Geoff

Garvin_can_Fly.jpg

Taylor_goes_out.jpg

Anyone know why?

I know when they unveiled the throbacks we all agreed how good they would look with the current helmet. They did look good but they looked even better losing. :)

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

So the players requested that? Wow, I was wondering why they kept on wearing them...Smart dudes over there at VT. :)

Might as well make a maroon jersey and make a set out of it. It'd be a big upgrade over what they already have.

Rumor mill going around here is that they are going to make a home version of it for next year and that will be the new set. The throwback merchandise sales at the Tech Bookstore and all around Tech country is exceeding what they expected when they revealed the jersey set and throwback logo. I really hope this is the case, the majority of Tech fans i have spoken with hate the new design.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

I really don't understand all the love for this. It's just LSU in maroon and orange. I prefer the new set a lot more.

LSU doesn't wear white pants, and there's a small white stripe in their pants stripes, instead of just 3 solid stripes on VT. They're pretty different.

I really don't understand all the love for this. It's just LSU in maroon and orange. I prefer the new set a lot more.

It's not like LSU owns this style--plenty of teams, past and present, have used similar uniforms.

And compared to the crap most teams wear, it's also a superior style. I'll take the VT throwbacks over the needless, senseless, mindless random piping that seems to be the rage.

Okay. Let's stop this bickering over who they look like and what other teams wear the stripes. They are UCLA stripes, always have been, always will be! There I said it. Now can we move along? There's nothing to see hear anymore. Disperse to your homes and feed your hungry kids. :P

Doesn't every jersey copy another jersey? Really, aren't there like only 10 out there that are copied many times? Sometimes colors is all it takes to make a world of difference.

P.S. The FSU uniform is amazing!

For the most part, there are many similarities nowadays in jersey styles. Naturally you will always have teams in which they are the only ones wearing a certain style, i.e. Oregon. Also, I believe the template Mizzou currently uses is only also being used by Wake Forest, only the jerseys though, they have different pants.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived