chestnutz redesigns the NFL

chestnutz

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I got struck by an idea to update my old Jets concept, so here we go again...

Colors: I got a bit of negative comments last time for using too dark of colors. So a while ago I decided to try this incorporating a little darker green and a silver. I think it turned out nicely.

Logos: I updated the primary logo, which I received praise for last time, with the new colors. I got rid of the J monogram and kept just a NY logo. I also added another alternate logo inspired by the old Jets wordmark Jet kinda thing, which I incorporated into the jerseys last go round. Added some silver accents into it.

NY-Jets-logos-21.png

Uniforms: I used the alternate logo I made for this update a lot here. I kept the same type of sleeve stripe treatment as last time. The jet is always on a green background. Nothin' more to say here. People said the primary logo was too detailed to put on the helmet, so I opted for the jet stream kinda thing.

NY-Jets-homes-21.png

NY-Jets-away-21.png

I'll probably put this on the action templates once I finalize these.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Alright, I got struck by an idea to update my old Jets concept, so here we go again...

Colors: I got a bit of negative comments last time for using too dark of colors. So a while ago I decided to try this incorporating a little darker green and a silver. I think it turned out nicely.

Logos: I updated the primary logo, which I received praise for last time, with the new colors. I got rid of the J monogram and kept just a NY logo. I also added another alternate logo inspired by the old Jets wordmark Jet kinda thing, which I incorporated into the jerseys last go round. Added some silver accents into it.

NY-Jets-logos-21.png

Uniforms: I used the alternate logo I made for this update a lot here. I kept the same type of sleeve stripe treatment as last time. The jet is always on a green background. Nothin' more to say here. People said the primary logo was too detailed to put on the helmet, so I opted for the jet stream kinda thing.

NY-Jets-homes-21.png

NY-Jets-away-21.png

I'll probably put this on the action templates once I finalize these.

I like the silver a lot better! this concept is great!

brandonjbrown

reds.png

brandon11.png1975Reds.png

Really nice, man! You're work has been looking great recently. The jets uniforms looks awesome, I love the helmets, simple and classy. It remind me of tempest's Jets concept from a while ago. I'm not sure I like the pants, the white version especially. I don't think it's a good image to have the jet nose diving straight down into the turf ;) . Did you try white sleeves on the green jersey?

I'm catching a real big "FSU meets Michigan State" vibe off this here...

...That being said, I don't not like it. I do like the idea of using the "jetstream" as detail, however.

At the present moment, I really can't come up with any suggestions/critiques other than what's above. (Sorry bout that, cat.) I will say that this one > your previous attempt, however. And by a good margin.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Concept #9: Buffalo Bills

The choke artists are my hometown team, sort of. I'm not from Buffalo, but I have lived in Rochester (hour and a half drive) my entire life, and everyone here is a Bills fan, all the news are about the Bills, etc., so the Bills have some significance to me, even though I despise them (go Eagles)

You guys guessed right in that I was dropping the navy and keeping royal blue. I think the royal blue and red just looks so damn good on the Bills, they pull it off so well in their throwbacks, no doubt it's one of the most beauitful throwbacks in the league. It's a shame you can't say the same about their regular s*** set.

So I set out to change that...

Logo: Their current logo isn't bad at all, but I didn't want to cop-out and not change anything about it. So I changed the buffalo on the primary logo to white with a blue outline. I doubt most of you will like it, but I feel it adds some freshness into the Bills' logo set. I also made a red alternate logo for use on the helmet, which I'll get to later. Honestly I couldn't think of anything solid enough to be an alternate logo. The wordmark is simple, italicized to go with the sash in the logo to convey motion, and a block number set.

Bills-logos-11.png

Uniforms: Obviously I was influenced by their great throwback uniforms. I didn't want to just copy the throwback uniforms though, that's been done several times on the boards here. I love their white helmet, so I went back to that, and to contrast the logo further I used the red alternate one instead of the primary white one. The striping on the helmet and pants is a simple 3-color pattern. For the jersey striping I went with the same color pattern, but instead of them being the traditional, straight stripes, I developed them to look like the motion-stripe in the logo, gradually going from small on the front of the jersey, to large on the back.

I also made a red alternate jersey, which somewhat looks like the old Patriots uniforms, but I didn't see it as that big of a problem :P

Bills-home-uniforms-11.png

Bills-away-uniforms-11.png

Action: And the sets in action, modeled by DE Aaron Schobel, QB Trent Edwards, and HB Marshawn Lynch.

Bills-action-11.png

So, tell me what you think!

These are a major improvement from the uniforms now. I really like how the design is more like the 90's uniforms than the new ones.

e5jlhh.jpg

• 1 month later...

chestnutz,

that jets concept is A+ very proffesional and creative, the logo is beautiful and the helmet stripes are orginal and work. I was hoping you'd sneak a red monochrome on the falcons update, but that jersey set was solid too.

Your logos and color scheme for the Titans are absolutely fantastic. The uniforms, I think, can still be a little bit better though. The main reason for this is because I don't think there is enough red. Maybe add a red outline to the shoulder yolk, or make the stars on the helmet red, or something. I would also like to see a blue jersey with a red shoulder yolk. Overall, however, I do like this better than what they have now, good job.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Flip the stars as they should be (in a 'V' pattern and not an 'A'), and you may have something here.

Really, it's not even a V. It's like taking the V shape and then rotating it to the right (clockwise) about 15 degrees or so.

That aside though, I really dig the helmet. It's a great look: throwback-ish, but not losing touch with modernity. I also like the colors simply because they harken back to the Oilers.

The shoulder yolk looks a little weird, following the cut of the jersey like it does. Why not keep the yolk the way it is now and have it just go across the top of the shoulders and down the sleeves?

I like the colors, but they are the Oilers colors. I have to say, I don't really like the shoulder yoke either. It's a really strange-looking shape. I think it should be a different color once it's redesigned too, because when it's white players might confuse it with the away team's uniform. I think it would look good if it were navy. I like the helmets, too. Overall, I like the general direction but I think it needs more navy even if it's just a trim color.

Archived