Thanksgiving Day Football

jake22

Potential Tennessee options for the Oilers:

101397george_358x450.jpg

Am I the only one who like really misses those old Bengals duds?

You have LOTS of company.

Yeah. I don't mind the all blacks (I know that's kind of not the popular sentiment here), but I miss the old Wyche era threads...

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the looks of it, the Lions are in fact rockin' those 1950s throwbacks of theirs for Thanksgiving Day.

IMO, they'll probably play as good as they look today. (Yeah, not a fan of the unis.)

6uXNWAo.png

It's "Play 60" - the NFL's token initiative directed at children to "Get off your ass and do something, Tubbo!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's "Play 60" - the NFL's token initiative directed at children to "Get off your ass and do something, Tubbo!"

You know, it wouldn't be a bad idea to aim the Play 60 program to some of us male adults as well... :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

You know, it wouldn't be a bad idea to aim the Play 60 program to some of us male adults as well... :rolleyes:

Or towards the Lions themselves...

They havn't played a full 60 all season...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Post of the Day?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Post of the Day?

Agreed, I said the same thing about the Lions to me Dad earlier as well.

Your arrogance is astounding, especially when taking into account your complete lack of any kind of knowledge about the subjects you talk about. This is a bad pattern with you, as it has showed up in almost every thread you've been a part of

Nice comeback, Sparky.

Here is some knowledge for you. The Baltimore Ravens FRANCHISE used to be the Cleveland Browns. If the New York Titans (who were a complete joke of a team) can be used as "throwemback uniforms" for the Jets FRANCHISE, then why not the Ravens using some of those old, tired Browns threads for a throwback classic game? And, yes, I know the Browns new franchise got to get "its" history and colors back. But, we all know the real deal.

The Browns, even though they pretend to own their history now, are a expansion FRANCHISE. Without the NFL building its stadium for them and picking Al Lerner to own the team, there is no Browns football team anymore. They would be just a footnote in NFL history, just like the St. Louis Cardinals and the Los Angelas Raiders.

The "real deal" is this. Officially, The NFL determined that The Browns history and colors would stay in Cleveland when Modell moved his franchise to Baltimore. The Browns franchise was not gone. It was simply dormant. The rest is just your asinine opinion.

Well I happen to agree with his opinion. The NFL can spin it all they want, but legal technicalities aside, the lineage (this guy played with this guy, who played with this guy, who... etc.) traces back to the start of the Browns franchise.

I understand the whole "dormant" thing, and how the Ravens are technically an expansion team, but that still doesn't change what actually happened. If I changed my name, would I be considered a new born, and turn one (instead of 32) next year?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would have liked to have seen these aside from Detroit going retro already. If not for any other game during the year, I think the NFL should mandate retro uni's for Thanksgiving.

ThanksgivingThrowback20083.jpg

ThanksgivingThrowback20082.jpg

ThanksgivingThrowback2008.jpg

Bigdub, you've addressed the sleeveless issue of todays jerseys by appropriately eliminating the beautiful stripes of yesteryear (except Seattle). Well done. Why bother with the stripes when there is no room for stripes?

These all look superior to the contemporary looks of each team. Clean, distinctive football uniforms which honor the past in a modern context.

Bigdub, you've addressed the sleeveless issue of todays jerseys by appropriately eliminating the beautiful stripes of yesteryear (except Seattle). Well done. Why bother with the stripes when there is no room for stripes?

These all look superior to the contemporary looks of each team. Clean, distinctive football uniforms which honor the past in a modern context.

I picked the uniforms for Seattle and Tennessee because these are the one's that you'd never see. Everyone favors the Seahawks with the wrap-around logo on the sleeve and the Houston Oilers of the Campbell / Moon era. Show me the originals! Let me see a powder blue Oilers helmet and some striped Seahawks which I had no choice but to put on the sleeves since the team has had it since it's inception into the league. Detroit fails at it's throwback attempt by using a black facemask. I wouldn't be suprised if they just strip the regualr helmets of the decals and say go lose! Dallas, on the other hand has a improper pattern based on the teams original design. Everything else is good except for the sleeve yoke which I corrected.

I would have liked to have seen these aside from Detroit going retro already. If not for any other game during the year, I think the NFL should mandate retro uni's for Thanksgiving.

ThanksgivingThrowback20083.jpg

ThanksgivingThrowback20082.jpg

ThanksgivingThrowback2008.jpg

You tease me, bigdub...those are what they SHOULD have worn yesterday, especially in light of the fact that all three games pretty much...well, sucked.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Detroit will surely play an NFC team and Dallas will go AFC, just so CBS and Fox switch it up.

Other than division games, the Lions play Arizona, St. Louis, and an whoever finished last in the NFC East. Dallas plays the Raiders and the Chargers at home.

Right now, I'd suggest it'll be Dallas v. San Diego and Detroit v. an NFC North Opponent other than the Packers.

Archived