Metrodome Final Season (MN Twins)

TwinsTerritory

The Twins would be wise to drop the pinstripes completely in '10 - whether they go to a throwback set, or an entirely new one all together.

I talked to the Twins' President, Dave St. Peter, before the start of last season, and asked about plans for any changes with the new stadium. He said at the time there were no such plans, as they feel the look they have is becoming a classic. Not the answer I was hoping for.

I understand his argument, I just don't agree with it. There is nothing overly bad about the current set (except for the road pinstripes), they are just the epitome of "meh".

I agree. Honestly, I'm torn on this issue. Fundamentally, the Twins uniforms are just fine, if unremarkable. There are no obvious reasons to change them. But in my heard I'd love to see a quasi-vintage set to roll out the new stadium -- something akin to the throwbacks they're wearing this year.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As is usually the case, the uniform looks much better on the players than in the rendering. Loving the neck trim. Why don't more teams use it? It gives a more modern look without being obnoxious. I still don't like the script (it's just sloppy looking), but the rest of the uni is a winner...and that 'dome patch looks great. (Is that a Radom creation?)

Simon did it.

The Twins would be wise to drop the pinstripes completely in '10 - whether they go to a throwback set, or an entirely new one all together.

I talked to the Twins' President, Dave St. Peter, before the start of last season, and asked about plans for any changes with the new stadium. He said at the time there were no such plans, as they feel the look they have is becoming a classic. Not the answer I was hoping for.

I understand his argument, I just don't agree with it. There is nothing overly bad about the current set (except for the road pinstripes), they are just the epitome of "meh".

I have a love/hate feeling towards the unis. I feel that they are "fine" and can last a long time, then I feel that they are "just fine" and they can use something different to keep it fresh. I'm not proposing complete overhaul. Also, count me in as one of the few that like the road pinstripes. I feel the Twins have one of the nicest looking road unis. I prefer them to the homes.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'm with you there, Wilson. The road pins are cool.

The newer Twins wordmark isn't exactly fantastic, but the old one is just terrible.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm just not feeling the new uni's. The jersey reminds me a little too much of the Indians, and the hats are very similar to the Reds IMO. Not to say they're bad (well, except maybe the wordmark; maybe it's the picture angle, but something doesn't seem right about it), but they don't really "pop out" at me.

These are based on the uniforms from my first few years of fandom. These do skip a couple of the negatives (elastic waist and pullover), but I still don't like 'em. They scream '70s/80s anti-tradition to me. I don't mind the occasional wearing of these for this reason, but after that, I hope they are done. Maybe they should alternate-white on even saturdays and powder (with the blue hats) on odd.

I guess you can add me to the list of people that are ambivalent about the current set. No reason to totally blast 'em, but no way to rank them among the elite.

Here's what I'd like for 2010:

Cap: NO red. I'd like an update of the TC that addresses the red/blue contrast issue that BallWonk points out (I never noticed before, but after he pointed it out I cannot help but notice. Thanks. :) ). Maybe a red TC outlined in white. It would be as visible as the "M", but hopefully as cool as the TC. If that cannot work, then get an "M" without an underline. If they are to go backwards, go all the way back to the 1960s and copy that uniform. I like everything about the old wordmark except for the "T". Redo the T, use the old wordmark and put pinstripes on. Get the current road uni with no pinstripes.

But if they keep the essence of the current look, that's just fine by me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

the red hat is awsome, twins should wear it more . the all white jersey looks good too, i think it should be added to the jerseys they wear all the time...maybe like a friday night throwback night like the brewers do or something? the dark blue jerseys look great too, especially the road, and i think the dark pinstripe roads look kinda dreary.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

the red hat is awsome, twins should wear it more . the all white jersey looks good too, i think it should be added to the jerseys they wear all the time...maybe like a friday night throwback night like the brewers do or something? the dark blue jerseys look great too, especially the road, and i think the dark pinstripe roads look kinda dreary.

They will be wearing these opening night and every saturday home game. I love these and think they look good. I also love the road pinstripes. Go Twins. Never change. that's it. now i'm done. okay. bye. alright. yep. bye.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

1189.gif

1195.gif

As a long, long time Twins fan, who has witnessed all kinds of baseball--great and horrible--in every uniform, I, of course, appreciate that they won the titles in their current set. But the wordmark has never appealed to me. It looks clunky, computerized, cold, blunt, dated. Some people find the original cursive wordmark imperfect, with its hand-drawn quality---which is precisley why I prefer it.

Oh, and they say that they might make some changes to their uniforms for the 2010 season. It doesn't sound like anything major like and overhaul though.

If there was overwhelming public support or demand to go to the throwbacks fulltime, would managment/ownership listen?

metslogo_215.gif

Oh, and they say that they might make some changes to their uniforms for the 2010 season. It doesn't sound like anything major like and overhaul though.

That's excellent news. The Twins uniform set is just good enough that any major overhaul is statistically likely to be a downgrade. But they definitely need some fine-tuning. The TC logo is not integrated into the uniform well enough, plus the contrast issues. There are way too many alternate elements (the Twinkies now have 19 possible uniform combinations without violating any fundamental home/road uniform rules, which is beyond ludicrous), the vest blows, and the blue alternate jerseys are the wrong shade of blue. If the Twins could tweak their way back to a simpler uniform set with fewer alts, matching fabric colors, and a TC logo that somehow integrates with the '86 redesign, they'd be golden.

20082614447.png

Add me to those in favor of road pinstripes. It's not for every team, but a couple? Definitely.

As for the Twins' current script, I like it. I got my MLB holiday catalog yesterday (nothing new, sadly) and when you see a lot of the scripts with tails under them side by side, you appreciate the Twins' take on the idea more. Nothing wrong with being different, plus there's the added bonus of the oft-mentioned "win" underline. It's a good set. They should only tweak it, not overhaul it next year.

Archived