Metrodome Final Season (MN Twins)

TwinsTerritory

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already covered here, but IMO each of these unveilings deserves its own thread - these huge cover-all treads are really annoying.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Agreed. 40-50 pages for at most five unveilings -- that's a lot of nothing to have to sift through. I've missed a lot of stuff that I come here for because it gets buried too fast.The recent thread veered off-topic and the Twins stuff got lost.

I'm sure there was a good reason to do it (NHL Edge?), but there are Rams, Vikings and Titans throwbacks threads going and we're surviving.

I'll second the motion to reconsider that policy... Not that I presume to have any influence at all.

At the very least could the person who creates the "official" thread be responsible for updating the first post with new stuff?

I like the unis a lot. They look like baseball to me, if that makes sense. I guess it's because they remind me of hometown's American Legion team and I mean that as a tremendous compliment.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Twins would be wise to drop the pinstripes completely in '10 - whether they go to a throwback set, or an entirely new one all together.

The Twins would be wise to drop the pinstripes completely in '10 - whether they go to a throwback set, or an entirely new one all together.

I talked to the Twins' President, Dave St. Peter, before the start of last season, and asked about plans for any changes with the new stadium. He said at the time there were no such plans, as they feel the look they have is becoming a classic. Not the answer I was hoping for.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I talked to the Twins' President, Dave St. Peter, before the start of last season, and asked about plans for any changes with the new stadium. He said at the time there were no such plans, as they feel the look they have is becoming a classic. Not the answer I was hoping for.

Well, they did win 2 championships in them, and have worn them for 22 seasons, so I have to agree with St. Peter here. There's something cool about Morneau and Mauer wearing the same uniform as Puckett, Viola, and Hrbek. (Different caps noted)

As is usually the case, the uniform looks much better on the players than in the rendering. Loving the neck trim. Why don't more teams use it? It gives a more modern look without being obnoxious. I still don't like the script (it's just sloppy looking), but the rest of the uni is a winner...and that 'dome patch looks great. (Is that a Radom creation?)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well, they did win 2 championships in them, and have worn them for 22 seasons, so I have to agree with St. Peter here. There's something cool about Morneau and Mauer wearing the same uniform as Puckett, Viola, and Hrbek. (Different caps noted)

Those jerseys AND hats are a huge improvements over what they have been wearing for 22 years.

I like these a lot more than I thought I would. The reduction in size of the sleeve stripes makes them look very sharp, even if it isn't true to the original.

My only wish (and one that I doubt will come true) -- that they put a TC logo on the stirrups and require the players to show the logo, as was the team rule back in the early-mid 80s.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I understand his argument, I just don't agree with it. There is nothing overly bad about the current set (except for the road pinstripes), they are just the epitome of "meh".

I'm a big fan of Twins TV announcer Dick Bremer (the guy interviewing Justin Morneau in the first pic). One of the best in the biz, IMHO. But that's one awful tie he's wearing, patriotic or not. :P

Oh ... the new unis look okay. There, I stayed on topic.

Archived