Spelling Signatures

buckeyes

What's the best way to change the colors? I don't have PS or AI. I have Inkscape, Irfanview, and Paint.

Yeah, that's what I was going to ask. I have PS elements (that's it) but I can get inkscape (even though i don't know how to use it).

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the best way to change the colors? I don't have PS or AI. I have Inkscape, Irfanview, and Paint.

What I do in Paint is:

1) Copy and paste the logo into Paint.

2) Go to "save as" and save it as a 16-bit color logo.

3) Use the fill-bucket to get rid of the extra color by alternatively switching between the primary color and the color you want to get rid of (kinda hard to explain, but I think you can figure it out, if not I'll post some examples)

4) Copy/Paste the logo into a new document

5) Color in the logo with your choice of colors

6) Since it is in .bmp format it will not be anti-aliased, so you have one of two options -- A. VectorMagic -or- B. Reducing the image size in Word (or a photo editing program if you have one) and that should enable some anti-aliasing.

I know it's long and strenuous, but it does work. Hope I helped some.

Also, I will try and knock out some (if not all) requests after school tomorrow.

What I do in Paint is:

3) Use the fill-bucket to get rid of the extra color by alternatively switching between the primary color and the color you want to get rid of (kinda hard to explain, but I think you can figure it out, if not I'll post some examples)

6) Since it is in .bmp format it will not be anti-aliased, so you have one of two options -- A. VectorMagic -or- B. Reducing the image size in Word (or a photo editing program if you have one) and that should enable some anti-aliasing.

Also, I will try and knock out some (if not all) requests after school tomorrow.

I use paint and i don't understand part 3, if you could post an example or pm me that would be great thanks!

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

What I do in Paint is:

I use paint and i don't understand part 3, if you could post an example or pm me that would be great thanks!

Okay, so by this point you have your logo saved as a 16 Color Bitmat image.

ramslogo.png

You'll notice that there is the main part of the logo, and then extra color along the edge. (The grey on the blue, for the sake of this explination).

ramslogo2.png

Now what you're going to do is select the color that you want the logo to be (for now at least, when you're done with this whole process you may change the colors to whatever you want them to be) by using the "Pick Color" tool and right clicking. Chose the color you want to get out of the logo by using the "Pick Color" tool and just normally clicking.

ramslogo3.png

By right clicking the field in which you want the extra color out of you will change the color to that color that you want to get rid of.

ramslogo4.png

Left clicking again will change it back to the basic color, thus eliminating the extra.

ramslogo5.png

You will have to continue doing this with different parts of the logo until you get the entire thing done and it looks something like this when you zoom in:

ramslogo6.png

NOTE: You may have to change the color of some fields to a color not currently in use, therefore you may freely change colors without overlapping and changing two parts of the logo into one color.

By right clicking the field in which you want the extra color out of you will change the color to that color that you want to get rid of.

ramslogo4.png

Left clicking again will change it back to the basic color, thus eliminating the extra.

ramslogo5.png

You will have to continue doing this with different parts of the logo until you get the entire thing done and it looks something like this when you zoom in:

ramslogo6.png

NOTE: You may have to change the color of some fields to a color not currently in use, therefore you may freely change colors without overlapping and changing two parts of the logo into one color.

:wacko: wow am i dumb. THANK YOU HEITERT

Here's mine: all college logos since that is the easiest imo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAtvw-1.png

Of course twins colors, vikings colors, and wild colors. Thanks to Heitert for the help!

Just as someone that's watching this as a bystander, I would want to give a tip to everyone; If your going to make them all the same color, I would make sure to use logos that are easily identified. Some people's look like they're just spelling out their names in random fonts. It looks much better, and more like how it is supposed to if you use letters that everyone knows the team they belong too without the aid of color, instead of just random letters that look like a font that you would get in word.

just my 1/250th of an Abe Lincoln.

Just as someone that's watching this as a bystander, I would want to give a tip to everyone; If your going to make them all the same color, I would make sure to use logos that are easily identified. Some people's look like they're just spelling out their names in random fonts. It looks much better, and more like how it is supposed to if you use letters that everyone knows the team they belong too without the aid of color, instead of just random letters that look like a font that you would get in word.

I understand what you're trying to say, but sometimes it's hard to find logos for certain letters (and good images of logos at that).

Also, I'll be working on some more of these tonight, I should be able to get all of the requests done by tomorrow sometime.

tj4eck - Do you want and specific colors, or just the colors of the logos I use?

I understand what you're trying to say, but sometimes it's hard to find logos for certain letters (and good images of logos at that).

Also, I'll be working on some more of these tonight, I should be able to get all of the requests done by tomorrow sometime.

tj4eck - Do you want and specific colors, or just the colors of the logos I use?

can you do it in the current Rays color Scheme ... the two blues?

thanks

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Archived