Avalanche Vs. Canucks

See Red

I don't know if anyone is watching the game. But it's currently 8-2 Avalanche. However, despite the score -- These two teams are beating the living hell out of eachother. They have really formed a hatred of eachother. From a person who lives in Colorados perspective -- If you gave this little rivalry a heated playoff series, this could turn into a rivalry of Avalanche/Red Wings proportions which was, at the time, the biggest rivalry in hockey (I have a feeling alot of the people in Canada will disagree) -- despite the lack of history. With the Avs winning tonight, I believe it will make the season series 2-2-2-0 for both teams.

I think Avs/Canucks can very easily become that as long as Peter Worrell keeps beating everyone's ass. If the refs weren't letting em' play, the penalties would be skyrocketing. I realize that all the clutching and grabbing makes for bad hockey, but it makes for a hell of a rivalry. I think that if they meet in the playoffs this year or next, this little rivalry which really only heated up a few weeks ago could become a very big one. Even Rob Blake, who NEVER fights, got into a fight.

*and on a sidenote, I love how May keeps messing with Aebischer despite getting his ass kicked twice by Worrell.

Anyone have any thoughts on this rivalry in which the Avs forever have, and forever will dominate?

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's true. But i don't like how they're targetting Abiecher and hitting him every chance they get.

And let's give May the dumbest played of the year award. He's the only reason they did rally. So then he goes and gets a penalty which takes him out half the period and has racked up stupid penalty after stupid penalty.

Also, I hope the Canucks aren't gonna need Bertuzzi in the next few games after that cheapshot he took on Moore (Naslund even said Moore's hit was clean). What a coward. And now Moore goes off on a stretcher. You DON'T punch a guy in the side of the head from behind and then proceed to tackle him from behind while driving his head into the ice.

IUe6Hvh.png

I know the Blues aren't letting themselves into the big 4 to 5 in the West right now, but I think overall they should still be considered one of them. Anyway, between the Blues, Wings, Canucks, Avs, (Stars are up there, but they don't have a huge rivalry with these teams,) We're getting some intense hockey.

The Blues and Wings have been going for a while. The Blues and Canucks started in the PO's last year. The Blues and Avs get a little rougher every time.

The Wings and Avs obviously have the rivalry. The Wings and Nucks seem to be establishing one to me.

The Nucks and Avs are obviously in the process of establishing one.

Let's hope Steve Moore is okay, he didn't look too good

Amen, Chris. And on a lesser note, let's hope Worrell has a shot to get his hands on Bertuzzi in the playoffs.

However, just like McSorley a few years ago... I think he'll be suspended for the remainder of the season.

IUe6Hvh.png

I this injuries serious... I bet charges will be pressed. He SAID he was gonna hurt him... and then he clearly did that intentionally.

If this is career ending for Moore, there's no doubt in my mind he'll press charges.

IUe6Hvh.png

I this injuries serious... I bet charges will be pressed. He SAID he was gonna hurt him... and then he clearly did that intentionally.

If this is career ending for Moore, there's no doubt in my mind he'll press charges.

Yeah, I think you're right... this was just as bad as the McSorley incident... he cleary hit him harder than Marty did. Then that pile on top of him didn't help.

I'm anxiously awaiting word on his condition.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Man i wanted Worrell to kick Brookbank's ass. I hate him cause he played for the OKC Blazers, he had some good games against Topeka. Bastard. Bertuzzi you are a peice of crap, there is no justification in doing what he did. I was watching it live. Lets hope Moore is ok, that was horrible. BAD GAME!

all this reminds me of a game I was at a couple of years ago, when donald brasheer was still on the canucks.

the sharks won the game against the canucks, and we went behind the arena to get autographs from the sharks. when the canucks bus came out the large gathering of fans greeted the bus (well namely just brasheer) with a resounding chorus of....

MARTY! MARTY! MARTY! MARTY!

:hockeysmiley:

In an interview with Avalanche Head Coach Tony Granato -- he mentioned that he recieved word that Moore had regained conciousness before he left the building.

This will definetely be national news tomorrow for anyone who doesn't really know exactly what went on. I am really tired of seeing it -- i honestly do find it sickening to see. I hope Moore will be alright; and I hope Bertuzzi doesn't get to touch the ice again, this season.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's situations like this that give hockey a bad name and ruin a chance for it to get mainstream like baseball and football in the U.S.

More than anything this incident (although can't be seen in the United States because ESPNBA is showing more basketball) has been described and sounds like:

Matt Johnson on Jeff Bukeboom

or out here last year

Jody Shelley on Brad Stuart

Yes I know this was payback for the Naslund injury, but my goodness, when does payback cross the line of competition to the possible courtroom. Wasn't it in 1993 when Dale Hunter took out then Islanders forward Pierre Turgeon that charges were supposedly filed for the attack on Pierre during the playoffs?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

That was just brutal. In all my years as a Canucks fan, this is probably the worst game I have ever seen from the franchise for a variety of reasons.

I was one of the Canucks fans calling for Moore's head after the Naslund hit, but I was obviously wanting him to get hit in a big way, or get his bell rung in a fight or something like that. You know, hockey type revenge. Eye for an eye stuff.

Just not this. Not a borderline assault.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

This was bad Bertuzzi should sit atleast 10 games for this hit not only did he hit him in the back fof the ehad which could be fatal if you are not careful he drove his head into the ice.

I understand the Nucks wanted to get back at Moore but this was wrong Bertuzzi should have challenged him face to face not like this Bertuzzi looked like a coward.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I am a die hard Avalanche Fan. That hit wasn't just assault, it was technically attempted murder. I truly hope Bertuzzi is GONE for the rest of the regular season. Then I want them to meet in the playoffs so Worrell can kick his ass.

For those of you who dont know the details here ya go:

Bertuzzi sought revenge when he punched Moore in the side of the head from behind while skating at center ice. Bertuzzi jumped on Moore's back and drove him face first into the ice, knocking him unconscious. The initial hit knocked Moore unconscious. Afterwards Moore was on the ice for ten minutes and there was blood all over the place. He was carried off on a stretcher. Moore did regain consciousness before he was off the ice.

Bertuzzi WILL be suspended for at least 6 games, and possibly (and hopefully) could face serious assault charges.

Skater, I don't think Bertuzzi will touch the ice for the rest of the season to be honest.

This was worse than the Marty McSorley incident in which McSorley was suspended the rest of the season.

my problems with this: The Moore hit on Naslund was 100%, completely legal. Moore was NOT out to attempt an illegal hit, rather just to check Naslund -- duh! Naslund skated right into it and has SAID it was legal.

As an Avalanche fan, the Canucks have surpassed the Red Wings as my least favorite team. In the time we've played the Canucks, i've seen that they are a flatout cheap team. They deserve to be stuck in a division in which they can't win because one team (Avs) is just too strong.

There's no doubt in my mind that Marc Crawford had put his team up to being cheap in this game. Why else would Hedberg have gone to center ice to fight Abeischer while a man was laying bloodied on the ice with trainers on their way out? I'm not saying Crawford said "go cheap shot Moore". And that little smirk on his face as Granato bitched him out.

Another problem I have with Vancouver -- Grow some balls and if you're going to retaliate... do it first chance you get. Don't wait through a road game and retaliate during a home game. Also, Bertuzzi, grow some balls and if you're gonna fight more, turn him around, drop the gloves and fight him. He sucker punched him from behind. Canucks fans, be thankful Bertuzzi's out because if he wasn't and they had the honor of playing the Avs in the playoffs -- Worrell would seriously mess him up (Worrell is like... the Avalanche protector. I love how he defends everyone).

There's gonna be ALOT of fines that come out of this game.

Marc Crawford SHOULD be fined for not getting control of his team. Bertuzzi should be fined, suspended, charged with assault, and the works.

And my man, my favorite player, Peter Worrell needs to be fined for swining his stick into the Vancouver bench.

IUe6Hvh.png

What I don't understand is that Crawford, while the coach of the Avs, never had his team retaliate or act like that.

I know Bertuzzi will most likely be out for the rest of the season and possibly the start of next season (if there is one).

And the update on Moore is that his injury is not carrer threatening, but I have no other info at this time.

And Worrell is the $HIT! He's the Av's resident bodyguard, and Bertuzzi should feel lucky that if these teams meet in the playoffs, that he won't have to be on the ice with Worrell.

Archived