Chiefs Concept

LogoFan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not a fan of either concept. you have to understand that the chiefs and the vikings are classic teams with classic looks. this must be taken into consideration when changing logos or uniforms of such teams. i just don't think you did a good job of maintaining a classic look.

I'm a diehard Vikings fan (believe me, I've died hard), so here are some thoughts:

I'm not a big fan of the revamped Viking head. Too much purple in the face. Ever see someone with a purple face, except when they're blushing?

I like the revamped Viking horns, but there are two problems with the uniforms: 1. The color is too violet-looking, unlike the blueish-purple the Vikings are known for; 2. As mentioned before, the numbers look too Ravenish, so give the Vikings block numbers.

All in all, a good try. But no cigar.

i like the chiefs primary a lot (with arrowhead #5) and i like the home/away uni's sans the "chief"...i'm not a big fan of that logo because i think it's too detailed (not any pc reason) - there just seems to be a lot going on in that logo - i really dislike the chiefs wordmark...again, too much going on - and i'm REALLY not a fan of the black alt

the vikes...don't really like much of anything about them other than i think the uni's are pretty nice...i'm digging the yellow pants

off topic a bit, but i like the jets primary and secondary (especially) you did and i like the cards1 A LOT - only critique about ALL of your jerseys...TOO MUCH BLACK

jldesigns404eo.png

I really applaud the quality on these, I'm just not feeling the Vikings set. The new helmet is a nice improvement though. The uniforms are good, but they don't feel right. Too busy I think, and something about them screams "arena" to me. And I like the idea behind the alternate logo, i just feel like it's going to tip over looking at it. I don't want it to sound like these are bad by any means, they're great. I just don't think they work as the next step for the Vikings.

everyone knows my positions on this issue. btw im of irish decent and i don't find the ND irish logo offensive even though most irish i have met aren't leprechauns cept for the leper-con o'reilly.

'nuff of the pc garbage, i want to talk about the incredibly awesome designs.

1. the chiefs- i am of the opinion that the chiefs need a change. from a subtle change of adding black to the color scheme to a flat out overhaul. i personally like what you have with the updated arrow head, and the indian head secondary logo. the chiefs really need to add black to there unis and you address this issue nicely. theres no sense in having a black in the logo and just use red/yellow for the uni color scheme. i don't think the chiefs have been in the playoffs since super bowl 3. they certainly havent won anything since. so tradition isn't lost.

2. vikings - all i can say is perfect update. i like the updated logos, wordmark and the secondary logo. which has that barbarian look to it which i absolutely love. the vikings were one of my favorite barbarians to learn about in high school. i like the modernization of the logo/unis. what they have now needs to be updated and modernized. they still have the same look from when they lost 4 strait super bowls. a change would help this team. maybe not a total overhaul but definately a change. man i still cant get over that ax logo, the vikings really need to use that logo.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

i like the vikings' new tweak look. Though on the hemlet you might want to have less purple on the horn. Just a tad, they look great.

I like arrow on the Chiefs though I am just curious if you tried to add a "KC" on it. If you did, how did it look?

logofan i was wondering if youn could m,ake a couple of changes to your cardinals concept #2 just change the shape of the black around the eye to match the new logo and add a feather effect in the back of the helmet similar to what the eagles use to match what the new logo looks like. that might give us a taste of what the template the cards were seriously considering.

I personally really like the lions concept I saw on your site especially the one with the full body profile .... I'm more of a traditional guy so I really didnt like the vikes or chiefs although i did kinda like the arrowhead logo

i'm not a fan of either concept. you have to understand that the chiefs and the vikings are classic teams with classic looks. this must be taken into consideration when changing logos or uniforms of such teams. i just don't think you did a good job of maintaining a classic look.

It's a concept, not a proposal. He doesn't have to take anything into consideration except for his vision. The Cardinals were a classic team with classic looks, and I don't think they maintained that too much. Nothing is untouchable in one's imagination.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived