fake or real?

sigma716

I would say there are different levels of fake...

Like comparing this monstrosity:

7ff5_1.JPG

- Absolutely everything is wrong with the jersey itself. Shoulders, striping, the NHL logo, and likely the material too.

- The font - just disgusting.

...to the one you posted.

The one I just compared, I would not hesitate to say FAKE in bright colors with a font the size of a billboard.

That Sharks jersey - it's obviously a premier jersey, so I hope they're not trying to pass it off as authentic. And in photo comparisons, the only thing that's really off is the thickness of the numbers, and a wrong font on the name.

Knowing ebay, this could be a guy just trying to make a cheap buck of his own crappy customization job. Or, this could be the product of a poor quality job by a store and the seller isn't really to blame at all.

Either way, yeah, it doesn't look right, but I hope we're not all jumping on the seller the same way as if he was making weird looking jerseys in some basement in Korea.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but any licensed authentic or replica should have the new NHL shield logo on the tags somewhere, I only see the NHLPA logo which only allows the use of the name & number. Also, is the ugly RBK mfg. tag on the front of the jersey?

I mean, It's a good looking shirt... who really cares whether it's authentic or not.... but I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of money for a basement replica.

canada.png

Hard to tell whether or not it's a fake. It could just as easily be a replica/premier jersey with slightly inaccurate fonts used.

My guess is that it's to do with the retailer: I once ordered a personalised Ducks replica jersey from Triple Threat Sports. The jersey itself was authentic, but the numbering and letters were ever so slightly off.

And did I ever mention the horribly inaccurate Captain's C?

AD1.jpg

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Hard to tell whether or not it's a fake. It could just as easily be a replica/premier jersey with slightly inaccurate fonts used.

My guess is that it's to do with the retailer: I once ordered a personalised Ducks replica jersey from Triple Threat Sports. The jersey itself was authentic, but the numbering and letters were ever so slightly off.

AD1.jpg

I would have kicked the mailman if he delivered that monstrosity to my door.

AD1.jpg

I would have kicked the mailman if he delivered that monstrosity to my door.

Me too.

Wait, this thread is about fakes?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This jersey is being sold by Jadgang, a legit seller on Ebay. It is probably a replica that like most replicas use wrong fonts.

come to think about it, this jadgang auction has always been odd to me.

the "LUONGO" looks a tiny bit too jumbled.

i wouldnt mind owning the jersey one bit, except i dont think its 100% straight from Rbk real.

louiejersey.png

zmarleau3.jpg

Buddy of mine just saw this on ebay for $139, and it looks suspect to me.

its a replica for sure.... i've seen the damn replicas with screened on numbers..... sooooooooooooo ugly....

but looks like some shop did the numbers not authentic

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Archived