patsox

Home jerseys:

BengalsHomeVector-1.png

Away jerseys:

BengalsAwayVector2-1.png

Pants:

BenglasPants.pngBengalsWhitePants.png

Helmet: BengalsHelmet.png

So here's my first concept in a long, long time. We all know the Bengals uniforms are a mess. I wanted to give the Bengals a simpler, more timeless look. I used as little white as possible, because they overdid it with it on the current uniforms and because I usually don't think of white when I think of a tiger. It is mostly on the bottom where it is invisible. I went without a colored side panel because they look stupid and are just clutter. I changed the font to a standard block to attempt to make them more timeless. I didn't want to go with something that would look trendy in a few years. No drop shadow either. Ugly. The sleeves are similar in order to keep some connection to the current era.

Constructive Criticism if you want.

*Fixed the TV numbers

*Added white pants. I'm not sure about how to designate the white and black pants as far as home/away/alt status goes.

*Here's the black one with white numbers and the white one with black numbers. I think I actually like these better.

BengalsHomev2.png

BengalsAwayv2.png

As a long suffering Bengals fan here in the Queen City I have to say that I like the look of these uniforms. I may be in the minority when I say that I do like the current uniforms the Bengals wear. You are on the money with your retro look. You don't have one here but I am assuming that you are keeping the current look of the helmet? That is the one change I would make. I would like to see them use the Bengal face on a black helmet. But the stripes would absoulutley blend with this look. And by the way, especially here in Cincinnati, white is associated with tigers. Back when the Bengals had a live mascot at the games, they would alternate between an orange and white bengal tiger as the seasons mascot. Also, there are currently 3 white bengal tigers at the Cincinnati Zoo.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Wow, patsox, that's a very good concept. When I did a Bengals concept a while back it looked very similar to this. Like everyone else said, put some white pants with this and it's just what the Bengals should be wearing.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

A really good simplified concept. This is light years above the...gosh, I can't even think of a word to describe how abjectly awful their current threads are. I like the shoulder pattern, and thank you for adding TV numbers. Do you think you could make the pants a little smaller? As is now, they take up the whole screen (top to bottom) and it's hard to take it all in. I like the orange numbers, but the wordmark is just too bland. Sorry, it's just so...blah. But the new numbers are great. Nice work here.

scotland_fifasig.png

* Classic arched wordmark under the collar = brilliant. It's a perfect way to pay homage to the past without fouling up their current helmets. Well done.

* Orange numbers on the black jersey = great when viewed on your PC, probably not great in real life. Go with white numbers outlined in orange. It will make the wordmark stand out more too.

* Orange numbers on the white jersey = OK, but black numbers would make the orange wordmark pop a little more. Either go with black numbers, or make the wordmark black.

* White pants = unnecessary. I'm in the minority of those who think that all they need is black pants. I guess they could have white ones just to switch it up now and then, but I really think the Bengals were made to be monochrome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Did I read the username right? Is that patsox? Just kidding, this is a very nice concept. It shows that you can take a busy, overdesigned set, simplify it, and make it look good. Call me crazy but I like their current, rounded numbers better, but most people like the block so don't listen to me. ^_^ The two pants option looks good, it's kinda like the Dolphins or Redskins, different color pants and jerseys look good but monochrome isn't so bad, either. Also you switched up the colors on the collar on the front view of the jersey, the back of the collar I mean. Just a minor mistake. Nice work though.

Ladies and gentleman...your 2008 comeback (concepter?) of the year, right here.

(Which I can say and do since this was posted last year... ^_^ )

Seriouly, though, cat, the visual quality of this here is LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything you've done in the past...keep it up! As for the actual design, I'm a little indifferent about the arched wordmark--I personally would have stuck to the current one...but that doesn't diminish what you have here. The orange numbers could work either way, although I agree with BBTV that white #s on black and black #s on white would provide moer "pop". As for the pants, I love both options--almost exactly like what they used to have (which they never really shoulda went away from in the first place).

Great job here, cat...let's hope this is a sign of (better) things to come from you, homeskillet!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Have had a chance to reflect more on Bengals concepts in general and would like to float something here. Aren't the striped helmets getting tired? Isn't it time to go in a new direction? Obviously I'm not just referring to this outstanding concept but one thing about all of them is there's striping all over the helmet, the jerseys, the pants...stripes stripes stripes! Real bengal tigers may not have this much striping! B)

I'm not suggesting a return to the old helmet though, which may be one of the worst in pro football history IMO.

Just a thought.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So I open this thread and look at the concept and I am thinking not bad at all, then I scroll up to see who did it and I looked at the screen in shock ... PATSOX!

Nice job dude!

Very clean concept that would easily work for the Bengals, keep it up man!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I love how simple you made the jerseys. No doubt this is better than the current set they have. I kinda like the current rounded numbers because it's something outside of the norm, but the numbers you use fit this set just fine.

Archived