2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Last time the Phils played on 09/09/09, they beat the Boston Doves 3-0 in Boston in 1909.

Credit Andy Martino.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Jeter is a baseball god!!!!!!

Not defensively he's not. ^_^

Rockies are rolling again, winning 4-3 on a two-run, walkoff base hit by Seth Smith, increasing their Wildcard lead to 4 games over the Giants, 5.5 over the Marlins, and cutting the Dodgers division lead to 2.5 games. Hopefully they use this last game against Cinci and the upcoming Padres series to put a little room between them and the Giants before the two teams play again in SF.

IUe6Hvh.png

Down 8-2 with 1 out in the 9th at Washington, the Phils did the following:

Werth = E6

Feliz = infield single

Ruiz = walk

Stairs = PH grand slam (8-6)

Rollins = single

Victorino = RBI double (8-7)

Utley = infield single

Howard = 4-6-3 DP, game over :cursing:

Florida is only 5 back now (6 in the loss column)

I've never believed the Giants were good enough to make the playoffs, so their performance tonight was typical of them. The Rockies make the playoffs? Let me quote Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend!" Have you looked at their schedule? It's far from friendly. They have 5 against the Padres, 3 against the Giants, D-backs, Cardinals, Brewers, and the Dodgers. If they want to make the playoffs, they have to win all of their series they have left and with that schedule, it's 50-50 that they do. The last three series against St. Louis, Milwaukee, and the Dodger will probably bury them. I figure they will lose 6 out of the 9 in those series. Honestly, looking at the schedules, I see Florida winning the Wild Card by a game or two over the Giants and Rockies. The schedule for the Giants is equally as bad as the Rockies. It's all about matchups. St. Louis will represent the National League and everyone else is a step or two behind them.

It'll never be shown anywhere, because it would destroy the carefully scripted reputation of Philadelphia fans, but Brad Lidge got a standing ovation when he was brought out to get the save in game 1 today. Fortunately, he had a 3-run lead as he gave up 2, but still.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It'll never be shown anywhere, because it would destroy the carefully scripted reputation of Philadelphia fans, but Brad Lidge got a standing ovation when he was brought out to get the save in game 1 today. Fortunately, he had a 3-run lead as he gave up 2, but still.

Also reduce the number of potential witnesses by those that watch every second of an Eagle game, even the garbage time of a rout.

The doubleheader sweep of the Mets mathematically eliminated the Mets from divisional contention.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Eventually, the Philly fans will find someone to throw batteries at or cheer an opposing players' career ending injury. They've done too much to earn that reputation. This one little act won't destroy that. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well now that the 2010 season schedule is out, besides me, does any CCSLCer want to go see Strasburg's first MLB start some time next year? Although it may be the first game or a home game in August, so one never knows when exactly.

I'm there. I want to see this 104 MPH fastball.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived