2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well some changes need to be made I want heads to roll

Stop your bitching and be thankful that your team isn't the Pirates.

This is getting has long gotten old Tank.

Fixed that for you.

For real, though, Tank...your chicken-little acts never cease to amaze me. Between the Mets organization and Obama Administration, you may as well head to the nearest Wally-world, stock up on bottled water, saltines, canned sardines, and potted meat, and go barricade yourself in a bomb shelter somewhere and wait for the year 2012 to show up and cringe as all the terrible events of the Mayan phophecy unfold all around you.

(Coincidentally...2012 also just happens to be the year of the next presidential election. Just thought it was worth mentioning.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

On that note, the Bucs traded Adam LaRoche to the Red Sox. I haven't heard what was sent in return.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Maybe we should have two separate threads:

*One thread for teams that are contending.

*One thread for teams who trailing by double digits.

That way, only the Nats' fans (and Baltimore, etc.) will have to listen to Tnak's rants.

:P

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That way, only the Nats' fans (and Baltimore, etc.) will have to listen to Tnak's rants.

You're so kind LPBBTV ^_^

On that note, the Bucs traded Adam LaRoche to the Red Sox. I haven't heard what was sent in return.

Another five years of dismal baseball or is that already a given?

...and the Indians...

6fQjS3M.png

Peter Gammons is reporting that Pittsburgh will receive a batting cage and a case of Sam Adams in exchange for LaRoche.

6uXNWAo.png

Peter Gammons is reporting that Pittsburgh will receive a batting cage and a case of Sam Adams in exchange for LaRoche.

I'll take that. They actually got a AA shortstop, Argenis Diaz and a A pitcher, Hunter Strickland.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Love it. Always liked LaRoche, and they could use anything at this point. Hope Pittsburgh enjoys Sam Adams, he's been dead for 200 years but he'll get more playing time than the two prospects they sent over there.

And another thread for Braves fans, because almost every post in here seems to have something to do with the Braves. :P

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

And another thread for Braves fans, because almost every post in here seems to have something to do with the Braves. :P

How bout an NL East thread and everyone else? B)

I like the LaRoche deal. They didn't need to give up much and were still able to acquire some much-needed pop at first base from a bench capacity. Hopefully LaRoche will be able to step in once in a while at first to give Lowell some rest.

How bout an NL East thread and everyone else? B)

No deal if it includes the Mutts and their fans. Except that Meadowlands fellow... he's a'ight.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's been some really whacky rumors going back and forth in St. Louis.

Right now Chris Duncan has been sent down to Memphis. That's hardly news here. To most he's just an automatic out who once showed a lot of power.

But we're now being told (and this was one of the rumors that has been awkwardly being tossed around and denied, rinse and repeat), that he will be traded to the Red Sox for Julio Lugo.

We'll see...

Meanwhile...how about those Colorado Rockies? Fired Hurdle a couple of months ago and just like in 2007 they've been scorching hot ever since (though obviously not to the same extent, hell that's something that almost NEVER happens).

They have the third best record in the NL at the moment and lead the Wild Card by a game over SF. I don't know if it's smoke and mirrors or what but I know I'm pulling for them...

Jason Marquis has been great for them as well, Aaron Cook is damn good, and they have a very nice lineup to boot. I can't help but like this team.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

There's been some really whacky rumors going back and forth in St. Louis.

Right now Chris Duncan has been sent down to Memphis. That's hardly news here. To most he's just an automatic out who once showed a lot of power.

But we're now being told (and this was one of the rumors that has been awkwardly being tossed around and denied, rinse and repeat), that he will be traded to the Red Sox for Julio Lugo.

We'll see...

That second trade is confirmed according to ESPN:

Later, the Red Sox sent shortstop Julio Lugo to the St. Louis Cardinals for outfielder Chris Duncan, the Boston Herald reported.

Both players had fallen out of favor with their teams. Lugo, who was batting .284 with one home run and eight RBIs in 37 games, was designated for assignment July 18. The Red Sox had 10 days to trade or release him. Duncan, batting .227 with five homers and 32 RBIs in 87 games, was sent down to Triple-A Memphis on Wednesday.

Archived