2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To all of the Red Sox fans and their thoughts on Lugo... I highly doubt Lugo came into the Red Sox office, put a gun in someone's face and demanded that contract. I think it was that someone in the organization thought he was worth that money, and that's the person who should get the scorn.

The Sox FO have had a Lugo-Boner of epic proportions as far back as his time in Tampa. This only makes my dislike for him increase tenfold. He doesn't fit in with the Sox, never has, and I can never understand what they saw in him.

It's hard to get mad at Theo after him coming out in the media, clearly saying, "This was one of the free agent signings that doesn?t work out. We were paying for past performance, not current performance. That's the true definition of a mistake, and as the decision, that?s on me."

He manned up, said it was his fault now it's time to move on. Good riddance Lugo.

For anyone that doesn't know, Greg Maddux is getting his number retired tonight in Atlanta.

That's awesome. He is one of my favorite players of all time! He's also one of my favorite Braves of all time, one of a few that were Atlanta exclusive, notice sig and city... Dale Murphy, Terry Pendelton, Mark Lemke, John Smoltz, and Tom Glavine the others...

I just wish his brother would have talked him into coming here for a season or two lol.

packchampionslfroh.png

The Mets, Cards, and Cubs are interested in Lugo.

The Brewers, Dodgers, and White Sox have joined in the race for Halladay. The Blue Jays have told the Yankees and Red Sox pretty much that they are not going to trade him to a Division Rival.

So that eliminates two teams off the list that were interested.

After the CC trade last year, to the Brewers really have what it takes to get this done? Even if so, do they really have the money?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To: The Chicago Cubs,

Please appreciate these 4 wins we'll be gift wrapping for you over this weekend series in your pursuit of the National League Central Division title or the Wild Card (whatever is more suitable) and your quest to finally win a World Series title. We thank your club for coming to town and allowing local Cubbie fans in the DC-VA-MD area to show their support and buy tickets to these games while outnumbering the Nationals fans in the stadium. It was pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to next year where we offer your club and fans to same treatment.

Sincerely,

The Washington Nationals

To: The Chicago Cubs,

Please appreciate these 4 wins we'll be gift wrapping for you over this weekend series in your pursuit of the National League Central Division title or the Wild Card (whatever is more suitable) and your quest to finally win a World Series title. We thank your club for coming to town and allowing local Cubbie fans in the DC-VA-MD area to show their support and buy tickets to these games while outnumbering the Nationals fans in the stadium. It was pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to next year where we offer your club and fans to same treatment.

Sincerely,

The Washington Nationals

Dear Nationals,

Speaking on behalf of the millions and millions of Cubs fans nationwide, I would like to thank the Expos Nationals for laying down and playing the bitch to our beloved Cubbies this past weekend in D.C.. We feel it is because of you that the Cubs have turned their season around, thus propelling themselves into second place in the National League Central, only 2 games back of first place St. Louis. Thanks again for the fine hospitality, and we shall meet again next month en route to our first World Championship in 101 years!

Signed,

Cubs Nation

6uXNWAo.png

Two shut outs in Phils three-game sweep of Marlins. Phils now up 9 (loss column) over FLA and the Mets, and 8 on the Braves. Can't expect this to continue, and I really hope that this doesn't make Ruben think that it's not worth it to get Halladay.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The M's keep on rolling and giving Anaheim and Texas chase after taking 3 out of 4 from Cleveland.

Oh, and if anyone is watching the Mets-Braves game: The Mets' starter went down in Top of the 2nd to what looks like a quad injury (As if the Mets need anymore injuries to that team... It's like someone has jinxed them for leaving Shea).

The M's keep on rolling and giving Anaheim and Texas chase after taking 3 out of 4 from Cleveland.

Oh, and if anyone is watching the Mets-Braves game: The Mets' starter went down in Top of the 2nd to what looks like a quad injury (As if the Mets need anymore injuries to that team... It's like someone has jinxed them for leaving Shea).

Or they are jinxed because they are the Mets. Eh, I'm sure they deserve it.

Is J.A. Happ in the discussion for possibly NL ROY? Should he be?

Is J.A. Happ in the discussion for possibly NL ROY? Should he be?

One could certainly make the argument. 4-0 since becoming a starter with a sub 3.00 ERA. He does have a problem with the long ball, but that will happen. If he can finish the year at or below 3.00 and win a few more games, I don't see why he shouldn't be in any discussion involving the ROY.

Archived