World Baseball Classic 2009

Breakwood

Bah Puerto Rico should be a state any way

I think Puerto Rican's would disagree.

Cuba put up a stinker today, but I guess it should have been expected. They relied on the long ball, which was easy in Mexico cause of the altitude, but Petco park eats homers for breakfast.

Some Puerto Ricins are all for it, notice Bernie Williams uniform number 51 (51st State)

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two proposals for the eventual 51-star flag:

200px-US_51_Star_possible_Flag.svg.png

200px-US_51-star_alternate_flag.svg.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

#1: Why does Mexico have black helmets?

#2: Why does Mexico have green pinstripe pants to go with their alternates, when they don't have a pinstripe set?

#3: WTF Mexico!

#4: That 2nd 51 Stars design is pretty hot.

And for the first time in the WBC, we have a case of goodwill gone bad. The Netherlands hit a home run to make it 8-2 USA, and Englehart (sp?) apparently admired his HR too much, so the US pitcher throws behind the next batter and this causes the Netherlands dugout to come out.

If that's an MLB game, the benches are cleared.

Well, the Dutch bench cleared. I don't get how the Dutch manager got a talkin' to, but Lindstrom didn't even get warned.

Both sides got warned. I don't see the issue that the "Netherlands" had with it. What's you're problem? Oh wait, you're guy who's a nobody, hits a home run down 8-0 and admires it? I'm shocked the next guy didn't get it in the head. I'm sorry, but I was happy to see a pitcher do what he did. You don't admire home runs when you are a nobody and you are down 8-0. If the "Netherlands" was so pissed off, they should've turned their attention to the moron who admired his home run. For anyone to be ticked off about the next guy getting thrown behind does not know baseball. The guy is real big by standing on the top step of the dugout and saying, "hit me". There's a rule of thumb, you hit that guy next time, or if he won't come up again, then the next guy gets it. I'm sorry for people who hate hearing this, but baseball has become a bunch of wimps and showboats and it's amazing that it's become standard for nobodies to admire a home run and no one to do anything about it. I believe the first batter of the game should be pitched high and tight and heck if you hit him, so be it. The game needs pitchers such as Don Drysdale and Bob Gibson, who would drill you if you dug in at the plate or looked at them funny. It's so disturbing that we've brought up a generation of wimps and babies.

There seems to be allot of Mets on Puerto Rico, its hard to root against them.

I guess to add to that, I wasn't too mad at Vazquez's pitching tonight. As long as he brings that come April.

EDIT: 11-1, F/7. O lawd have mercy.

It's time to make Puerto Rico a state.

Yes, but you would have to sacrifice Rhode Island as a result.

I saw, I came, I left.

And for the first time in the WBC, we have a case of goodwill gone bad. The Netherlands hit a home run to make it 8-2 USA, and Englehart (sp?) apparently admired his HR too much, so the US pitcher throws behind the next batter and this causes the Netherlands dugout to come out.

Well, the Dutch bench cleared. I don't get how the Dutch manager got a talkin' to, but Lindstrom didn't even get warned.

Both sides got warned. I don't see the issue that the "Netherlands" had with it. What's you're problem? Oh wait, you're guy who's a nobody, hits a home run down 8-0 and admires it? I'm shocked the next guy didn't get it in the head. I'm sorry, but I was happy to see a pitcher do what he did. You don't admire home runs when you are a nobody and you are down 8-0. If the "Netherlands" was so pissed off, they should've turned their attention to the moron who admired his home run. For anyone to be ticked off about the next guy getting thrown behind does not know baseball. The guy is real big by standing on the top step of the dugout and saying, "hit me". There's a rule of thumb, you hit that guy next time, or if he won't come up again, then the next guy gets it. I'm sorry for people who hate hearing this, but baseball has become a bunch of wimps and showboats and it's amazing that it's become standard for nobodies to admire a home run and no one to do anything about it. I believe the first batter of the game should be pitched high and tight and heck if you hit him, so be it. The game needs pitchers such as Don Drysdale and Bob Gibson, who would drill you if you dug in at the plate or looked at them funny. It's so disturbing that we've brought up a generation of wimps and babies.

I completely disagree. If this were some run-of-the-mill lame ass Padres-Rockies game, I'd be all for it, but that type of :censored: has no place in international competition.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So some no name dude playing for Netunus club in the Netherlands top league, who is a teacher during the day isn't allowed to celebrate hitting a home run in a Major League park against a Major League pitcher? If it hit that home run, I'm jumping like Joe Carter in the 93 world series.

If it was a player for the Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico, then it's a bit of a different story.

1zqy8ok.gif

I guess to add to that, I wasn't too mad at Vazquez's pitching tonight. As long as he brings that come April.

I'm in favor of the merger of the Dakotas, personally.

And merging the Carolinas.

The thing about the Carolinas is that they're too big too merge into one state. The population's of ND and SD are both low enough to efficiently combine into one. But if we're playing Rearrange the States, the first thing I'm doing is making Maryland about three counties bigger.

The thing about the Carolinas is that they're too big too merge into one state. The population's of ND and SD are both low enough to efficiently combine into one. But if we're playing Rearrange the States, the first thing I'm doing is making Maryland about three counties bigger.

I actually think the midwest should become one massive communist state, just to keep the east coast in check.

The thing about the Carolinas is that they're too big too merge into one state. The population's of ND and SD are both low enough to efficenly combine into one. But if we're playing Rearrange the States, the first thing I'm doing is making Maryland about three counties bigger.

Did you know, at one point, Texas could have been divided into as many as five states?

The thing about the Carolinas is that they're too big too merge into one state. The population's of ND and SD are both low enough to efficenly combine into one. But if we're playing Rearrange the States, the first thing I'm doing is making Maryland about three counties bigger.

The Dakotas have a larger area than the Carolinas.

The Carolinas have a larger population than the Dakotas.

Oh snap.

#1: O God. Stop Reel Line Mint.

#2: The US will be alright. They've still got a deep talent pool of players that want to come up and take the injured players' places.

Then again, we might not have to worry about that, seeing as how it's "Win or go home" from here on out for the US. They've got to beat Venezuela and Puerto Rico to advance.

...yeah, I'm worried too.

Archived