World Baseball Classic 2009

Breakwood

God, I wish the American players would quite whining like babies and just play.

I so badly want to see them get blown out again by PR tonight, but it would probably make the whole situation even worse. It's sad, but this tournament needs the US to succeed for it to really take off.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pissed; Jeter playing at short over Rollins just cost us a run. This is stupid. Why play Jeter at third when you can play Rollins? Jeter isn't that good; the only reason he's starting at short is he's the Yankees shortstop. If he was the Athletics shortstop he wouldn't be starting.

6fQjS3M.png

Great hit by David Wright just dont kill him, we need him in April :flagusa:

Now the Carloses and the other Puerto Rican Mets can go back to St. Lucie, and if Venezuela uses K-Rod for another 4 out save I am going to lose it.

You heard here first 2009 NL MVP David Wright

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wow. Some Phillies involved in the end. Victorino and Rollins score and Romero gets the loss. I wasn't too confident they'd win but great way to pull one out.

And I guess I have to acknowledge David Wright there. Haha

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Alright, statehood is tabled until the next referendum.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know just because Chipper Jones is a whining prima donna, doesn't mean the rest of the players are. I mean heck, most of the prima donnas have been linked to steroids and aren't even on this team. So let Chipper whine like the baby that he is, because he's won what in his life? Oh yeah, he's the baseball version of Jim Kelly, get to the championship and can't get it done. So it's probably better that the prima donna is back with his prima donna manager, Bobby Cox.

As far as the game not being shown. How in the heck is this suppose to be important when ESPN would rather show us the 99th and 100th ranked college basketball teams or where ever you'd rank the crap that can't make the NCAA playoffs? I mean really, could you spare us from watching Davidson-South Carolina or even worse Alabama State-Morehead State? Really? So why the hell can't they send that crap over to ESPN Desportes or even put the Puerto Rico-U.S. game on EPSN 360? What do you get on ESPN 360? The same crap you get on ESPN and ESPN 2, crappy college basketball teams.

You know just because Chipper Jones is a whining prima donna, doesn't mean the rest of the players are. I mean heck, most of the prima donnas have been linked to steroids and aren't even on this team. So let Chipper whine like the baby that he is, because he's won what in his life? Oh yeah, he's the baseball version of Jim Kelly, get to the championship and can't get it done. So it's probably better that the prima donna is back with his prima donna manager, Bobby Cox.

As far as the game not being shown. How in the heck is this suppose to be important when ESPN would rather show us the 99th and 100th ranked college basketball teams or where ever you'd rank the crap that can't make the NCAA playoffs? I mean really, could you spare us from watching Davidson-South Carolina or even worse Alabama State-Morehead State? Really? So why the hell can't they send that crap over to ESPN Desportes or even put the Puerto Rico-U.S. game on EPSN 360? What do you get on ESPN 360? The same crap you get on ESPN and ESPN 2, crappy college basketball teams.

The game was on the MLB Network.

LvZYtbZ.png

OT: lmao, dude, everytime I see you post on Sports In General, it's paragraph or two complaining about something. You and admiral must be good friends, because both of y'all always drop these text gems.

OT: lmao, dude, everytime I see you post on Sports In General, it's paragraph or two complaining about something. You and admiral must be good friends, because both of y'all always drop these text gems.

Not to mention that Chipper Jones has not only won a World Series and MVP award, but find me another player that constantly restructures his contract to get LESS money so the Braves can bring other people in.....Go ahead...I'll wait. Those comments bother me because Chipper is as far from prima donna as you can get. He loved playing in the WBC and it is not a perfect tournament, so he just wanted to mention what would make it better.

Great, great game last night.

A few things i'd like to see changed for the 2013 Edition though. Instead of two teams from each pool moving on together to the round 2 pool. i'd like to see things mixed up a little more. I don't need to see Japan and Korea play 3 times before the semis. They've played 6 times now in 2 tournaments, but they've never played PR or Venezuela.

Great, great game last night.

A few things i'd like to see changed for the 2013 Edition though. Instead of two teams from each pool moving on together to the round 2 pool. i'd like to see things mixed up a little more. I don't need to see Japan and Korea play 3 times before the semis. They've played 6 times now in 2 tournaments, but they've never played PR or Venezuela.

How bout a crossover where the teams that win Pools A & B face the runner ups of Pools C& D and vice versa?

He loved playing in the WBC and it is not a perfect tournament, so he just wanted to mention what would make it better.

Perhaps, they should put games in Las Vegas.

Or Duluth, Minnesota. 'Cause you know, they have hunting and fishing there.

1zqy8ok.gif

Hmmm:

Check this out: the United States played a WBC home game Sunday night in Florida, with stars such as Jimmy Rollins, Derek Jeter and David Wright in the lineup, and drew 11,059 fans.

Just hours earlier, the New York Yankees played a routine spring training exhibition game in Florida and drew 10,727 fans.

And so Team USA, playing a meaningful elimination game, outdrew a spring training game by a whopping total of 332 people. The U.S. players were disappointed in the crowd, just as they were on Saturday when a clear majority of fans rooted against them for Puerto Rico. So much for home-field advantage.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Hmmm:
Check this out: the United States played a WBC home game Sunday night in Florida, with stars such as Jimmy Rollins, Derek Jeter and David Wright in the lineup, and drew 11,059 fans.

Just hours earlier, the New York Yankees played a routine spring training exhibition game in Florida and drew 10,727 fans.

And so Team USA, playing a meaningful elimination game, outdrew a spring training game by a whopping total of 332 people. The U.S. players were disappointed in the crowd, just as they were on Saturday when a clear majority of fans rooted against them for Puerto Rico. So much for home-field advantage.

Compare those numbers to the average home attendance for the Florida Marlins each season.

Archived