New Kc Royals Logo?

Snowcap30

Uh, yeah, that's not new, they wear it as a sleeve patch on the black alternates. And IMO it is ugly and unoriginal.

I beg to differ - The logo, though similar to Milwaukee and San Diego Padres (before this year's new logo). I really like it, used as the primary logo now for any offical announcements or when Tony Pena is doing his post game interviews.

But hey, I'm a Royals fan. And if they shaved a dog's butt and had it walk backwards with the logo on it - I'd still love it! ^_^

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

As a public service, I thought I'd provide a quick review of the variations of the KC Royals' logos since 1969:

1969-1992:

KCR_PL_1969-1992.jpg

1993-2001:

KCR_PL_1993-2001.jpg

Note the change to a Metallic Gold - this coinsided with the change to the MLB moving to vector graphics for their logos.

2002-present:

KCR_PL_2002-9999.jpg

The addition of Black, plus a different shade of Blue accompanied the change to making "KC" more prominent.

Secondary Logo - 2002-present:

KCR_SL_2002-9999.jpg

For some reason, the Royals thought they needed to add Light Gray and Red to their color scheme.

Well, as with all logos that feature a ball, I don't really consider the red in the stitching to be one of their official colors, kinda like how the brown in the faces of the Blackhawks' and Redskins' Indians aren't really part of their official scheme. I do like the update of the shield with the bigger "KC", but I just have a burning hatred for adding black to schemes as a quick-fix modernization.

Well, as with all logos that feature a ball, I don't really consider the red in the stitching to be one of their official colors, kinda like how the brown in the faces of the Blackhawks' and Redskins' Indians aren't really part of their official scheme.

I know what you're saying, but personally I consider EVERY color to be part of the "official" scheme. Teams DO list all of these as official colors, even if some publications don't.

For example, Red, Blue and Gray are most certainly part of the Pittsburgh Steelers' color scheme - in fact, the Steelers have tweaked the actual Pantone colors of the Blue and Gray a bit over the years. And, the Redskins' darker Burgundy in the face has changed as well.

Curiously, someone on another thread referred to the Florida Marlins as (I'm paraphrasing) "de-emphasizing the Orange in their color scheme in recent years". When in actuality, the only Orange that's ever been in their color scheme is in the stitching of the ball in their primary logo. What happens, is that manufacturers of team products pick up that the Marlins have Orange in their color scheme, and produce merchandise with that color prominently in it. Same goes for the Arizona Cardinals' Yellow, the Milwaukee Brewers' Brick, the Seattle Mariners' Red, etc.

What I try to do in my "Team Colors" lists on my SSUR.org site, is to break down the color scheme into definitive Primary Colors, Secondary Colors, Accent Colors, and so on. More often than not, teams list all of their colors on an equal basis - in fact the Mariners list Red FIRST.

The Mariners would look awfully bad in red. I can't believe that would even consider it.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• 2 months later...

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Johnny, but you can call me TxHockeyFan. I am a sports logo enthusiast, and I have lurked here on this message board for some time. I hope that I can contribute some information and opinions concerning sports logos.

I have a comment to make concerning the history of the Kansas City Royals logo. On some of the older representations of said logo, the "Royals" script is much smaller in proportion to the top part of the logo.

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Johnny, but you can call me TxHockeyFan. I am a sports logo enthusiast, and I have lurked here on this message board for some time. I hope that I can contribute some information and opinions concerning sports logos.

I have a comment to make concerning the history of the Kansas City Royals logo. On some of the older representations of said logo, the "Royals" script is much smaller in proportion to the top part of the logo.

Welcome!

If you wanted to get other people's attention, make up a new thread that introduces yourself.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived