Los Angeles Angels "Rebrand"

Shumway

I think this is the second time I updated my favorite team, but the last time was a half-hearted effort. I didn't do a whole lot as far as editing the logos, but I'd like to think I made some minor changes for the better. First up, the logos...

I didn't change the logos a whole lot, basically because I like what they've got for the most part. I went back to yellow for the halo...someone on here(I wanna say iamthedorf) did a concept a few weeks ago with the halo yellow, and it just looked....right, I guess. It's such an obvious change to me. That little spot of yellow makes such a big difference to me. I also created an alternate "LA" mark, in reference to the old LA Angels logo. I removed all the bevels from the logos because, well, I just don't like them. I think it's much cleaner without them.

Logos-1.png

Now, onto the uniforms. I like what the Angels have now, but I don't think they're better than what they had in the mid-90s. I like the emphasis on the navy, rather than the red, so I went back to that look. It also eliminates the whole red-logo-on-red-uniform fiasco. I took the shadows out with the bevels, again for the sake of simplicity and cleanliness. Now, to what's possibly my favorite part: the halo on the cap. In order to make these something other than "just another navy and red team", I wanted the halo back on the cap(and this time, the helmet, too!). It's something different, and I've always thought that was so cool. When I played baseball when Iw as younger, the Angels in my league painted halos on their caps, and I always wish I could've been traded or something, just so I could have those hats. The numbers and names stay the same because I don't see anything wrong with the font, until the Texas Texas decided to use them.

Home2.png

Away2.png

For the alt, I wanted it to be navy again, mainly to avoid the red-on-red look. The "LA" comes into play on the cap here. For the batting practice jersey, I like how the Angels don't use the side panels currently, so I kept that look going. Again, the "LA" monogram appears.

ALT-1.png

BP2.png

C&C if you want.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The switch to a yellow halo is a great move IMO. The halos on the hats are creative, but look kind of weird. Don't jump out as halos at first glance. They just look like random lines. I don't agree with the move towards blue, because I like the contrast from the blue dodgers. It definitely doesn't look bad though. The name and number look a little like the Braves, too. Overall this looks pretty decent. The name and number look a little like the Braves, too.

Here's why it doesn't work. You're using two Dodger trademarks images in the interlocking LA, and the blue. I understand that in the past the Angels used the dark blue and the interlocking LA, but to marry the dark blue and the LA is a mistake. It just makes them look like the wanna-be Dodgers as opposed to their own identity. It's kind of like the Rangers with the red this year now look like wanna-be Angels. If you thought it was that good of a look, you should've kept it, and now that someone else has bettered your look, you just look pathetic.

I like the basic cleanliness and return to navy of the design. When all else fails, simplify, right? But I'm not a fan of the halo on the cap. It doesn't really fit in, that one blotch of misplaced yellow on an otherwise yellow-free look. I really like the idea of the LA logo, but I think you need to drop the "legs" of the A down a bit, so the crossbar is in the center of the letter as opposed to the bottom.

scotland_fifasig.png

Here's why it doesn't work. You're using two Dodger trademarks images in the interlocking LA, and the blue. I understand that in the past the Angels used the dark blue and the interlocking LA, but to marry the dark blue and the LA is a mistake. It just makes them look like the wanna-be Dodgers as opposed to their own identity. It's kind of like the Rangers with the red this year now look like wanna-be Angels. If you thought it was that good of a look, you should've kept it, and now that someone else has bettered your look, you just look pathetic.

So if you understand that the Angels did this, why is this pathetic, exactly? <_<

And, uh, that STILL doesn't explain why the halo doesn't work.

Great job, I hope we continue to get to see some more concepts from you. I love the halo on the hat. The one thing I don't like is the emphasis on navy. I think red fits the Angels much more. Also, a small tidbit, but I think on the LA logo it'd be better if you shifted the L a tad more to the left. It just looks too far from the A as it is.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I never said the halo didn't work. And I'm not talking about you when I say pathetic, but if they Angels went to this they would look like Dodger wanna-be's just like the Rangers this year with the red cap and uniforms are going to look like Angel wanna-be's. If you're going to rebrand something, don't look like a competitor, be original. Another great example of pathetic attempt at changing would be the Arizona Diamondbacks who had an original look and then decided to use colors awkwardly similar to Houston.

That's pretty good - I'm just glad you didn't give the suit an LA theme...Los Angeles and Anaheim have as much to do with one another as the city of Denver does with Colorado Springs.

Arte Moreno is fooling nobody with this "LA" charade.

CHECK THAT: The LA hat has to go - the logo too.

I like it, for some reason I tend to like any concept where gold was added to the Angels scheme.

I really like how you brought the halos back to the caps, and I also like the LA logo. I did something similar in my MLB Redesign a couple years back. Mine didn't get the greatest feedback either, but I'm sure if it were actually on the caps people would love it.

The only real suggestion I have is to add more red. The last thing MLB needs is another predominantly blue team. I know the Rangers just switched to mainly red, but they're dumb..? Also, I wouldn't mind a Los Angeles script on the roads.

TDZiMMB.png

I like it, for some reason I tend to like any concept where gold was added to the Angels scheme.

I really like how you brought the halos back to the caps, and I also like the LA logo. I did something similar in my MLB Redesign a couple years back. Mine didn't get the greatest feedback either, but I'm sure if it were actually on the caps people would love it.

The only real suggestion I have is to add more red. The last thing MLB needs is another predominantly blue team. I know the Rangers just switched to mainly red, but they're dumb..? Also, I wouldn't mind a Los Angeles script on the roads.

Right...Los Angeles in script for a team that plays 45 miles from downtown Los Angeles. Brilliant.

I wish different colors would be involved...looks like the Braves....try to avoid navy blue and red...or blue and red in general...its so overused in sports, and a big gripe from me whenever I see it. Still, looks amazing...but could be adopted by a handful of teams

temp.png

What I like; The "LA" mark (if they really want to be a Los Angeles team just adopt a LA mark and drop the "Anaheim" already), and the shadows being taken out of the bevels.

What I don't like; The emphasis on navy. I really like the red vs blue thing LA baseball has going on right now. I wouldn't want to see that go by the wayside.

The halo. I know it's unique, and I know it has nostalgia value, but IMO it just looks silly. One of those "old not retro" things.

All in all I like the general theme of simplifying the Angles' look, but I'm not sure if halo hats and and an emphasis on navy is the way to go.

Right...Los Angeles in script for a team that plays 45 miles from downtown Los Angeles. Brilliant.

In the same metropolitan area/urban agglomeration.

Until Anaheim gets its own TV network affiliates, it's LA.

Concept-wise, I am also a fan of the red more, but I do like the yellow halo. I don't agree that navy would make them Dodger wannabes, since navy and royal aren't too similar.

VmWIn6B.png

Hey, I say if they want to live in their delusions, might as well cap it off!

TDZiMMB.png

Archived