The Canadiens wearing throwback jerseys today - Feb. 1st

spyboy1

The Canadiens are wearing their 1912-13 throwback jerseys vs. Boston this afternoon (February 1st) for the first time. Today's barberpole jerseys are really unique and worth checking out if you are able to watch the game live.

1912.png

This is the fourth jersey of the six they plan on wearing and the last of the four they plan on wearing this season. They will wear all four of them again once more this season.

Others they have worn so far are their 1970-71 jerseys, which hardly count since it's their current road jersey and didn't even change the shoulder patches for the occasion.

1970.png

The 1945-46 jerseys are their old third jerseys, white with the blue chest stripe. These had the special shoulder patch on them, as will the rest of the throwbacks, but still, it's a style we've seen before.

1945.png

The 1915-16 jerseys were a darker red than currently used, but were essentially the current home jersey with a vintage "CA" logo instead of the current "CH" logo, so they weren't all that different.

1916.png

Next year they will be wearing their 1909 ? 1910 & 1910 ? 1911 jerseys, which are also completely different than anything else. The 1909 is blue with a white chest stripe and the 1910 is a beautiful red jersey with green trim and a realistic Maple Leaf and Old English "C" crest.

1909.png

1910.png

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

These look great live. The "barber pole" continues all the way down the socks.

My wife broke out laughing when she saw the socks worn with the jerseys. She thought that was too much.

Here they are in action. The number on the blue square on the back is killer! The blue nameplate sure helps too.

84580123.jpg

Not too shabby getting that on the forum considering the game is still in the second period!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

EDIT: This is just cruel, CBC decided to have Bob Cole call this game when the Habs are wearing uniforms that make it harder to read the numbers.

Well, Cole called the Habs\Kings game yesterday, so I guess he called today's game since he was already there.

IeHVybT.png

EDIT: This is just cruel, CBC decided to have Bob Cole call this game when the Habs are wearing uniforms that make it harder to read the numbers.

Well, Cole called the Habs\Kings game yesterday, so I guess he called today's game since he was already there.

PJ Stock seemed to think that one of the reasons the habs lost the game today was due to the jerseys and the younger guys on the team not being able to adjust to the new equipment involved (helmets, gloves, etc.) and that the inconsistent colours make in hard for you to "see" your players.

Anyone else think this is possible? I don't know about this one - when I played we had 4 different jerseys one season, and seemed to have no problem transitioning...then again, I was never a pro.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

PJ Stock seemed to think that one of the reasons the habs lost the game today was due to the jerseys and the younger guys on the team not being able to adjust to the new equipment involved (helmets, gloves, etc.) and that the inconsistent colours make in hard for you to "see" your players.

Anyone else think this is possible? I don't know about this one - when I played we had 4 different jerseys one season, and seemed to have no problem transitioning...then again, I was never a pro.

Nope. They didn't deserve to win yesterday, and if the refs would call what they should call, that third goal was not even a goal, but a penalty on the guy who scored as he pulled down the defender before the scoring the goal. They've been playing poorly and the officials are the only thing that kept them from losing 5 in a row. Oh yeah, those are freaking ugly uniforms!

First off I want to say that these are kind of cool for a two-time thing. I also want to say that I was surprised by how white they looked on TV, it just really stood out to me. And last PJ Stock is an idiot. He's the worst thing that ever happened to CBC.

g4104.png

They are a beauty!

EDIT: THis is just cruel, CBC decided to have Bob Cole call this game when the Habs are wearing uniforms that make it harder to read the numbers.

Hahahahaha. During the game I remember commenting on how I thought he either no longer worked for CBC or had died.

The jerseys themselves look good, if only for a one-off thing.

They were brutal. They look good stationary but HORRIBLE in motion. Everything blurred together and weird pixilation happened if you weren't watching it in HD.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived