Italian national team to wear a new kit

Dave Ship

• 4 months later...

yeh, i was wondering about that...evidently Pewter Power's crossed the Atlantic. The US went all white, least Italy coulda done was go all blue.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I thought charcoal because they looked a lot like the refs full uniform. Here are a few pictures(same shot 2 angles). One looks black the other looks brown. Towards the end of the game I thought maybe they looked a little brown, but overall it was hard to tell.

alg_rossi-fifa.jpg

16soccer.1.600.jpg

They're brown apparently.

From footballshirtculture.com:

A light blue shirt, dark brown with light blue socks and dark brown or white shorts: The new Italy 2009 confederation cup kit, manufactured by Puma is officially unveiled by the FIGC. The Italians will wear the new kit in South Africa at the Confederations Cup as a special edition devoted exclusively to this event.

The shirt is available at the FSC Shop.

This will be Italy's shirt until the friendly match vs Switzwerland on the 12th of August 2009, after that the classic Azzurro will return for the World Cup 2010 kit.

This original colour choice is to honour the early 30's Italian National team, trained by Vittorio Pozzo (World champion '34, '38, Olympic gold in '36).'

?It is a less intense blue - said the coach Marcello Lippi - but, whatever the colour is, the four stars are there and we want to honour this jersey. "

Andrea Rogg (Puma CEO) said: '' This choice was made to honour early 30's National team, that used to wear light blue, with black shorts. We choose a dark brown for aesthetic reasons?

Archived