Columbus Blue Jackets 3rd Concept

krilow

Technically, I can't see anything wrong with this. But it would be a little jarring to me to have a team called the Blue Jackets wearing a jersey that's primarily red.

There are four teams that should always have blue jerseys: The Maple Leafs (like 80 solid years of tradition), the Rangers (they're called the Broadway Blueshirts), the Blues (obvious) and the Blue Jackets (also obvious).

If you want to give the Blue Jackets an alt, you're going to just have to come up with a different style of jersey for them to wear, not a recolour.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Yeah man, this is just a re-color. I don't see any creativity put into this. I'm sure everyone could've imagined the Blue Jackets with a red jersey and have this come to mind, so, it's not really creative at all.

Some suggestions:

Why don't you use the alternate logo as the primary, put the primary logo on the sleves, and then mess around with some different striping patters other than the exact same patern that the Blue Jackets wear now. THEN would it be a concept. This is just a mere re-coloring.

There are my Cs&Cs

This concept looks fine, and that's not the issue. The red looks nice, and it fits well with the basic design they already have. The problem is that: A. As other have said, they are the BLUE Jackets and B. This isn't original- at all. I've thought of this before, and I'm sure it'd look nice on the ice. But try going for something more original, with different styling than what they already have.

scotland_fifasig.png

Seeing as they have a pretty good rivalry with the RED wings developing as of late I don't think blue would be a good idea. Maybe something a little more Civil War inspired would be a good starting point for a CBJ 3rd jersey concept.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Β 

Seeing as they have a pretty good rivalry with the RED wings developing as of late I don't think blue would be a good idea. Maybe something a little more Civil War inspired would be a good starting point for a CBJ 3rd jersey concept.

-Dan

I think blue would be a great idea. :P

Seriously though, it really bugs me when somebody just recolors the template and asks for C&C. You just don't get very much for a recolor.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Like others have said, it has to be blue. It doesn't have to be the same Navy shade of blue, but it has to be blue. Red is also a bad choice because the team wears red pants. Assuming that they don't pony up and buy new helmets and pants like the Hurricanes did with their recent 3rd uniform and assuming that they create some matching red socks for this red jersey then you would have a situation where the team is wearing navy helmets, red jerseys, red pants, and red socks. They would look like the Czech Republic national team and that would look terrible and go completely against the team's name.

You gotta see the whole picture with hockey uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

-Dan

I think blue would be a great idea. :P

Seriously though, it really bugs me when somebody just recolors the template and asks for C&C. You just don't get very much for a recolor.

WOOPS!!! I meant red wouldnt be a good idea... my bad.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Β 

• 1 month later...

Archived