SUDBURY WOLVES ( OHL )

Sigma Kappa

Hi guys....thank you for all the comments of my last work-I appreciate it!Keep 'em coming...

...so here I am with my new concepts... it's new identity for junior hockey team from Sudbury,Ontario,Canada....I don't like their current logo :wacko: so I came up with completely new set...just to let you know-secondary logo is based on city flag of Sudbury ....hope you'll like it !

Flag_of_Sudbury.jpg

...so here it is

SudburyWolvesPrimaryLogo.png

SudburyWolvesSecondaryLogo.png

SudburyWolvesTertiaryLogo.png

...I made also jerseys...

SudburyWolvesJerseyscopy.png

That's it folks!!! :D

Thank's for viewing....

sks7copy-4.png

I echo what chestnutz said about the wolf's nose. On the primary logo, the less detailed head works well because the wordmark takes up the space that would need to be more detailed anyway. However, without the wordmark, the lower half of the tertiary looks empty and undefined.

The secondary is brilliant. It looks a bit like a soccer crest, and incorporates the city's flag very nicely.

Did you consider using other colors? Or does Sudbury use these colors already? While I really like your logos, it seems that two or three of your concepts have used a dark color (like navy/black) and a light, neutral color (like grey/silver or beige/light gold). Why not tie the color scheme into what the city uses on its flag, for example, for a little variety in color schemes?

Once again, a wonderful concept. The only comment I can come up with is the lack of a mouth on the wolf makes things seem a little off, there is the nose and then a large area of white, but that's just a suggestion. Other than that I can find anything wrong with what you have done here. Great job again.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

The wolf needs more definition around his mouth; as it is, the first thing I thought is, 'Why does that wolf have a Santa Claus beard that's flapping in the wind?' Adding a mouth could really add to the overall ferocity of the primary and tertiary logos.

The 'Sudbury' lettering on the primary logo could probably also stand to be thicker and bolder so that it stands out more. I'd also love to see a "1A" logo, if you will, with 'Wolves' instead of Sudbury, to put on the home uniforms ? kind of like how baseball and basketball uniforms are done, with the team names on the homes and the city name on the roads.

The secondary logo is very nice, but I think it could do without the 'Sudbury' lettering. On the home/road jerseys, you've already got it on the front logo, so it seems a bit redundant to have it on the secondary too. You could do away with the lettering, make the paw print bigger, and make this logo stronger overall.

The wolf needs more definition around his mouth; as it is, the first thing I thought is, 'Why does that wolf have a Santa Claus beard that's flapping in the wind?' Adding a mouth could really add to the overall ferocity of the primary and tertiary logos.

Hey officeglenn ,you have some really good ideas,but what have you done to me man!?...now,when I look at that Santa Claus beard in primary and tertiary logo and tree with the star in the secondary logo,I can't stop thinking about Christmas :D

...you are right about wolf's mouth,gents!!...it definitely needs more definition!!...this is how I learn thank to you guys....cheers

sks7copy-4.png

I'd say it's a good start. As everyone's said, the nose/mouth needs definition. Two other small issues:

1) To me, the type looks a little like an afterthought. It seems like it was just pasted on top at the last second. I'd like to see it integrated better, but I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

2) I've got to keep saying it... The colors on all your concepts continue to be kinda bland. The blue here is a little more saturated than your Archers concept (I think), but with the blue and the gray, the concept as a whole is still VERY subdued in terms of color. I'd love to see some bright, saturated colors somewhere. Something to make it pop.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The secondary is beautiful. I don't think the mouth is a huge issue, but it is a issue regardless. The third logo seems a bit plain, as in a lot of empty space. Maybe incorporate the flag design into the bottom of the third logo to spice it up a bit. Also, the jerseys are beautiful, especially the third. I really like jerseys with scripts.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Good work with the logo renderings. You are very good with that. But there are a couple of things I have been noticing in all of your concepts, I would work on...

-using some bolder color schemes, you use mostly drab and flat colors, especially in this one. Try brightening things up.

-coming up with more creative jersey patterns, not to say that this doesnt look nice, but just try something out of the ordinary. Traditional looks are classy but I just would like you to do something new.

I agree with what has been said thus far. The mouth of the wolf needs more definition. As it stands right now, the mouth seems very hidden. Also, I agree with Elliott about the color choice. It's a little plain. Try livening things up. And another sugestion would be to put the secondary logo on the front of the alternate uniform. I think it would look real nice. Great job yet again Sigma. Keep it up.

jNTsTyQ.png

The Wolves current logo is extremely outdated and this is a great update!

If I can throw an idea at you, I'd like to see some green incorporated (even if it's just the 3rd jersey) as a nod to the team's past.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The real Sudbury Wolves look pathetic. This would be a great update. The wolf looks good, the colors are a perfect update on their blue and grey, and I like how you incorporated that neat Sudbury flag. I think it's important for major-junior teams to have some sort of local flair. Don't just be a junior hockey team, be a junior hockey team from and of Sudbury, or Swift Current, or Acadie-Bathurst, or whatever. So you captured that well.

Not fond of the font. Is that Eurostile? Use something a little bolder.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 3 years later...

I really like the primary logo! I have a question for you re: usage but I'm new here and want to be respectful of protocol.

Re: Board protocol ...

1) Don't drag up a three-and-a-half-year-old thread.

2) You can PM the OP to ask whatever questions you have.

1) Don't drag up a three-and-a-half-year-old thread.

If you're not allowed to bump a thread because you were reading deep in the archives as a lurker and now want to chip in, maybe all threads should self-destruct after 90 days. Geez.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived