New 3rd Seahawk Jerseys?

walkdesign

There are some on here who have said over and over again these will not be seen on the field. Even though I am not one of the guys in the loop on this, I can assure you these will not be worn. EVER. People would probably go blind or have to affix their television sets.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting kind of tired about the exaggerations used when discussing these.

"people's eyes will fall out!!!!" "OMFG I'm going to go blind!!!" "the goggles.. they do nothing!!!" "LOL ur kidding me!!! there soo brite!!!"

It's not flourescent. It's not neon. It's not even that bright. It's just a limeish peaish green. You may not like the color, and that's fine, but to act like it's just bursting out at you is ridiculous. They're not even close to what the Orlando Thunder wore. They'd actually look rather flat while on the field.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"people's eyes will fall out!!!!" "OMFG I'm going to go blind!!!" "the goggles.. they do nothing!!!" "LOL ur kidding me!!! there soo brite!!!"

It's not flourescent. It's not neon. It's not even that bright. It's just a limeish peaish green. You may not like the color, and that's fine, but to act like it's just bursting out at you is ridiculous. They're not even close to what the Orlando Thunder wore. They'd actually look rather flat while on the field.

Agreed completely. If you don't like the color say so. The ridiculous hyperbole is about to be the death of some of us.

You are correct, sir. A while ago, I put together a concept for a Green Seahawks uniform - and used the Pantone Textile colors. Here's what that uni would look like:

SeattleSeahawks_PropAUN_TEX.png

You are correct, sir. A while ago, I put together a concept for a Green Seahawks uniform - and used the Pantone Textile colors. Here's what that uni would look like:

Just curious...it seems that in the current "leaked" pictures of the Lions and Seahawks ( :P ) the jersey template on the official NFL graphics has changed. Has the NFL done away with the jersey with the extra-long sleeves and gone to a more realistic look, or are these just concepts?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

From the Seattle Times today: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...697_hawk03.html

The color is actually rave green though radioactive cabbage might be more descriptive.

Or perhaps the slime from "Ghostbusters."

But a template called a uniform slick for the neon green alternative Seahawks jersey was published on Michael Princip's blog GreenGlare.com and linked on Uniwatchblog.com. Click here to see the slick.

Princip said in an e-mail that the green jersey was part of an April Fool's joke. However, the hoax could in fact become a reality. According to the team, Reebok has made a green "fashion" jersey and sold it the past couple of years. The Seahawks would have the option of wearing the neon green jersey as its third — alternate jersey — if wanted, but no decision has been made.

I think that author is just making that up.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Don't think he did make it up - it's a pretty meaningless statement.

Yes, the Seahawks could wear it as their third jersey, since it meets the requirements (maintains color scheme). They'd have to inform the League, in advance of each season's deadline, but they have the option of elevating it from fashion jersey to on-field alternate.

Just curious...it seems that in the current "leaked" pictures of the Lions and Seahawks ( :P ) the jersey template on the official NFL graphics has changed. Has the NFL done away with the jersey with the extra-long sleeves and gone to a more realistic look, or are these just concepts?

The NFL has changed the template for most of the teams. The new Dolphins sheet is still using the old template though.

Yes, the Seahawks could wear it as their third jersey, since it meets the requirements (maintains color scheme). They'd have to inform the League, in advance of each season's deadline, but they have the option of elevating it from fashion jersey to on-field alternate.

Really? I thought NFL teams needed two years advance notice? Or is that NBA?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Even though this was a joke. With the Hawks already selling a "fashion" version of this could actually happen. A lot of the polls and message boards in Seattle were about 50% of people liking the bright design. This may be enough market study along with strong sells of the fashion version to actually bring this design to the field. Spooky eh?

2000Patch.jpg

This image makes me feel kinda funny. Kinda like when I used to have to climb the rope in gym class.

/never actually climbed a rope in gym class

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No, you're right - the Rams in particular have a reputation for missing the deadline - but that's what I meant.

The reporter didn't say they could wear the jersey as an alt in any specific game, only that they have the option to add it to their rotation if they so desire. As I said, a pretty meaningless statement in its generality.

thats the NBA

Archived