Bobcats Wearing Green Tonight

sigepraider

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I did a search and did see anything. I had heard of other teams doing this, but I did not know my home team was a part of it. Here is a link to the article and a pic of Gerald Wallace in the unis:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/640249.html

I dont hate them, generally I like the Green Black combo, its just weird to see it on a team whose primary colors are Orange and Blue.

check the ball texture...

p5794504dt.jpg

The Spalding® NBA Recycle Basketball is designed with 40% recycled rubber material so you can respect Mother Earth while showing off your moves on the court. It features a recycled logo grip pattern and is the official size and weight for NBA play.

more here: http://www.nba.com/green/

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Unless these jerseys are recycled or given away, I don't see what is "green" about producing new jerseys to wear for ONE game.

Ah, but you see, they can recycle them for St. Patrick's Day next year. ^_^

Unless these jerseys are recycled or given away, I don't see what is "green" about producing new jerseys to wear for ONE game.

Because there is a massive catholic population in Charlotte, NC and Denver Colorado (jk). Im sure the NBA will be making more "green" because of the extra jersey sales, but I agree, there I dont see anything environmentally friendly about an extra, one time use uni set.

And by the way, I know this is a little off topic, if the bobcats are going to break out green uniforms, they should use these.

caldwellfloatissel.jpg

Larry Brown started his coaching career with the Carolina Cougars, they were the first pro basketball team in the Carolinas, what a way to honor him, the ABA, and the Carolina Basketball tradition by donning the Cougar uniforms again. Plus, Cougars... Bobcats?! It just makes sense.

Because there is a massive catholic population in Charlotte, NC and Denver Colorado (jk). Im sure the NBA will be making more "green" because of the extra jersey sales, but I agree, there I dont see anything environmentally friendly about an extra, one time use uni set.

I suppose they could auction them and donate the money to something environmental. But since it does not appear they are going to do that, then yeah. What's the point?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Or take the names off them and send them to Boston. :rolleyes::mad::blink:

I am not a fan at all of these green outfits. Is any NBA fan going to look at them and think 'wow my team is wearing a green uniform, I must recycle more'? Why not wear a patch, that incorporates some green message or something?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

can we get the mavs in a green version of the standard road jersey?

full time?

I think the Mavs should have a darker Green version of their current Green alternate for Green week. That would make me recycle.

check the ball texture...

p5794504dt.jpg

The Spalding® NBA Recycle Basketball is designed with 40% recycled rubber material so you can respect Mother Earth while showing off your moves on the court. It features a recycled logo grip pattern and is the official size and weight for NBA play.

And it's made in China, which more than offsets its eco-friendliness!

For every yin, there is a yang.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

i will admit that the green/gold/sky blue combo actually works.

i'm not in love with the blatant merchandising under the excuse of environmentalism.... but it's a nice color scheme that i wouldn't mind seeing a team use one day.

Archived