CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Goldin Auctions ends soon, good luck to anyone from this site that has bids on rings.

What did you guys think of the final prices realized in the Goldin Auction?

Also heritage has some great rings coming up including a Giants #43 ring, Saints #44, packers #31 and #32 and Bill Walsh's last super bowl ring #24

yeah I made a run at that 31 ring but outta my range

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Overall I was surprised by how much the SB rings fetched. I would have thought you could get the 2000 Ravens ring for around 15-20 and the 2012 ring for about 25K.

I cant believe Pats staff ring brought in 16K! of course we all know the story of the guy the ring was given to...but still...considering it was staff ring which for that year was drastically different than players ring and also none gold, no diamonds...that's a lot of money. I cant imagine the guy that bought it initially paid anywhere near that much, probably 5K at most.

Only other Pats ring I know from that year was back up QB Davey...sold for 55K....but that was over 100 grams of 14K gold and nearly 5 carats of diamond.

Wonder if he same person bought all 3 49ers ring!

yeah I made a run at that 31 ring but outta my range

sometimes rings will go for less money. I remember a few years ago, Heritage had a great super bowl XII Cowboys player ring that went for under 18,000.

sometimes once the rings get going in an auction, they all rise (I have noticed this with SCP ring auctions too. hang in there, someday you will get a 31 ring at a better price.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201697919038492&l=6b9caef823

From left to right:

- Louisville Bulls 2008 MCFL (Mid Continental Football League) National Conference Championship

- Montana State Bobcats 2011 Big Sky Conference Championship

- Montana State Bobcats 2012 Big Sky Conference Championship

(all football)

• 2 weeks later...

I was offered a chance to buy this ring. while I have seen the ring before, I never saw the presentation box.

It is a Jostens ring and they subcontract out the making of the presentation boxes. Perhaps this was a style used back then. It is different from any other presentation box I have seen.

The seller wanted way too much for the ring, hopefully someday we can agree to a price or another one will come along.

27loser.jpg

Jostens is know for using the J inside the diamond that's still their logo. That ring on ebay to me looks like a fake. My guess is someone had a replica and then tried engraving the jostens logos and the property of jostens. Most of the sales man's rings I've seen that is stamped in not engraved.

t.jpg

I did see that ring on ebay. I don't think much of the seller, he knows nothing about rings, buys crap and then tries to resell it on ebay at quite a mark up.

there were two things about his ring that amazed me: 1) the top of the ring looks dead-on real. even the tiny prongs look exactly correct and the quality of the red stone where it meets the gold is very well done. 2) The other thing that surprised me was the wording on the Lombardi trophy was very crisp!

The shanks have the heavy horizontal lines which is a give away the ring was made from a wax mold of a real ring. The real rings, if they even have those lines are much much thinner and is covered by the black antiquing when the ring is made. my ring has the antiquing in tact so I don't know if the thin lines are beneth. sometimes it is not lines but more of a random patterns (like on the Jets superbowl III ring).

the Jostens engraving was strange, and looked totally fake too.

I would stay away from the ring. Many salesman samples are not real and have gone down in price over the last 10-15 years due to high incidence of fakes.

PS - I didn't realize the score was missing. Great catch Dralec!

a Colts superbowl losing xli ring was just put on ebay at a reasonable asking price. it already has 3 offers. i don't think it will last long. it belonged to a scout.

i know the ring is 100% real (I do have a player's ring from the same year). it's missing 2-3 small blue stones, but any jeweler could fix it at very little money.

good luck if anyone is interested in it.

a Colts superbowl losing xli ring was just put on ebay at a reasonable asking price. it already has 3 offers. i don't think it will last long. it belonged to a scout.

i know the ring is 100% real (I do have a player's ring from the same year). it's missing 2-3 small blue stones, but any jeweler could fix it at very little money.

good luck if anyone is interested in it.

TJ made those offers it looks like. It's a pawm shop selling it

t.jpg

We should have lot more traffic soon, in about 2-3 weeks colleges will be handing out rings, judging by 30+ bowl games, if we can find pics, there should be 60+ new rings.

Also can't wait for Red Sox's new rings on 4/4 and Cardinal's NLCS rings on 4/12.

He does that all the time. I've tried dealing with him on a few rings that he has and he won't budge. He's an idiot

Here's a story about a stolen colts ring..... I thought for sure it must the the one on ebay but it looks like the stolen ring was a player's ring and the one offered on ebay says it's a front office ring.

Hummm, I wonder.....

Here's the link to the story.... http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts/reward-offered-for-stolen-colts-afc-champ-ring

stolen-colts-ring_1394203858726_3322629_

They could not find a picture of the Colts ring? They had to put a picture of the fake Chinese replica? Lol

Least they could do was to go to your website sports rings.

I hope the guy finds the ring, but can always call Herff Jones and get a new one.

Yeah I can't wait for the bowl rings to start coming out. I really can't wait to see Florida State's natl championship ring..hoping it's like their last one. Still in my opinion the best college ring ever made.

DSC_0292_zps39d5b664.jpg

t.jpg