CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

There's three trophies on the side of the ring

Still doesn't change my thought process behind my comment. They are making it more about LeBron and less about the franchise. There should be THREE trophies on the FRONT of the ring. If they want to make a note about LeBron or the three players coming together or whatever, then do it on the SIDE. I'm not a fan of what they did...maybe its just me.

I'm no fan of his, but I think you're wrong here. When you've got back-to-back championships, I'm okay with celebrating that on the front of the ring at the expense of all prior titles.

We agree to disagree then. I feel that it should always be about the franchise on the front and the individual stories on the sides. I believe it has been that way for years and I don't know of any other professional ring that mimics this trend. I could be totally wrong, but I don't remember a team doing anything similar to this. I'm not against a team bucking the trend and creating something new. I'm just not a fan of this. It seems way too pretentious for my liking.

The Lakers have done it with their recent rings.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

i don't have a problem with teams that put only one trophy to represent that championship, or the lakers using the amount of trophies to represent multiple years because it would be ridiculous to put 16 trophies on a ring, but when you are a team like the heat that only have 3 it should either put one trophy to represent that single championship or put all three to show the franchises success

• Like 1

i don't have a problem with teams that put only one trophy to represent that championship, or the lakers using the amount of trophies to represent multiple years because it would be ridiculous to put 16 trophies on a ring, but when you are a team like the heat that only have 3 it should either put one trophy to represent that single championship or put all three to show the franchises success

to your point though look at the pistons ring above it only has one trophy yet they to have 3 championships. In the end it's up to the team not players.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

to your point though look at the pistons ring above it only has one trophy yet they to have 3 championships. In the end it's up to the team not players.

like i said i don't care if it is just one to signify that single championship, it what the heat did that i don't like only putting the 2 trophies from the big three era, and forgetting about their 1st one in 06, i know it's on the side but to me it just makes me think the heat don't care about that one as much

Maybe they don't - there's something special about back-to-back wins. It puts the team in an elite category, and is worth celebrating in its own right.

When the Packers won their third in a row, they put three diamonds on the face of the ring to commemorate the feat.

ringSuperBowlII_salesmansampleStarr.jpg

Now, that was the franchise's eleventh championship. Heck, most of the players on that 1967 team had won five titles in green and gold, but you'd never get that from the 1967 ring.

Were the Packers wrong back then? I don't think so, nor do I think the Heat are wrong now.

Still doesn't change my thought process behind my comment. They are making it more about LeBron and less about the franchise. There should be THREE trophies on the FRONT of the ring. If they want to make a note about LeBron or the three players coming together or whatever, then do it on the SIDE. I'm not a fan of what they did...maybe its just me.

I'm no fan of his, but I think you're wrong here. When you've got back-to-back championships, I'm okay with celebrating that on the front of the ring at the expense of all prior titles.

We agree to disagree then. I feel that it should always be about the franchise on the front and the individual stories on the sides. I believe it has been that way for years and I don't know of any other professional ring that mimics this trend. I could be totally wrong, but I don't remember a team doing anything similar to this. I'm not against a team bucking the trend and creating something new. I'm just not a fan of this. It seems way too pretentious for my liking.

Great point. I actually noticed that after I commented while researching some of the past NBA rings. They had three triangles on the ring that seemed to represent the three titles as well as something that Jackson and the team were preaching throughout their quest. If I remember correctly it was something esoteric, which was typical of Jackson's philosophies at the time. Somehow I still don't like it with the Heat though. I must be projecting too much of my feelings about the whole LeBron thing. Who knows?

Great point. I actually noticed that after I commented while researching some of the past NBA rings. They had three triangles on the ring that seemed to represent the three titles as well as something that Jackson and the team were preaching throughout their quest. If I remember correctly it was something esoteric, which was typical of Jackson's philosophies at the time. Somehow I still don't like it with the Heat though. I must be projecting too much of my feelings about the whole LeBron thing. Who knows?

its different because it's ridiculous to put all 16 titles on the ring, it makes a lot more sense to split it up into eras i guess when you have that many, same with the packers, it's stupid to put 11 titles on that ring because it's just too many, but if it is less than say 6 or less titles won by your team it should have all of them on the face of the ring or only one.

In my opinion the ring is made for the players. And for most of them, as well as ES as a head coach, it is a second ring. I know that LBJ is probably the biggest reason behind this move but if they want the third trophy on the ring they will have to earn it.

• 2 weeks later...

how is one able to tell that a ring is fake? what are the signs?

There's a lot to look for. If you really want to get into collecting your best bet is to have a good conversation with someone who's been collecting for years. I've been collecting for about 6 years but I'm still learning stuff all the time.

t.jpg

that superbowl 39 ring is 100% real, I have the ring, and the presentation box and bought it from the original owner. If you are looking to collect on a budget, that's an excellent ring to acquire - it's made of non gold, and imitation diamonds. The ring can be purchased on a modest budget.

By the way, I see SCP will have a real player's superbowl 39 ring - back up quarterback Rohan Davey. Someone got their hands on Rohan's ring a few years back and had molds made. there are some fake ones out there with real dimaonds. A pawnshop in Atlanta has tried to sell the ring as real for a long time.

The ring in SCP looks real.

Should go for 50,000 or above.

Not that I need to second sports-rings, the man is encyclopedia of championship rings,but the Pats staff ring is real. The second staff ring has 2 trophies on it.

I like what they did much better than Ravens when they gave everyone same ring as Ray Lewis.

Heat are the only team I know that players ring is exclusively for players, even owner and Pat Riley got a slightly smaller rings. That's the way Riley wanted it, he said players ring have to be special and only for them.

BTW what is the over/under of seeing a staff Heat ring, none gold with CZ coming up on eBay? Last year it took 2 weeks.

Sports-rings is that a real ravens ring?

Yes it is! First time ever I negotiated a purchase before the ring was given to the player! I still went through a lot of ups and downs before finally acquiring it.

Thanks for calling me a walking encyclopedia. The real encyclopedia title belongs to Scott Welkowsky in California. Every time I have a question, he has an answer.

Sports-rings is that a real ravens ring?

how about that super bowl 1 ring that a players?

Yes it is! First time ever I negotiated a purchase before the ring was given to the player! I still went through a lot of ups and downs before finally acquiring it.

Thanks for calling me a walking encyclopedia. The real encyclopedia title belongs to Scott Welkowsky in California. Every time I have a question, he has an answer.

t.jpg