CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

This is ring season for colleges...hope we get more pics soon...for starters

ASU PAC 12 South ring, team lost both PAC 12 title game and Holiday Bowl...still got rings, although really ugly ones!

BjR-peICAAAbBCY.jpg

There are a lot or really lame accomplishments highlighted on this ring--division champs, ranked #14 in the BCS, beat Arizona two years in a row, 10 win season, and played in the Holiday Bowl.

They just could have given each player a trophy that read "NCAA Football 2013 - Participant."

With opening day right around the corner, any news on the Red Sox WS rings?

Yes, Jostens again is making the rings for Redsox.

They will be given out on next Friday 4/4/14.

As with all the recent championship rings by Josens, a collection of fan rings will be made available on the same day.

This is ring season for colleges...hope we get more pics soon...for starters

ASU PAC 12 South ring, team lost both PAC 12 title game and Holiday Bowl...still got rings, although really ugly ones!

BjR-peICAAAbBCY.jpg

That is WAY too much ring for a division title. They basically won nothing, including that bowl game! Ridiculous.

I've noticed some of the division title rings out of the SEC and I feel the same way about them ( even if it IS a tough conference). Ditto the Big-12 runners up! People are too damn desperate for a ring. They're watering down what it means to WIN SOMETHING.

OK, getting off the soapbox now..... Just my .02

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

Sports Rings,

Nice writeup on the Pittsburgh/Cincy ring relationship. Just wanted to say how shocked I was that the Bengals ring in '88 was LARGER than the 49'ers World Championship ring. I remember seeing them side by side in a Jostens display case at the Minneapolis airport in the summer of '89 ( I think it was 89). The other thing I distinctly remember from that case is a replica of William "Refrigerator" Perry's Super Bowl ring...it was astoundingly large. I didn't know fingers could get that big!

I wonder if they still display their work there in the airport? Anyone in this group know offhand ? I haven't been back to Minnesota in a long time. .....

Karl.

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

I was going to post a photo of my 1988 49ers Ring next to my 1988 Bengals Ring a while back when the rings were being discussed. This is the only time in the super bowl era where the loosers ring (Conference Ring) was made larger than the Winners ring. Strangely both rings were made by Jostens too. So kind of makes you wonder how this could have happened. Its one thing for another company to make one ring and another make the other ring and not knowing how big the rings are but Jostens knew exactly how big both rings were. I wonder if the 49ers were happy when they found out the Bengals rings were made larger. 7009_739908852710148_2024835603_n.jpg

I was going to post a photo of my 1988 49ers Ring next to my 1988 Bengals Ring a while back when the rings were being discussed. This is the only time in the super bowl era where the loosers ring (Conference Ring) was made larger than the Winners ring. Strangely both rings were made by Jostens too. So kind of makes you wonder how this could have happened. Its one thing for another company to make one ring and another make the other ring and not knowing how big the rings are but Jostens knew exactly how big both rings were. I wonder if the 49ers were happy when they found out the Bengals rings were made larger. 7009_739908852710148_2024835603_n.jpg

Great photo!

The Bengels ring may be bigger, but the three marquee diamonds in the 49ers ring were gorgeous and made the winning ring so much nicer and of more value than the runner up ring.

I bet you are 100% right - the 49ers were probably not pleased with the size of the XXIII ring. Perhaps, that's why when they won the super bowl again, the following year, their XXIV ring was substantially larger than the (shown above) super bowl XXIII ring.

24win.jpg

Hey Mike- glad to see u finally got the Colts watch. Can't believe u found one with the original box. Just awesome. Jay

Hi Jay,

Welcome aboard!

This is a great site, full of ring people here!

Should be a busy few days, that new Red Sox ring should make its debut soon!

(although I'm a Yankees fan), I admire how great the 2004 and 2007 Red Sox rings are.

For some reason I cant copy and paste any pics.

I really like the ring. Shanks are customized depending on how many WS players won with the team, that is what Heat should have done.

David Ortiz received a MVP ring also, lets see if he will post pics.