CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Slightly Off Topic - But What the Heck.

Saw Draft Day over the weekend. This movie is fantastic! There was more "story" in it than I thought there would be, and the story-line really engulfed me.

I'm not giving away anything from the movie so I promise I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to see it.

Two comments about super bowl rings from the movie.

1) The fictitious Browns coach who was the former super bowl winning coach of the Cowboys proudly wore his Cowboys super bowl ring throughout the movie. Although there was no close up, it looked very similar (from afar) of the Cowboys Super Bowl XXX ring.

2) Great quote from the movie - I'm paraphrasing as I could not find the quote on the internet: "If football is the ultimate men's game then why do they give the champions jewelry?"

Thank you for your recommendation of this movie. I will definitely want to see it now. The ads on TV and the radio certainly didn't seem to do it much justice because they seemed so cheesy and predictable. I was under the impression that it was trying too hard to be football's version of Moneyball. Glad to hear that you liked it. I will put it on my must see list.

Question for the group: in the collective knowledge of all you fellow ring junkies, does anyone know why Bobby Bowden never wore any of his actual championship rings ? He always wore that one same ring with a red stone In The middle surrounded by diamonds?

I thought I read somewhere that he had that ring made up early in his career before FSU became a national power so that he would have bling to match other coaches that went into the homes of recruits. But I'm not sure.......any of you know about that?

TIA,

Karl

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?page=Mag15playforkeeps

"Bowden doesn't bother to wear his 1993 championship ring. He doesn't want his players to think he's satisfied. He doesn't wear any of his ACC title rings either, or the stash of bowl rings and watches he has hidden away in a dresser drawer. Those are for his 21 grandchildren. He wears only a ring given to him by Burt Reynolds, who was once an FSU running back."

I'm pretty sure this is the ring...

BOBBY_RING.jpg

Yup, that's the one. Thanks so much for posting that. What a nice story about Coach Bowden and the program, even if it was from a few years ago. I did NOT know Burt Reynolds gave him that ring. That's awesome!

Thanks again, Survival79!

Sincerely,

Karl

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

I guess they were going for American Athletic Conference but ran out of space. Should have made 2 rings. AAC and Fiesta Bowl Championship rings. Unlike other teams that haven't won jack and still make rings, this team won a couple of things. Come on guys, it's not like you guys do this every year, tell your AD to get you another ring since Jostens is only charging you $300 per ring. Sell it on ebay if you don't want it, you can get a minimum of $700.

NBA Shares Photos of How Every Playoff Team's Championship Rings Would Look

dd9bf7e3fb5d8c20f034b84e0f13203f_crop_no

The official NBA Twitter account sent out pictures of what a championship ring from all 16 teams would look like, and they all look pretty sweet. You can see links to all of the rings here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2035191-nba-shares-photos-of-how-every-playoff-teams-championship-rings-would-look

Yesterday I was at a sport card store and what do I see?? a 2007 Anaheim Ducks Stanley Cup ring.. with Selanne on it!! I asked the owner if I can see the ring and try it on.. size 9 ring but wow the size of the ring is huge!!!! Should have taken a pic but acckkk.. oh funny thing the price the owner asked was $65!! I kid ya not!!! Am so tempted to buy that ring but want to see what the hell up with other stuff first..

If I ever get that ring I will try to post a pic but depending on what happens.. still that 2007 Cup ring is beautiful...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

UCF AAC and Fiesta Bowl Championship ring.

BlL-pt7IcAABAPp.jpg

wonder why they put American champion on top instead of fiesta bowl champion

Because its a conference championship ring, the Fiesta Bowl was just part of that season as denoted on the side panel.

UCF AAC and Fiesta Bowl Championship ring.

BlL-pt7IcAABAPp.jpg

wonder why they put American champion on top instead of fiesta bowl champion

Because its a conference championship ring, the Fiesta Bowl was just part of that season as denoted on the side panel.

Oh ok so their getting another ring for the Fiesta bowl then?

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers