CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Here is my personal opinion about the new Red Sox World Series Championship Ring. It’s a colorful ring that should please some. Some will like that they used the WS Trophy and the Red Sox Logo on top of the ring. One of my biggest concerns is that the Rings top doesn’t have that many diamonds on it and the ones that they have used are very small. They kind of went “Classy” as some would call it. I personally don’t think that Classy and Championship Rings go hand in hand. You go sometimes your whole career to win the big one and you want a Massive diamond covered ring no matter what. You can always wear your wedding ring every day or some other piece of jewelry every day. Most players don’t wear these rings very often and certainly not every day so why not make it huge and gaudy. It’s a Championship Ring. The super bowl rings as of late are being blown away by the Hockey Stanley Cup Rings. Outside of the 2003 Marlins Ring most World Series rings aren’t as huge and gaudy as rings from other sports.

One other thing that I personally don’t like on the new Red Sox Ring is I HATE the new World Series Trophy made by Tiffany and Co. Balfour used to make the Team trophy and it used to be HUGE and Heavy. The new one that Tiffany and Co. now makes for the teams is a big disappointment to me. Same goes for the new AFC and NFC Conference trophies. They say those were redesigned to make them more modern or hip but I can’t see them changing the Lombardi Trophy and if they do I imagine everyone will complain. Kind of like when the NCAA changed the song “One Shinny Moment” after the team wins it all they play that song. A few years ago the song was re-recorded and that lasted 1 or two years before they went back to the original version. The lesson learned here is not to mess with that works.

In a few months let’s hope the Seahawks get it right and produces a truly special Monster and Unique Ring and not just a field of diamonds with the Seahawks logo on it. Since Paul Allen owns the team they might just do that. Time will tell.

The MVP ring was made by Red Sox ownership, has nothing to do with MLB.

Players sometimes have rings made for special accomplishments such as winning 20 games, no hitter, perfect game etc...

I love the Sox ring, I think it is the best looking ring after Marlins ring but wish it was bigger.

I do know past 2 world series Red Sox gave options to players whether they wanted large ring or "jumbo" ring. This ring is slightly larger than other 2 rings, looks to be around 65-75 grams since its 14K, previous A rings were 18K.

BkadvM9IEAAtZU0.jpg

The MVP ring is pretty stupid. Maybe add something to his personal ring, but don't give his a second big-ass gaudy one.

but that's what players want now a days. I remember reading an article when the Packers recieved their super bowl 45 rings. They asked Mark Murphy what the players input was for the ring and his exact words were BIG and BLING. It's the new standard today.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

The thing that really bugs me about the new Boston ring is the missing heel and toe patches on the hanging sox. They look like Christmas stockings, not the team logo.

13650711464_d6c9e0c454_b.jpg

The 2007 ring had the patches so I find it quite strange the new one doesn't.

2007_4.JPG

Wow Wally 1912.....great call man....does make a difference.... Red Sox should send the rings back to get them fixed

the Sox would have approved the design well before Jostens started production. . So the organization is aware of it and must not care that much.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

I don't like the World Series MVP ring either, but it is not that unusual. Players are given rings for a lot of accomplishments. Example here is Michael Cuddyer and Buster Posey's batting title rings and Roy Halladay's perfect game ring.

BkjroV_CAAA-5EG.jpg

tumblr_mkuqvuxPov1rrldiro1_500.jpg

docring.jpg

• Like 1

In my opinion the 2004 Red Sox ring is still the best of the three, but this year's ring is only the 2nd time the World Series trophy has been put on the face of the ring (1976 Reds). You can check out all of the World Series and most if not all of the pennant rings at this website.

WorldSeriesRings.net