CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

am sure FSU's rings will be on ebay soon....TJ probably has couple of them by now! Lol

Hahahaha!!!! Very funny! So true, tho. ;)

Oh, and thanks for the repost on the LSU ring...this ones much clearer.

Sincerely,

Karl

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

The NCAA BCS Ring started in 2002 with Ohio State and was the same size from 2002 to 2004. It has been made larger ever since 2005 with Texas. The black stone was used from 2002 to 2005. Starting in 2006 with Florida the winning team got to choose the color of the top stone.

Here is a video of the FSU Team getting their new Championship Rings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHDGk-mmCSU

am sure FSU's rings will be on ebay soon....TJ probably has couple of them by now! Lol

Hahahaha!!!! Very funny! So true, tho. ;)

Oh, and thanks for the repost on the LSU ring...this ones much clearer.

Sincerely,

Karl

After the Ohio St scandal you don't see them hit the market that quick. I mean of course they will eventually turn up but it may be a few years.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Thanks for video and information on BCS ring sports-rings.

I guess that is the very last BCS ring since as of next football season NCAA is going with College Football Playoff.

I am assuming NCAA will commission a company to make rings for that?

Did you guys see this story of NDSU player trying to sell his 2012 ring on ebay and was told by school to not do it?

I remember on ebay page he was asking for 5K and had implied the ring was gold which I don't think was the case.

http://www.ndnewsfeed.com/fargo/ex-bison-player-tried-to-sell-fcs-championship-ring-in/

This is what the rings looks like:

ZCSQHQHCNZDGUXM.20130522151314.jpg

Good point the "BCS Ring" as we people in the hobby call it will be prob called something else next year as it wont be any BCS anymore. No doubt the NCAA along with Jostens will some way still make a bonus Ring to give the winning team it will be refered to as prob "the NCAA National Championship Ring" instead of the BCS Ring. The ring that the schools design and produces will still be called or refered to as the "School Ring"

By the way the NCAA giving out the bonus "BCS" Ring was basicly what the NCAA has done with the Final Four teams for years in which they would give out all of the teams of the Final Four a ring that looked the same. The winners ring would say NCAA CHAMPIONS. The others would say FINAL FOUR. They have changed the design of that ring at least 2 times over the years. The schools of course give out a "School Version" Ring too for winning the National Champiosnhip for basektball.

That player who listed that NDSU National Championship Ring was in contact with me duing the ebay listing. Its pretty funny that he would list the ring when he was still going to school but he only had a few months left so if he had not let his name show on ebay no one would have known. Sadly not his only mistake. He claimed in the listing and to me that the ring was 10K Gold and had real diamonds and that the ring was a size 7. ALL 3 of these claims were wrong. The ring like every other ring made today is not real 10K gold and very rarely do any rings presented today have real diamonds in them even though as late at 2001 some College Championship rings were issued out with real diamonds in them. But its safe to bet that NDSU did not have real stones in it. Lastly that ring was more than a size 7 Ring as if it was not even he would be able to wear it. Kind of not surprising that players have NO idea of what these rings are made of and what sizes they are but i have a feeling that most do know.

Hey, where is Sports-rings.com? Is he out there buying yet another nugget of bling to blow our collective minds?

Weird to have a whole page of posts(page 63) and no comment from Mike!

Where you at, bro??...... Probably buying a Red Sox ring as I write this! :)

Karl

Hi Karl,

thanks for the comment, you made me LOL!

Sorry, been a little busy at work and the I love the Pro rings more than the college stuff.

Thanks everyone for posting some amazing pictures of great rings, and for pointing out some erros on the Red Sox Jostens rings!

Hopefully we will hear a date soon on the Seahawks rings!

Here are the Cardinals NL Champions rings. Pretty cool to see them use a jersey as the template for one of the shanks (even if it is the faux back). I knew there'd be the Stan Musial tribute logo somewhere on the ring. I might be biased as a Cardinals fan but they usually come up with really nice rings.

Bkuk0ivCIAAg-ec.jpg

Nice touch - very classy tribute to Stan Musial!

I remember the Patriots put Mr. Kraft's wife's initials on their last AFC championship ring when she passed. Can anyone remember any other tributes to those that passed away and were remembered on a championship ring? I can't recall any other examples.

Welcome back, Kotter! :)

In a word....No. I cannot remember another ring with a tribute to the deceased. The Pats ring was the first I can recall. Some scoffed at it, but I thought it was a nice touch. Mr.Kraft is one of the most highly regarded owners and seems like a classy guy, so I think it was not cheesy or something weird. It was truly a tribute. Oh, and I'm NOT a Pats fan, so no bias here just my observation from a distance.

That being said....the only other ring with a tribute on it (for someone still living, tho) would be the Nebraska National Championship ring in 1997. There's even a ' picture ' of Tom Osborne on the side. Very nice touch from a classy program. My only complaint with that ring is that is was the smallest of the three rings in the nineties. And yet, it celebrated a third title in four years!!!

Ironically, I have found that most coaches prefer smaller rings and I'm betting they made this one smaller so Coach Osboorne could realistically wear it sometimes. Just a guess, tho.

Karl

You are absolutely right, here is an example of the rings, Duke's "NCAA" and "School" championship rings.

ed8100d4e260dafba48b3648b7ec1122.jpg

Dralec,

I LOVE that picture!! I've seen it around and just love it. Thanks for posting it.

And no, the rings for players do NOT have diamonds and are RARELY ever made of gold any longer. The NCAA has rules about how much can be spent on rings and as you can guess...IT AINT MUCH! Now, for some programs the companies will make a ring a little nicer and make the rings at a loss to get the account ( higher profile programs ). But even then, they have to be careful. No diamonds for sure.

Funny story.....back in 1985 at Oklahoma, Barry Switzer had real diamonds put in the National Championship rings for his senior class and told the NCAA to pound sand because they were seniors and had no eligibility left. Needless to say, that went over like a fart in church! But it was a cool thing to do.

Somehow, my 1993 PAC Ten championship/Rose Bowl ring got made out of 10k yellow gold, but I don't know how we slipped that one past the NCAA. Gold was cheap back then, but still...... But it had cz's and not diamonds, for sure. I know because I made sure I got on the ring-design comittee!

Cheers,

Karl.

well the red sox has the "boston strong" emblem on theirs world series ring if that counts.

And that, in a word, was awesome. Truly a classy thing to do. But you have to admit, this is a newer trend. Really not common in years past, no?

well the red sox has the "boston strong" emblem on theirs world series ring if that counts.

And that, in a word, was awesome. Truly a classy thing to do. But you have to admit, this is a newer trend. Really not common in years past, no?

The combination of a memorial tribute and a championship ring is pretty rare. Like previously mentioned the Patriots had a reason to a few years ago. I don't know if everyone would consider this a tribute (but I do), the Diamondbacks and Yankees put American flags on their 2001 rings.

2001_3.jpg

01AL3.jpg