CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

On January 10, 2011 with National championship on line, Oregon lost to Auburn 22-19 in BCS Fiesta Bowl, hence Auburn won the national championship.

Commemorating the championship run, Oregon had this ring made with words "National Championship". Never seen a ring with those wording. Oregon won PAC 10 title in 2010 also, they had a different ring made for that.

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Great pictures and posts Dralec.

On January 10, 2011 with National championship on line, Oregon lost to Auburn 22-19 in BCS Fiesta Bowl, hence Auburn won the national championship.

Commemorating the championship run, Oregon had this ring made with words "National Championship". Never seen a ring with those wording. Oregon won PAC 10 title in 2010 also, they had a different ring made for that.

With twitter becoming so popular and college athletes wearing these rings, perhaps the school felt that a ring recognizing the accomplishment of playing in a "National Championship" game would bring nice exposure to their football program and was worth the expense of awarding rings.

We all know Texas football has not been doing well, that still did not stop them from producing championship rings.

Last year and this year they were in Alamo Bowl, they won it in 2012 and lost it in 2013. The 2013 ring is more of a commemorative ring for coach Mack Brown I think. It seems like neither rings have the year on them either.

(I remember last year some fans were upset that Texas has scooped so low that they have produced rings for winning the Alamo Bowl. I wonder how they feel this year that they lost 30-7 but still did produce rings!)

PhotoGrid_1369772143243.jpg

2885384.png

Thanks Sports-rings, you are right, that makes sense.

Also most these schools need the "bling-bling" to lure recruits. Saban does not wear his rings, but he says he takes them on recruiting trips to show what they could be getting.

Pat Riley did the same thing when he was trying to get LBJ. He put a black box on middle of table and after his 2 hour presentation he told Lebron to open it up. Inside was all his NBA championship rings, told LBJ he has won rings at every level and if he wants to win, he is the guy who is going to show him how.

Here is something odd about the ring - when the raiders reached their 5th superbowl and lost to the Bucs in super bowl XXVII they did a ring with 5 diamonds - one for each super bowl appearance including that one. The Bills did the same thing when they reached their 4th in a row. This Bronco ring clearly has 6 football shaped diamonds, yet this was their 7th super bowl appearance. I am very surprised by that. I do think a 7th diamond would have presented a balance issue with the design. where do you putt the odd dimaond?

Ridenlow71 - any chance you have more Jostens photos that show the shanks?

Maybe the giant football shape in the center around the logo is supposed to represent the 7th? They are all football shaped afterall.

That's a good point I bet it is.

No I don't Jostens hasn't shown any

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Guys, assuming SB rings are being handed out next Friday then rings were NOT made by Jostens!

On Jostens facebook page there is picture of Denver' AFC ring. One of the people asked if SB rings were made by Jostens too?

Dave Copenhaver Is Jostens doing the Seattle ring as well?

• 1002947_10151406407331782_922046451_n.pn
    Jostens Hi Dave! At this point, the team is still making the decision on which provider they intend to use. If Jostens is selected, we'll certainly be making an announcement.

Clearly if rings are handed out in a week they are already made.

It has to be Tiffany, can't imagine any other company as Balfour and Intergold are bought by Jostens and I highly doubt Herff Jones could pull it off.

With Pete Carroll and Paul Allen it has to be Tiffany.

If it is Tiffany, we can expect it will not be very large but hopefully better than 2 Giants rings. Although they did a really good job with 49ers NFC ring.

Guys, assuming SB rings are being handed out next Friday then rings were NOT made by Jostens!

On Jostens facebook page there is picture of Denver' AFC ring. One of the people asked if SB rings were made by Jostens too?

Like · Reply · 1 · 20 hours ago

Jostens Hi Dave! At this point, the team is still making the decision on which provider they intend to use. If Jostens is selected, we'll certainly be making an announcement.

It has to be Tiffany, can't imagine any other company as Balfour and Intergold are bought by Jostens and I highly doubt Herff Jones could pull it off.

If it is Tiffany, we can expect it will not be very large but hopefully better than 2 Giants rings. Although they did a really good job with 49ers NFC ring.

Kinda surprising since jostens made their nfc rings.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Good points - I guess that's what they thought of when they designed it.

However, look at the winning super bowl rings from the last decade and they all have big diamonds representing super bowl victories and then smaller diamonds to fill out the ring. If I was on the committee designing this ring, I would have wanted 7 diamonds.

If you notice on the Pats last ring, which was an AFC ring (losing Super Bowl ring) they did a diamond for each super bowl appearance and lots of small diamonds too!

sb46l.jpg

Like · Reply · 1 · 20 hours ago

Kinda surprising since jostens made their nfc rings.

Poking around the last month or two, I saw Tiffany was promoting Seahawks Super Bowl memorabilia for sale. No rings were available to the public, but charms, keychains, etc. This was a strong indication to me that Tiffany was picked to make the championship rings.

We will find out soon! Can't wait!

I thought the Tiffany rings for the Gaints and Saints and Tampa were top-notched. Yea a little small, but doesn't that reflect more on ownership then the ring company?