NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

Pittsburgh-Washington is to the NHL what Boston-Chicago was to the NBA. This series has been nothing but awesome. Hopefully the Caps and Pens one-up the NBA and actually have a good game 7 coughandcapswintoocough.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i almost had an aneurysm during that SH rush late in the 3rd. what a game. what a series.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Pittsburgh-Washington might be one of the greatest series I've ever seen. If it continues to live up to the hype, Washington will win tonight and send it to game 7.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

Uh oh, lets hope Maz doesn't blame you for jinxing the game. :P

I'm sure he'll put it on the refs.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Nice goal to tie things up by future Norris Trophy winner Shane O'Brien, off a beautiful setup and screen by Kyle "I look like a little kid wearing his dad's hockey jersey" Wellwood.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Pittsburgh-Washington might be one of the greatest series I've ever seen. If it continues to live up to the hype, Washington will win tonight and send it to game 7.

No, unlike some people *coughcapsfansandfatsbudreaucough* I don't do that.

The officiating was actually very solid today. Not good, never is, but solid. No complaints.

Anyway, this is not good. Not in the least bit. I do not like our chances in Washington in a game 7 they forced.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

No, unlike some people *couchcapsfansandfatsbudreaucough* I don't do that.

The officiating was actually very solid today. Not good, never is, but solid. No complaints.

Anyway, this is not good. Not in the least bit. I do not like our chances in Washington in a game 7 they forced.

I'm assuming I could go back a few pages and find something like that.

The most nerve-wracking final two minutes I've watched in a long time. Great game :D

GO CAPS!

Hi, how are you?

No, unlike some people *couchcapsfansandfatsbudreaucough* I don't do that.

I'm assuming I could go back a few pages and find something like that.

The most nerve-wracking final two minutes I've watched in a long time. Great game :D

GO CAPS!

You wont. I can confidently say that I have only once complained about the refs here. Two years ago, after the game in which Malkin scored his first goal.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

I still think that Pittsburgh's gonna advance. If this were the NBA, I'd pick Washington simply because they're the home team...but in the time that I've been watching hockey, I've quickly learned that home ice don't mean :censored: in the NHL. As long as the Caps continue to take stupid penalties, and continue to play lackadasical defense (like seriously, the Caps D basically said "Ok, Varly. Stop these pucks for us, we'll try our worst to clear the puck." I counted a few times where the Pens basically got a scoring chance due to one of the Caps' defensemen trying to "clear" it and instead passing it directly to a guy in black. Just bad.), Pittsburgh's gonna win. They've been playing the better hockey, IMO.

EDIT: This Hawks-Canucks game has been awesome as well. The Canucks took the lead, then the Blackhawks scored like 2 goals in the past 2 minutes or so to take the lead. It's been a wild ass 3rd period. NHL is great.

I still think that Pittsburgh's gonna advance. If this were the NBA, I'd pick Washington simply because they're the home team...but in the time that I've been watching hockey, I've quickly learned that home ice don't mean :censored: in the NHL. As long as the Caps continue to take stupid penalties, and continue to play lackadasical defense (like seriously, the Caps D basically said "Ok, Varly. Stop these pucks for us, we'll try our worst to clear the puck. I counted a few times where the Pens basically got a scoring chance due to one of the Caps' defensemen trying to "clear" it and instead passing it directly to a guy in black. Just bad.), Pittsburgh's gonna win. They've been playing the better hockey, IMO.

EDIT: This Hawks-Canucks game has been awesome as well. The Canucks took the lead, then the Blackhawks scored like 2 goals in the past 2 minutes or so to take the lead. It's been a wild ass 3rd period. NHL is great.

I too have a feeling that the Pens will skate out of the phone book with a win....

It isn't over yet, but what a period. 5 goals, 3 within 1:34 of gameplay and the Blackhawks are about to go to their first WCF since 1995.

EDIT:Make it 7-5, hat trick for Pat Kane!!!

saBS.png

Back and forth, back and forth.

Currently, Hawks up 6-5.

7-5 now!!

You could tell how Luongo wish he could have the 5th and 6th goals back. One minute they are leading by a goal, next minute they are trailing by one.

all I have to say about the Caps/Pens series is this: the Caps have not played their best hockey by far, and are taking the Pens to the limit. say what you will about the Caps defense, and trust me, i agree, however you cant argue with results. yeah i left them for dead and im still not confident in our ability to take this series, but the fact is is that the Caps defense has been downright awful, and we're right in the thick of this. that says alot about a teams character and heart.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Blackhawks are in the western conference finals. It is definitely cool to see a team like the 'Hawks return from complete irrelevancy, mired in futility to the final 4 of the NHL, and in an exciting manner at that.

I can imagine that if someone decided not to watch the Denver/Dallas and Atlanta/Cleveland games on the hardcourt since those series' were basically over and instead decided to watch Caps/Pens and 'Hawks/Canucks, they'd be hooked on the NHL now. Both of the games tonight were EXTREMELY exciting.

Archived