Washington Nationals uniform goof

BroadSt_Bully

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not have a picture, but the nationals are playing hte marlins tonight and there was another nationals mess up on the jersey.

I am not sure who it was, but his jersey said NATINALS. I will try to get a shot next time they show it.

there are TWO players who were wearing "NATINALS" jerseys at the start of tonights game against the marlins. i was at the bar so i couldn't quite catch who, but FSFlorida kept showing close-ups of the screwed up jerseys. nats seamstress needs to be fired.

**EDIT: Ryan Zimmerman is one of them. Sorry, no way to post pics

washingtonnatinals.jpg

That's really effing inexcusable.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As inexcusable as missing letters are, don't teams have more than one of a given type of jersey? Surely not all of the regular homes for Dunn and Zimmerman are screwed up like that. In fact, we've seen them in correct jerseys so we know they exist. You'd think that someone (player, equipment manager, etc.) would see the mistake before they step out onto the field to play.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

As inexcusable as missing letters are, don't teams have more than one of a given type of jersey? Surely not all of the regular homes for Dunn and Zimmerman are screwed up like that. In fact, we've seen them in correct jerseys so we know they exist. You'd think that someone (player, equipment manager, etc.) would see the mistake before they step out onto the field to play.

Yes, you'd think so. But you'd also think that someone would catch a lot of mistakes the Nationals make before they step out onto the field of play as well. When a team is on a pace to lose 146 games, jersey lettering may slip down on the "problems we need to fix" agenda.

20082614447.png

Yes, you'd think so. But you'd also think that someone would catch a lot of mistakes the Nationals make before they step out onto the field of play as well. When a team is on a pace to lose 146 games, jersey lettering may slip down on the "problems we need to fix" agenda.

Uniwatch linked to an article that explained why those players weren't in their "regular" jerseys, and how this happened (sort of.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thankfully for the Nats' seamstress. the new road jersey wordmark is one-piece cursive. Perhaps the team thought ten letters would be too difficult for the seamstress to keep straight, since she (or he) has had difficulty with the nine found in the team's nickname.

It has nothing to do with a local seamstress, and all to do with Majestic's QC. You should read the linked UW article for more on this.

Also, could you please make your signature a little bit longer, so that it takes up my entire screen? Maybe add another outdated NBA reference, or another large-unfunny photo.

Thanks in advance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thankfully for the Nats' seamstress. the new road jersey wordmark is one-piece cursive. Perhaps the team thought ten letters would be too difficult for the seamstress to keep straight, since she (or he) has had difficulty with the nine found in the team's nickname.

It has nothing to do with a local seamstress, and all to do with Majestic's QC. You should read the linked UW article for more on this.

Also, could you please make your signature a little bit longer, so that it takes up my entire screen? Maybe add another outdated NBA reference, or another large-unfunny photo.

Thanks in advance.

A new sig will be coming shortly, along with a massive update to NHLUniforms.com (Yes, the two are related to one another). Trust me, you will be floored!

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic...

Excellent

/Mr. Burns

I recommend you just turn sigs off like I did, BringBackTheVet, unless you're terribly concerned with which teams every person here likes and their need to express said allegiances with five to nine dopey banners from the Concepts folder.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

wow. that's TWO mistakes in one week. OUCH. this whole thing kinda, in my mind, makes the nationals look like the Indians from "Major League." you know, the team that can't win and has dumb things like these happen on a regular basis

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Archived