The quest for a new "brand" logo...

tBBP

Alright, folks...

...Quiet is as kept (or was until now), for a while now I've been in search of a new type of "brand" logo for myself. Never mentioned much about it, and because of where I just was, I never really had much time to actually develop a real good idea out fully. Even now I still don't. BUT...

...I think it's time for some new(er) type of identifying mark for myself and whatever work I produce that follows this.

Some of you may remember the mark I was using when I first started posting in here--a cursive "b" inside a capital "B" (with the lesser known element being the "o" inside that little "b", for my middle initial). I designed that logo well over four years ago, and while I do like it, I also think it's gotten a bit stale on me, not to mention I don't really see it "fitting my design image" anymore.

That whole idea is what led to the whole "brandONE" thing--another "identity" I never explained to anyone. to break it down, the "brand" in there is for "branding"; put that together with the "ONE" and you have how I used to work...one at a time. Of course, there's all other kinds of tie-ins with that, one being the overall "championship" aspect i was going for, as in winning or "championship" designs, which also explains the trophy hand logo I designed for that identity. (Oh, and then there's this" brandONE is also a play on my first name of "Brandon".) I also do like that whole package, except for this one thing: one would probably see that and think sports automatically; it doesn't really bode well for other types of design (of which I've done plenty over the years). So that's what's been leading me to seek out other avenues and try out new marks.

I also have this whole "circle B" idea I've been playing with for a while (sort of a "B" version of this symbol -> "@")--the issue with THAT, however, is that a/ I'm almost positive I've seen a similar logo to that somewhere before (though many Google searches have come up inconclusive), and b/ I don't really see it as "distinctive" enough.

This is where y'all come in.

Following is a quick paste-up of all these logos I just mentioned, in black and white, of course. When (or if) I decide on what way to go with this, I'll work out the colors a little later. What I'm going for is something that I can use universally, both in sports design and in regular print design/prepress, but still has that "distinctive" edge some have said that I have ( :wacko: ). They're in order of how I explained them in this post.

nubrandlogo.png

Any and all C&C, extra ideas, whatever--holla @ me here. And thanks in advance.

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think I told you this before, but I really liked the second one on here, although the one in your avatar's not bad at all either. The bottom two remind me of Bally's/Rawlings, and I just don't think they're quite as inspired as the others.

My favorite of the posted logos is the second one as well, the finger pointing one. I think it's unique and sticks out. I also think you could make a bunch of variations on it, like a hand holding different things, I don't know. I think that's an idea you could roll with.

But, it's a PERSONAL brand, you need to make it. I'm not sure anyone can really give you an idea for what you should do, but rather continue coming up with new ideas and we'll give you the suggestions on which are best, etc.

As for the b@ logo, it does look similar, can't put my finger on it though. It does remind me a TINY bit of one of the concepts I was playing with for my own personal logo a while ago...

nuts-design-1.png

as well as one of the logos somebody said it looked like

ACORN_Logo.gif

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Very true, Erik. It is a personal brand...but again, and maybe it was just me overthinking it, but the "trophy hand" thing there to me keeps me minda pinned down in the realm of sports for some reason.

I think the last time I was even near a sketchbook, muss less Illustrator, was almost two months ago. Maybe once I'm done shaking all the bullets out my brain I can get back to thinking a bit more clearly. ^_^

Thanks, though, you two, and anyone else who wishes to contribute.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Personally, I have always loved the first logo you used. From an outsiders perspective it works great. If you don't think it fits you, then, well...you know yourself better than we do. I'm just saying that you see it a lot more than we do, which could explain why it got "stale" to your eyes. I have always hoped you would go back to that logo. Maybe to make it fit your style more you can try coming up with an "updated" version of it.

I'm not saying anything bad about your other ideas, this one just always stuck in my head as classy. If I remembered it maybe it did its job.

I personally love the one you have as your avatar. Maybe have the hand one as a secondary logo. But honestly i think you are better off with the B1. its creative and works for you. The B one that looks like @ is good but it looks like the @ sign way too much... just my opinion

good work btw!

Your "circle b" logo looks a lot like JNutini's logo. That's probably where you saw something like it. As for the other logos, I like the B1 logo, and I thought the BrondOne name was pretty good. Maybe a mix of the B1 and Bb logos would be best, sort of taking the B1 and making it less active, and more corporate.

spacer.png

Very true, Erik. It is a personal brand...but again, and maybe it was just me overthinking it, but the "trophy hand" thing there to me keeps me minda pinned down in the realm of sports for some reason.

I see the hand as both a sports thing and kind of like an "aha, I just had an idea" sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Circle B" logo reminds me of the old Blimpie Sub logo

Blimbielogo.jpg

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The first one is the strongest by a large margin.

The third one is second, but a distant second IMO.

The second one - it's just not... "you".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived