Nebraska License Plate 2011

unl22

Just found this today. It looks like I'm getting a new plate in 2011.

https://www.nebraska.gov/survey/licenseplat...ntestsurvey.php

The first option with the state bird and flower is attractive, but I don't like the font on Nebraska.

The second is well plain. A gradient and Nebraska in two fonts, very underwhelming.

The third, my pick, is simple as well. But, I have always loved the capitol building. The font again is basic, which is my biggest beef with it. I would have liked to see this design with the current Nebraska that is on our plates.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38136764@N08/3501244041/

The fourth takes the second and third's negatives and rolls them into one.

Which one will you vote for?

Just found this today. It looks like I'm getting a new plate in 2011.

https://www.nebraska.gov/survey/licenseplat...ntestsurvey.php

The first option with the state bird and flower is attractive, but I don't like the font on Nebraska.

The second is well plain. A gradient and Nebraska in two fonts, very underwhelming.

The third, my pick, is simple as well. But, I have always loved the capitol building. The font again is basic, which is my biggest beef with it. I would have liked to see this design with the current Nebraska that is on our plates.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38136764@N08/3501244041/

The fourth takes the second and third's negatives and rolls them into one.

Which one will you vote for?

#3 as well. I remember driving through Nebraska about a year ago and seeing that huge monolith of a building and wondering what in the hell it was. We got closer and lo and behold, it's the state capitol building. Seems to me like it'd fit better into Lord of the Rings than Nebraska.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I picked #3 too, even though they all are bad!

and bmac I didn't assume you were from Minnesota I just thought u might be a twins fan??? but I could be wrong about that haha

That's what I have to put on my truck?!?! I don't like them that much. Our current one is ok.

And BTW, even though my sig and/or avatar may lead you to believe I live in Minnesota, I live in Nebraska.

I too would be just fine with keeping the one we have now. They all are pretty poor attempts. For sure they are not an upgrade. So it's just pick the lesser of the evils. But, the may be better than the yellow/orange/red things we had before.

I was actually gonna start a topic on this yesterday, but I got sidetracked, so I guess you beat me to it. Personally, I would love to see #1 be chosen; after all, it is the state bird and I like that it is more colorful than the others. I pray to God that they don't choose #2, I mean seriously? A black and white gradient would be real exciting. <_< #3 would probably be my second choice, because I love going to the capitol building, and it at least contains something that would tell you the car is from Nebraska. On #4 I have pretty much the same opinion as #3, no gradients.

For me it goes like this:

1- Western Meadowlark

2- State Capitol Building

3- blue w/ Nebraska outline

4- black and white gradient

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

License plates should be standardized... enough with the advertisements for websites, visitors bureaus, etc.

A simple two-letter state ID (possibly stacked so they only take up one character width) and then a number. With the state clearly identified by the abbreviation, they could be made available in a variety of colors per state.

That way, you could get one that matches your car, instead of some wild design that clashes with your car's color. I'll never, ever, ever, ever, EVER understand the need for each state to have their own "flashy" license plate.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We should have crashed the vote and owned a piece of Nebraska history forever.

"A couple weeks ago we asked all of you to vote in a poll to choose the new state license plate for the state of Nebraska. The results are in. We won."

Well, that's exactly what collegehumor.com did!

Archived