Back In The Game?

Linus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they're going to stay in Phoenix for this season no matter who gets the team. There's no way they'd pack it up in time.

Did Balsillie plan to change the name/logos/etc? We never found out if he had kind of a shadow-identity established for the Coyotes to switch over to.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They'll stay in Phoenix.

And the Blues will make the playoffs :)

For the second straight season? Why not?

And how was that Leafs playoff run last year? ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Work in the 8820, THEN I'll be impressed. :P

Balsillie believes that support for a Hamilton-based NHL franchise would far exceed the average attendance of 8820 fans who show-up for Coyotes home games in Glendale.

:P

Yes, because you're not allowed meager attendance seasons ever.

Just in general, a lot of people in Pittsburgh have an inborn hatred for anything Philadelphia, while most in Philadelphia couldn't tell you where Pittsburgh is on the map. That's honestly not to sound disrespectful, it's just the way it is. I'm not sure if it's just an inferiority complex since Philadelphia is the much larger city from a population / economic perspective or what. Before anyone get's all up in arms, it's the same way in pretty much any state where one city dominates the socioeconomic landscape. Hey - I'll go on the record and say that there's a bit of an inferiority complex between Philadelphia and NYC, so I'm not knocking Pittsburgh (though I'm sure everyone will get all defensive and read it as such.)

Blame Ed Rendell. Everyone else in western PA already has. ;)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They'll stay in Phoenix.

For 09-10 at least, after that, we'll see...

I have the feeling PSE attys did not nail the thing Thurs. and Friday in court.

Creditors' support to the NHL bid will be the deciding factor.

Moyes had very bold statments about NHL in the South last Friday.

In the mind of the BoG, it still make sense to have a franchise in Phx, LV or KC because it covers a region to grab corporate revenue. Any fan or game related issue matters, its all about TV and markets.

I'm truly sorry for Hamilton, this would be awesome!

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Just in general, a lot of people in Pittsburgh have an inborn hatred for anything Philadelphia, while most in Philadelphia couldn't tell you where Pittsburgh is on the map. That's honestly not to sound disrespectful, it's just the way it is. I'm not sure if it's just an inferiority complex since Philadelphia is the much larger city from a population / economic perspective or what. Before anyone get's all up in arms, it's the same way in pretty much any state where one city dominates the socioeconomic landscape. Hey - I'll go on the record and say that there's a bit of an inferiority complex between Philadelphia and NYC, so I'm not knocking Pittsburgh (though I'm sure everyone will get all defensive and read it as such.)

Though he's actually funneled more of our money out west than any previous governor. Hate him because he's corrupt and hooks up his boys, but don't hate him because he's a Philly guy. Look at the economics of PA - the housing market is trash in Pittsburgh vs. nearly thriving in many areas in Philly (average house price more than double in the metro area vs. Allegheny county), and unemployment is multiple points higher in the west than it is in the east... yet more money is being spent on things like hockey stadiums, infrastructure improvements, and public programs in the west than in the east - money that comes from the east. I'm not complaining - I believe in distribution - just saying that Pittsburgh hatred for Rendell shows a total ignorance for the facts, because he's hooked up Pittsburgh way more than it deserved based on the numbers alone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Work in the 8820, THEN I'll be impressed. :P

Balsillie believes that support for a Hamilton-based NHL franchise would far exceed the average attendance of 8820 fans who show-up for Coyotes home games in Glendale.

:P

Good enough for me!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Though he's actually funneled more of our money out west than any previous governor. Hate him because he's corrupt and hooks up his boys, but don't hate him because he's a Philly guy. Look at the economics of PA - the housing market is trash in Pittsburgh vs. nearly thriving in many areas in Philly (average house price more than double in the metro area vs. Allegheny county), and unemployment is multiple points higher in the west than it is in the east... yet more money is being spent on things like hockey stadiums, infrastructure improvements, and public programs in the west than in the east - money that comes from the east. I'm not complaining - I believe in distribution - just saying that Pittsburgh hatred for Rendell shows a total ignorance for the facts, because he's hooked up Pittsburgh way more than it deserved based on the numbers alone.

Now it's up to you to get the rest of them cats out in the western end of your Keystone State there to understand all that. Good luck. ^_^

(FWIW, I ain't got a horse in this Pgh/PHL race...I been left that place. But I will say that somewhere between Ed and Luke Ravenstahl, who was the city's mayor when I left, there have been some major improvements made up in Allegheny proper over the past three years, particularly in the eastern regions. But they still got a loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnggg way to go.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They'll stay in Phoenix.

And the Blues will make the playoffs :)

For the second straight season? Why not?

And how was that Leafs playoff run last year? ;)

What's a playoff?

It takes place at the same time as what you in the GTA refer to as "golf season."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/118554-owners-may-dump-panthers

Don't look now, but there is another Phoenix Coyotes situation on the National Hockey League horizon. The Florida Panthers were supposed to be sold this summer, but quietly no deal was ever agreed to with the difficult owner Alan Cohen, and those who know the situation best wonder what comes next. The current owners clearly want out. They didn't even bother to replace Jacques Martin as general manager this summer. They are operating on a shoestring budget and rumblings are the owners may consider abandoning ship if need be. This isn't the kind of news the NHL wants to hear as another season is about to begin, especially considering what this summer in bankruptcy court has been like for the league. Make no mistake, the trouble is there, even if commissioner Gary Bettman won't readily admit it.

So, how about we make a deal?

The Coyotes stay in Phoenix, continue to be in a top TV market and try to further include the hispanic market...

...and Basillie and Hamilton get the Panthers, leaving Tampa Bay to have the Sunshine State?

Works good for everyone? Phoenix keeps their team, Basillie and Hamilton and Canada get their team.

I'm just not ready to give up on ____. The fans didn't fail to support their team, the team failed to support their fans. The league can't give up on a team just because they can't sell tickets to perennially awful hockey inconveniently located in the suburbs. If this team had been good like ______ up the road, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived